The New Raith Rovers Thread

We don't actually have a fit cb available for the first league game of the season as it stands (no offence to Mason, but let's be realistic). I said I'd judge Murray after the first quarter, but if we can't even put an actual pair of cbs on the pitch then I'm afraid he is definitely under pressure from the start. 

Berra looked fucked after 50/60 minutes on Sunday but at least let us sign a replacement first ffs. I know I was ridiculed for saying this before, but maybe he did sign for mcglynn rather than the club? 

1 minute ago, Been going too long said:

I heard he fell out with Murray , could be 💩 but.. bet there are a few more wet knickers now eh 😂😂

Aye the timing of this is going to lend itself to rumours even if there's nothing in it. 

The last thing we need is some squad disharmony to go with our lack of centre backs and forwards. 

There was no way Berra was suited to the high line Murray wants to play, evidenced on Sunday with that 3rd goal. We need replacements in soon and we've just got one of the likely top earners off the wage bill. Odd timing from a playing perspective but logical if we're trying to sign replacements and have nothing left in the budget. Makes me wonder if anyone else will be out too in the next few weeks and we have to recoup before we can spend.

1 minute ago, grumswall said:

We don't actually have a fit cb available for the first league game of the season as it stands (no offence to Mason, but let's be realistic). I said I'd judge Murray after the first quarter, but if we can't even put an actual pair of cbs on the pitch then I'm afraid he is definitely under pressure from the start. 

Berra looked fucked after 50/60 minutes on Sunday but at least let us sign a replacement first ffs. I know I was ridiculed for saying this before, but maybe he did sign for mcglynn rather than the club? 

We'll be laughing about this at 5pm on Saturday after Masson caps a man of the match display with a headed winner in injury time. 

Maybe. 

5 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Never mind Frankie or Benedictus, I would be ecstatic with Dave McKay right now.

What a laugh that we let 3 CBs go, signed none to replace them and the one of the two remaining that's not injured has decided to pack it in. 

f**k sake. 

4 days before our opening league game and we have no fucking centre halfs. Only rumours are kids from Hibs and Aberdeen. We are a fucking joke and this needs sorted urgently. At least 2 fit centre halves needed without delay and whilst we are at it sign a fucking striker. If we don't and we go with kid loan players we are for a big fall back in the Seaside leagues next season.

23 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

He was on loan to us in 2020 before going out to Kelty the season after. Didn't really feature as we had Harry Milne. Looked decent and by all accounts he's progressed but better than Liam Dick in that position not sure.

Better defensively than offensively. Definitely not versatile and able to cover CB as not really got the height.

You’d be a better LB than Liam Dick do anything will be an upgrade 

10 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

4 days before our opening league game and we have no fucking centre halfs. Only rumours are kids from Hibs and Aberdeen. We are a fucking joke and this needs sorted urgently. At least 2 fit centre halves needed without delay and whilst we are at it sign a fucking striker. If we don't and we go with kid loan players we are for a big fall back in the Seaside leagues next season.

This is the problem. We can't just chuck a couple of kids in there and expect it to be fine.

It's also likely any signings have not exactly had a fulfilling pre-season and will take time to get into the swing of things. Three days (at best) prior to our opening fixture is not it.

Understand if he's felt he can't hack it at this level anymore, it's always a risk at that age.  Didn't feel he looked great this season so far.

The fact someone of his professionalism hasn't slogged it out for a few more weeks is really, really concerning.