The New Raith Rovers Thread

He's got the whole rest of his life to retire. At least wait a fucking week. Even if we do have bodies lined up, they are going in without any prior experience of playing together.

1 minute ago, renton said:

He's got the whole rest of his life to retire. At least wait a fucking week. Even if we do have bodies lined up, they are going in without any prior experience of playing together.

It makes you wonder if there is more to this than meets the eye. 

Got to say I thought Berra looked miles off it in the Dumbarton game. Thought he maybe had a knock but perhaps he's just realised he's done during some of the games.

We absolutely have to have several players in this week. Otherwise you'd think Berra would have just played on a game or two more.

Definitely didn't see that coming. Big loss given the exodus of defenders who have already parted Rovers in the summer.

Your remaining centre halves are likely better than Mark Reynolds and Morgyn Neill if that's any consolation. That and you must have someone lined up before he throws the towel in like that 

Just now, CoveRangers1922 said:

Definitely didn't see that coming. Big loss given the exodus of defenders who have already parted Rovers in the summer.

Your remaining centre halves are likely better than Mark Reynolds and Morgyn Neill if that's any consolation. That and you must have someone lined up before he throws the towel in like that 

We don't have any remaining centre halves. 

On 21/07/2022 at 17:16, RaithRyan said:

Honestly would accept Andy Ticklefeet getting announced right now. 

just give us something min 😂!

Cmon Andy just sign the contract we are in dire straits

I think there’s more to this than what Raith are saying not too long ago he was appointed as player coach but more solely looking to coach than play when we did get the CHs in now he’s fully retired In my honest opinion I think there’s a bit more to this……. But good luck to him on the retirement had a good career 

1 minute ago, Michael W said:

He played on Sunday and also has a coaching role with us  which he's presumably giving up as well. 

I can't help but feel there's a lot more to this. 

Feels that way from the outside, otherwise surely he’d help out until bodies in the door

1 minute ago, OhnononoGeordieMunro said:

Got to say I thought Berra looked miles off it in the Dumbarton game. Thought he maybe had a knock but perhaps he's just realised he's done during some of the games.

Yeah he looked physically done by the end of last season too I thought. Ach I really hope it’s just as strait forward as that or perhaps something in his personal life rather than a falling out or something equally comical.