The New Raith Rovers Thread

21 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Actually, you are, but not for the reason you think. Norway is associated with the EU due to its association with the EEA, and that ties back to Norwegian participation in the EFTA, a competitor to the EEC.

They participate in a common jobs market with the EU, so the same rules apply. Regardless, once outwith the EU, all signings follow the same documentation rules.

Cheers Tx

20 minutes ago, Varna Rover said:

the point tx is do wales Northern ireland or england suffer the same problems ir is it maybe scottish incompetence causingb the issue

They are all suffering under much the same regulations, with just a little local flavor added. The biggest difference is many English teams are signing players who easily reach 15 points due to International action or playing history, whilst Scottish, Welsh and NI teams don’t have the dosh for that.

Edited by TxRover

1 hour ago, Craigus said:

Hypocrisy cause you have expressed an issue with someone insulting another individual (apparently unjustly) then to make yourself feel better decided to resort to... insulting that someone on an internet forum 😄

If it was Hypocrisy id surly be shouting abuse at you for 90 mins ?

4 minutes ago, TxRover said:

They are all suffering under much the same regulations, with just a little local flavor added. The biggest difference is many English teams are signing players who easily reach 15 points due to International action or playing history, whilst Scottish, Welsh and NI teams don’t have the dosh for that.

Nail on head, the further down the leagues and footballing nations you go the more difficult it will be for clubs to get work permission for their players. 

43 minutes ago, TxRover said:

I asked a question, not made an assertion. Thus, a posting of an example is neither appropriate or necessary.

QUOTE "And you never miss an opportunity to praise BREXIT, eh?"

Where are the opportunities I didnt miss? Put them up.

You don't half slaver some pish. And if you don't like our politics stick to Biden and Trudeau and f**k off.

49 minutes ago, Raith_Raver said:

QUOTE "And you never miss an opportunity to praise BREXIT, eh?"

Where are the opportunities I didnt miss? Put them up.

You don't half slaver some pish. And if you don't like our politics stick to Biden and Trudeau and f**k off.

So, let’s look at my quote. Read for comprehension, please…note the question mark, note the absence of the word “have” after you and the use of miss versus “missed”, which shows present versus past tense in the phrase…that’s that.

The suggestion that noting that you took a position on BREXIT, and commenting on your position, is somehow not acceptable because I’m not resident in Scotland is, well, unique. And a poster with your history of rabidly foaming pish opinions (examples abound, and no one wants to see them again) is well qualified to adjudge slavering pish, so I’m disappointed you made an error here.

Have you opined on the Dunfermline or Falkirk threads recently?

1 hour ago, bobbykdy said:

Nail on head, the further down the leagues and footballing nations you go the more difficult it will be for clubs to get work permission for their players. 

Which isn’t a terrible thing for our younger players, in the longer term. It may be a problem for the quality of the leagues for some time, though.

Edited by TxRover

8 minutes ago, TxRover said:

So, let’s look at my quote. Read for comprehension, please…note the question mark, note the absence of the word “have” after you and the use of miss versus “missed”, which shows present versus past tense in the phrase…that’s that.

The suggestion that noting that you took a position on BREXIT, and commenting on your position, is somehow not acceptable because I’m not resident in Scotland is, well, unique. And a poster with your history of rabidly foaming pish opinions (examples abound, and no one wants to see them again) is well qualified to adjudge slavering pish, so I’m disappointed you made an error here.

Have you opined on the Dunfermline or Falkirk threads recently?

Your typical load of wooly waffle. I SAID f**k ALL ABOUT BREXIT - GET IT?

So, ONCE MORE, WHY HAVE YOU ASSOCIATED ME WITH BREXIT???  - and if I were pro Brexit  I have to justify it to you?

GTF

29 minutes ago, Varna Rover said:

i suggest poplatnik will be back with us by the end of this week. also look out for 2 scaninavions coming in too.

Poplatnik won’t come back Imo because apparently he’s asked for too much money elsewhere and with our rumoured budget being down can we afford him? 

There is a boy on fantalk who seems ITK re Poplatnik saying that we have now decided to make him a signing offer. 

If true its really disappointing that having faffed about all summer we've now been reduced to making an offer to Poplatnik after all. 

1 minute ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

There is a boy on fantalk who seems ITK re Poplatnik saying that we have now decided to make him a signing offer. 

If true its really disappointing that having faffed about all summer we've now been reduced to making an offer to Poplatnik after all. 

I’ll believe when I see it tbh, I personally don’t think it will happen 

39 minutes ago, Varna Rover said:

i suggest poplatnik will be back with us by the end of this week. also look out for 2 scaninavions coming in too.

Negative. Joe Biden received his work permit application and declined it. 

41 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Raith2020? If so he's either Poplatnik himself or a close friend/relative. Would only post about Pops and seemed to know everything that was going on with him. If he's saying we've made Poplatnik an offer then I'll take that as being true.