The New Raith Rovers Thread

1 minute ago, Michael W said:

Good to see that this thread remains unrivalled going into the new season. 

Raith Rovers fans hate each other more than most on this forum. Me personally I try not to be a c**t. I’m a grumpy auld b*****d at times. We’re all anxious about the lack of signings. I need to calm the f**k down at times and let the new manager get on with it. I also seriously don’t want to fall out with absolute strangers on this thread. I’m not a bad guy really. 

19 minutes ago, TxRover said:

And you never miss an opportunity to praise BREXIT, eh?

Put up quotes where I "never miss an opportunity to praise Brexit" - I'm waiting for you to justify that piece fo fiction:

... you never miss an opportunity to show that you're an arsehole.

21 minutes ago, TxRover said:

And you never miss an opportunity to praise BREXIT, eh?

And the BBC article point was that the teams had to explain why there wasn’t a Scottish player who could do it.

ànd why not. you dont live in the uk tx but in a very racist country. those who blame brexit for everything are utter cretins.

1 minute ago, Varna Rover said:

ànd why not. you dont live in the uk tx but in a very racist country. those who blame brexit for everything are utter cretins.

It’s like the Biden administration blaming the excruciating Inflation and gas prices on the Putin price hike. Inflation was going through the roof way before the Russian invasion of Ukraine. 

36 minutes ago, Raith_Raver said:

OK. and my point is taht the BBC never misses an opportunity to critise Brexit. Being an independent sovereign country means we are in control of our own borders, unlike the EU idea of a loose confederation of interdependent  states. However, I think bona fide people should be able to come if there an employer needs them to do a job.

I agree, they should be able to, the problem is right now, they're not. There are way too many hoops to jump. Mostly because Brexit has left this chasm yet to be filled with proper process and directives as yet and we're pretty much in this limbo area where Scottish teams are fighting in a reduced talent pool due to red tape and more interest from other areas too.  

3 minutes ago, CountryBumpkin said:

I agree, they should be able to, the problem is right now, they're not. There are way too many hoops to jump. Mostly because Brexit has left this chasm yet to be filled with proper process and directives as yet and we're pretty much in this limbo area where Scottish teams are fighting in a reduced talent pool due to red tape and more interest from other areas too.  

If we’re looking at Norwegians, what’s the problem. Norway isn’t an EU country, I could be wrong though!!

23 minutes ago, Raith_Raver said:

Put up quotes where I "never miss an opportunity to praise Brexit" - I'm waiting for you to justify that piece fo fiction:

... you never miss an opportunity to show that you're an arsehole.

I asked a question, not made an assertion. Thus, a posting of an example is neither appropriate or necessary.

On the other hand, your statement necessitates evidence, which is sorely lacking.

23 minutes ago, Varna Rover said:

I find this kinda amusing, given Bulgaria’s somewhat dubious racial credentials, but am not really sure how it even applies. I’m neither defending the U.S., nor stating a position on BREXIT (remain, if you wish to know), but rather noting the impact on the ease of signing players for Scottish clubs. The impact is clear and evident, and due to BREXIT, that is undeniable…but that doesn’t establish a position on it.

19 minutes ago, pub car king said:

Sorry, can we just have some clarity. Is It Joe Biden, Brexit or the BBC to blame for us not signing  anyone? 

I’m blaming Val, no, John Sim, oh hell, Nicola?

18 minutes ago, Craigus said:

None of them - it's Dario's fault 😉

One thing I’m sure he’s not guilty of.

14 minutes ago, baillieinleeds said:

If we’re looking at Norwegians, what’s the problem. Norway isn’t an EU country, I could be wrong though!!

Actually, you are, but not for the reason you think. Norway is associated with the EU due to its association with the EEA, and that ties back to Norwegian participation in the EFTA, a competitor to the EEC.

They participate in a common jobs market with the EU, so the same rules apply. Regardless, once outwith the EU, all signings follow the same documentation rules.

17 minutes ago, baillieinleeds said:

They require a work permit to come and play here which isn't easy to obtain, as do EU nationals now who up until recently did not.

16 minutes ago, TxRover said:

I asked a question, not made an assertion. Thus, a posting of an example is neither appropriate or necessary.

On the other hand, your statement necessitates evidence, which is sorely lacking.

I find this kinda amusing, given Bulgaria’s somewhat dubious racial credentials, but am not really sure how it even applies. I’m neither defending the U.S., nor stating a position on BREXIT (remain, if you wish to know), but rather noting the impact on the ease of signing players for Scottish clubs. The impact is clear and evident, and due to BREXIT, that is undeniable…but that doesn’t establish a position on it.

I’m blaming Val, no, John Sim, oh hell, Nicola?

One thing I’m sure he’s not guilty of.

the point tx is do wales Northern ireland or england suffer the same problems ir is it maybe scottish incompetence causingb the issue

16 minutes ago, bobbykdy said:

They require a work permit to come and play here which isn't easy to obtain, as do EU nationals now who up until recently did not.

Thanks for clarifying it man.