The New Raith Rovers Thread

59 minutes ago, Jack Rae2 said:

That would be us 

Agreed with what you were saying to the guy with the weird witch's laugh, Having a constant pop at a player is just sh*te patter. boys confidence is low enough no need for it. 

42 minutes ago, Been going too long said:

Exactly the kind of player I thought we would get , promising but unproven, tbh we need him or someone like him and he will learn a lot from Berra , would prefer more experience but he does look highly rated  so hopefully it happens, noticed he played yesterday for hibs v Norwich 

That’s exactly why we got Berra last year, and why he’s a coach this year. It provides good incentive for a team to loan us a potentially great player for them in need of game time and experienced guidance. Nice rumour, hope it’s more than just that.

1 hour ago, Hadji said:

Agreed with what you were saying to the guy with the weird witch's laugh, Having a constant pop at a player is just sh*te patter. boys confidence is low enough no need for it. 

Hypocrisy all round from you and the laddies, good thing your patter isn't sh*te and I'm not as low on confidence as our mercurial number 11 eh? It's only football you know. 😄

50 minutes ago, CountryBumpkin said:

Interesting article on the BBC Sport website on how Scottish clubs are impacted by the outcome of those arseholes who voted for Brexit.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/62284560

Christ on crutches, that’ll explain why there’s been little action if we’re looking at a couple of Norwegians…

1 hour ago, TxRover said:

That’s exactly why we got Berra last year, and why he’s a coach this year. It provides good incentive for a team to loan us a potentially great player for them in need of game time and experienced guidance. Nice rumour, hope it’s more than just that.

I agree re Berra just in an ideal world  you want a mark Connolly the the pars got last year from United 

Edited by Been going too long

1 hour ago, CountryBumpkin said:

Interesting article on the BBC Sport website on how Scottish clubs are impacted by the outcome of those arseholes who voted for Brexit.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/62284560

Shite. The woke BBC is hysterically anti Brexit and will look for any excuse to complain about it.

1 hour ago, TxRover said:

Potentially an excellent combination. Brown looks like a good player with an excellent engine, but really isn't a centre half and was caught out quite a bit yesterday at times.

Hopefully we can find someone who is a natural CB, and Brown can find a place on midfield and start controlling games from there. 

2 minutes ago, Raith_Raver said:

Shite. The woke BBC is hysterically anti Brexit and will look for any excuse to complain about it.

But the points within it are correct, we're now needing work permits for EU players, something we didn't need before, this causes issues for all clubs and reduces the talent pool even further. We were rejected for a work permit last December for a striker from Norway, wouldn't have happened before that. 

7 minutes ago, CountryBumpkin said:

But the points within it are correct, we're now needing work permits for EU players, something we didn't need before, this causes issues for all clubs and reduces the talent pool even further. We were rejected for a work permit last December for a striker from Norway, wouldn't have happened before that. 

Fair enough, it's unusual for a work permit to be rejected; it's hard to see big English clubs being baulked from signing African internationalists - there's a huge list of them. However, clearance was always an irritation trying to get foreign players.

19 minutes ago, CountryBumpkin said:

Maybe if we'd written "its this, or sign a rapist" on the application we would have gotten it approved.

7 minutes ago, Raith_Raver said:

Fair enough, it's unusual for a work permit to be rejected; it's hard to see big English clubs being baulked from signing African internationalists - there's a huge list of them. However, clearance was always an irritation trying to get foreign players.

Well, no but thats not the point. If they are internationalists, thats a different prospect and the more likelihood of getting a permit approved. For smaller Scottish clubs trying to sign anyone, they are a lot less likely to be trying to sign anyone that has international caps. I doubt the Norwegian lad we were in for last season was an internationalist at any level. The paperwork and red tape is massive now for any non-UK signing, achievable, but can take a while. I'm sure the lad from Aberdeen had to wait a month between signing and being eligible to play. 

4 minutes ago, renton said:

Maybe if we'd written "its this, or sign a rapist" on the application we would have gotten it approved.

Well yes, I imagine that or "by comparison, Scottish footballers are utter dung" aren't reasons that would be accepted on their own merit.

1 hour ago, Craigus said:

Hypocrisy all round from you and the laddies, good thing your patter isn't sh*te and I'm not as low on confidence as our mercurial number 11 eh? It's only football you know. 😄

Hypocrisy? 

3 minutes ago, Craigus said:

Yes. Read the rest of the post maybe?

Or just move on. Hopefully Dario scores 6 on Saturday and I desereve a GIRUY. I'd laugh (quietly, dont want to upset you) 😀

How exactly is it Hypocrisy from me?

Nothing wrong with having a view on how a player is playing but you a fully grown adult spent your sunday afternoon shouting abuse at a 25 year old who was actually putting a shift in. 

and I highly doubt that bullshit cackle was your actual laugh, more likey just trying to deflect away from the other guy pointing out what a tube you were being. 

3 hours ago, Hadji said:

Hopefully Berra doesn't have a peek at your Twitter, his confidence might get knocked.

26 minutes ago, CountryBumpkin said:

Well, no but thats not the point. If they are internationalists, thats a different prospect and the more likelihood of getting a permit approved. For smaller Scottish clubs trying to sign anyone, they are a lot less likely to be trying to sign anyone that has international caps. I doubt the Norwegian lad we were in for last season was an internationalist at any level. The paperwork and red tape is massive now for any non-UK signing, achievable, but can take a while. I'm sure the lad from Aberdeen had to wait a month between signing and being eligible to play. 

OK. and my point is taht the BBC never misses an opportunity to critise Brexit. Being an independent sovereign country means we are in control of our own borders, unlike the EU idea of a loose confederation of interdependent  states. However, I think bona fide people should be able to come if there an employer needs them to do a job.

2 minutes ago, Raith_Raver said:

OK. and my point is taht the BBC never misses an opportunity to critise Brexit. Being an independent sovereign country means we are in control of our own borders, unlike the EU idea of a loose confederation of interdependent  states.

And you never miss an opportunity to praise BREXIT, eh?

3 minutes ago, Raith_Raver said:

However, I think bona fide people should be able to come if there an employer needs them to do a job.

And the BBC article point was that the teams had to explain why there wasn’t a Scottish player who could do it.

4 minutes ago, Hadji said:

How exactly is it Hypocrisy from me?

Nothing wrong with having a view on how a player is playing but you a fully grown adult spent your sunday afternoon shouting abuse at a 25 year old who was actually putting a shift in. 

and I highly doubt that bullshit cackle was your actual laugh, more likey just trying to deflect away from the other guy pointing out what a tube you were being. 

Hypocrisy cause you have expressed an issue with someone insulting another individual (apparently unjustly) then to make yourself feel better decided to resort to... insulting that someone on an internet forum 😄