The New Raith Rovers Thread

10 minutes ago, Been going too long said:

Tore Andre Flo? John Carew , Morten Harket ? 😀

Thankfully not. They are finished. He isn't a player anyway, I was just bored so thought id add to the Norway rumour tbh. I can't actually pronounce his name after knowing him for two years so I would love to see niall and davie giving it a bash. 

4 hours ago, Varna Rover said:

i have heard we are in for 2 Scandinavians. but only a rumour mind you

My mate was at the game today and according to him there was a supposed player we’re looking at sitting next to our Members of the board who was there today but I can’t confirm If this true 

I get that Dario's performance is heavily dictated by how confident he is but workrate shouldn't drop just because you aren't tying full backs in knots from the first whistle. 

He's fantastic on his day but maddening when it isn't going for him. He often looks like he just canny be arsed.

22 minutes ago, Rover the Moon said:

What’s everyone’s thoughts on the captaincy? Given Murray has ruled out Berra, the only other genuine leader on the pitch is Brown. I’d be happy with that. Shame for Ross Matthews though.

Should be Mathews all day long, get someone keeping it warm for hit return 😂

Edited by Jack Rae2

23 minutes ago, Raithie said:

I've heard Kyle McLelland (defender) from Hibs is signing. Not sure if it's a loan or permanent. He's a young boy though, part of their under 20's.

Probably likely a loan as I’m sure he’s not long signed for hibs (if this is true) but we will also need a permanent signing of a defender as well 

1 hour ago, Raithie said:

I've heard Kyle McLelland (defender) from Hibs is signing. Not sure if it's a loan or permanent. He's a young boy though, part of their under 20's.

My son is a hibs fan so I’ve been to a few of their games recently… If true this would be a great signing…. Good player, big, strong, very composed on the ball 

13 hours ago, Jack Rae2 said:

Leave early as in go for a pish and stand at the top of the stand until the whistle, love it from you. Dario at that point had been playing a decent game, had put an effort in. Had just made a bursting run back to cover for our lb and held up their winger? But yet you still decided to call him a lazy c**t? 

as previous have said, Dario is a confidence player, giving him a boost as fans, especially when he’s showing a good bit of gut during the game is what he needs. Not Abuse from his own supporters, fair enough moaning and groaning for giving the ball away but screaming abuse when he’s a few metres away from you for doing the right thing is not on. 

think we might now know why our covid season was our best season for a while now. No “fans” hollering abuse at them.

Was it you two who were arguing at the game yesterday ?

1 hour ago, Geordie_Munrover said:

My son is a hibs fan so I’ve been to a few of their games recently… If true this would be a great signing…. Good player, big, strong, very composed on the ball 

Exactly the kind of player I thought we would get , promising but unproven, tbh we need him or someone like him and he will learn a lot from Berra , would prefer more experience but he does look highly rated  so hopefully it happens, noticed he played yesterday for hibs v Norwich 

14 minutes ago, Been going too long said:

Exactly the kind of player I thought we would get , promising but unproven, tbh we need him or someone like him and he will learn a lot from Berra , would prefer more experience but he does look highly rated  so hopefully it happens, noticed he played yesterday for hibs v Norwich 

But we also need someone else experienced as a CH someone who is 25/26/27 age bracket because you can’t put all this pressure on the young lad and essentially be our only other CH so one more to hopefully get us through until Lang is back