The New Raith Rovers Thread

1 hour ago, Sweaty Morph said:

tEh sILeNcE iS DeAfENiNg!!1

What exactly is it you expect Ian Murray/the board to update the fans with, outwith what IM said at the end of today's interview? Genuine question.

Check me. I’m So StUnNinNg aNd BrAvE

5 hours ago, Jack Rae2 said:

Truly embarrassing, A couple of us have had a right go at him. Sums up a lot of our fans though doesn’t it.

Well Jacky boy, it was quite embarrassing how personally you took some criticism of a football player, you got very excited, good for you, a real hero🤣. Noticed your right wee go made you have to leave early, or maybe your tea was out? 

Dario showed everyone he had ability for that 1/2 a season, but his performance level has been poor otherwise (and at his other clubs). I don't think random fans telling him to try harder makes will make him any worse somehow 😄.

Looking forward to seeing the fanclub again in Cove next week 👍

2 hours ago, Varna Rover said:

i have heard we are in for 2 Scandinavians. but only a rumour mind you

I like it👍🏻 At last a rumour 😂😂  Soren Anderson’s kids are rocking up at the San Starko or the twins who played for Akranes ( Gunlaagson’s? ) maybe there kids. As long as one can defend that will do for me 

2 hours ago, Sweaty Morph said:

Huge element of 'damned if he does, damned if he doesn't' here in that case. He *could* refuse to answer anything transfer-related, to the annoyance of the 'silence is deafening' mob. For me Murray has done as best he can in his interviews to provide updates. I cartainly don't remember the same level of transparency from previous managers in interviews regarding where we are with signing targets, where the hold ups are, etc.

You can have a go at the lack of transfer activity all you like, I'm certainly happy with the explanations he's given so far. Could be a different story once the league has started right enough, but happy enough with what I've heard so far, as frustrating as it is.

I don’t think he can say anymore than he has tbh, never avoided the topic, he just needs to get the deals done now, we might get away with current team v cove but definitely not Dundee 

Edited by Been going too long

Is the Andrew McNeil that was on the bench for you today the boy who was at Airdrie (twice) under Murray? He was in our reserves in 19/20 and was then released at the end of the season and ended up at Berwick, only to rejoin us on loan halfway through 20/21 when our second choice keeper left and our third choice got a bad injury. I remember Murray saying he was a great keeper which made it even stranger that we released him and decided to find a new young jobber to sit in the stand instead. Fair play to him if he’s managed to get a move to Raith though. 

10 minutes ago, Craigus said:

Well Jacky boy, it was quite embarrassing how personally you took some criticism of a football player, you got very excited, good for you, a real hero🤣. Noticed your right wee go made you have to leave early, or maybe your tea was out? 

Dario showed everyone he had ability for that 1/2 a season, but his performance level has been poor otherwise (and at his other clubs). I don't think random fans telling him to try harder makes will make him any worse somehow 😄.

Looking forward to seeing the fanclub again in Cove next week 👍

Leave early as in go for a pish and stand at the top of the stand until the whistle, love it from you. Dario at that point had been playing a decent game, had put an effort in. Had just made a bursting run back to cover for our lb and held up their winger? But yet you still decided to call him a lazy c**t? 

as previous have said, Dario is a confidence player, giving him a boost as fans, especially when he’s showing a good bit of gut during the game is what he needs. Not Abuse from his own supporters, fair enough moaning and groaning for giving the ball away but screaming abuse when he’s a few metres away from you for doing the right thing is not on. 

think we might now know why our covid season was our best season for a while now. No “fans” hollering abuse at them.

11 minutes ago, Mr November said:

Is the Andrew McNeil that was on the bench for you today the boy who was at Airdrie (twice) under Murray? 

Apparently so, much to the relief of all Rovers fans.

Some of us were worried we'd re-signed the guy who shat the bed at East End and elsewhere in 2010/11.

18 minutes ago, Mr November said:

Is the Andrew McNeil that was on the bench for you today the boy who was at Airdrie (twice) under Murray? He was in our reserves in 19/20 and was then released at the end of the season and ended up at Berwick, only to rejoin us on loan halfway through 20/21 when our second choice keeper left and our third choice got a bad injury. I remember Murray saying he was a great keeper which made it even stranger that we released him and decided to find a new young jobber to sit in the stand instead. Fair play to him if he’s managed to get a move to Raith though. 

5 minutes ago, Specky Ginger said:

Apparently so, much to the relief of all Rovers fans.

Some of us were worried we'd re-signed the guy who shat the bed at East End and elsewhere in 2010/11.

Actually, who the feck knows, because we haven't announced a signing...he's just shown up on the bench for a few matches.