The New Raith Rovers Thread

16 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

A wee bit of transfer talk but it's much the same as before. Can only imagine it's frustrating from Murray's perspective too. 

Tbf to him it sounds like he has identified the players he wants from certain clubs but not had the go ahead from parent club, if one signs this week I will be happy 

7 minutes ago, RRFC_Liam said:

Murray has done his post match interview and he said that the signings that were supposed to happen there was external factors out of his and the clubs control….. so maybe we can cut the guy some slack but he did say that he hopes 1 or 2 is in within the next 48-72hrs 

I will believe it when I see it. 

2 minutes ago, Been going too long said:

Tbf to him it sounds like he has identified the players he wants from certain clubs but not had the go ahead from parent club, if one signs this week I will be happy 

Nah anything less than two isn't good enough. 

If we go up to Cove with either Brown starting at centre back or Gullan as our only forward we are screwed. 

2 hours ago, baillieinleeds said:

The silence from the club is deafening. But we all know the real deal. We’re funding a rapist. Nae cash, Nae players n shit

tEh sILeNcE iS DeAfENiNg!!1

What exactly is it you expect Ian Murray/the board to update the fans with, outwith what IM said at the end of today's interview? Genuine question.

2 hours ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

We have a press? 

Why not...couple of years ago JMcG tried a French press with Nando...

Glad I ignored this match, not glad why I did, but it makes me feel I didn't miss much.

Just now, Sweaty Morph said:

tEh sILeNcE iS DeAfENiNg!!1

What exactly is it you expect Ian Murray/the board to update the fans with, outwith what IM said at the end of today's interview? Genuine question.

I think Murray would be well served to say nothing until he's actually got some positive news. 

Been up to Aberdeen with much better Raith teams and been given a worse hiding.
I’d leave any judging of Murray till after the 1st 1/4 of the league season.

Agreed. We can all see (including Murray) where signings are needed, but unfortunately these things take time. He seems to be after specific targets rather than just signing the first name offered to him as well which is encouraging. The cups, while providing potential extra income are not the priority. I'll judge him on his first quarter rather than these games.

11 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Nah anything less than two isn't good enough. 

If we go up to Cove with either Brown starting at centre back or Gullan as our only forward we are screwed. 

I agree but we are struggling to get the bodies in, if I had to choose I would choose a cb as that defence worried me even against Dumbarton but I do want a striker as well definitely 

1 hour ago, Been going too long said:

I think 1 will be permanent and maybe 2 loans if I’m honest 

48 minutes ago, grumswall said:
55 minutes ago, Beastie Russell said:
Been up to Aberdeen with much better Raith teams and been given a worse hiding.
I’d leave any judging of Murray till after the 1st 1/4 of the league season.

Agreed. We can all see (including Murray) where signings are needed, but unfortunately these things take time. He seems to be after specific targets rather than just signing the first name offered to him as well which is encouraging. The cups, while providing potential extra income are not the priority. I'll judge him on his first quarter rather than these games.

Better than McGlynn coming out every window saying he can fill a stand with footballers but he needs the right ones then signs the likes of Mendy, BRS, Adam king and more 

Defender is the priority 2 if I was being brutally honest. I thinknwe can get by up front fir the time being. 

As for today stanton should be sent off for that all day long. 

The second was a stunner. 

The third is just a disaster

Better than McGlynn coming out every window saying he can fill a stand with footballers but he needs the right ones then signs the likes of Mendy, BRS, Adam king and more 
He certainly tried to fill a stand with injured players.

9 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

I think Murray would be well served to say nothing until he's actually got some positive news. 

Huge element of 'damned if he does, damned if he doesn't' here in that case. He *could* refuse to answer anything transfer-related, to the annoyance of the 'silence is deafening' mob. For me Murray has done as best he can in his interviews to provide updates. I cartainly don't remember the same level of transparency from previous managers in interviews regarding where we are with signing targets, where the hold ups are, etc.

You can have a go at the lack of transfer activity all you like, I'm certainly happy with the explanations he's given so far. Could be a different story once the league has started right enough, but happy enough with what I've heard so far, as frustrating as it is.