The New Raith Rovers Thread

30 minutes ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

Beginning to think you’d hate to see us being successful in the top flight, as you’d have nothing to moan about tbh.

How can anyone who’s seen Millen play in 3 competitive games recently in a defence who have conceded a grand total of 1 goal(in which he played no part in whatsoever) in over 270 minutes of competitive football and already have the opinion that he’s ‘hopeless’?

It’s absolutely mind boggling.

This might just be me but I think Millen would be a good CH I personally don’t think he’s got the qualities of playing as a high full back getting up and down the pitch as he’s not got pace and quite slow getting back but that’s just my opinion 

42 minutes ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

Without losing a single game as well emoji849.png

However, people will still continue to wet the bed over the fact that we don’t have every single player through the door with over 5 weeks of the window to go.

The window may be open for 5 weeks, but the league starts on Saturday. I have to admit I’m concerned although thankfully my mattress isn’t wet. 

Like I said, no confirmation therefore no bluff to be called [emoji16] it's immaterial either way as the money to pay him or pay him off comes from club funds so it does us no benefit either way from a budget point of view.

As for the announcement etc, why would you? Raise another PR circus around the club with stories and people coming out asked for their opinions etc, the bad outweighs the good. 
Because as, I state there are still people that refuse to attend until he is gone.

43 minutes ago, Brashy's Boots said:

Pull the offer for Spencer? The one he's accepted? Terminate his contract?

Someone is all over the place, for sure.

Someone said we signed Easton and Brown before Spencer signed his deal. I then said in that case we shouldn't have renewed Spencer's contract because we had enough options in midfield. It's not difficult to understand. Unless you are Ian Murray that is. 

1 hour ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

In that case, pull the offer for Spencer and put the money towards a centre half. His recruitment strategy is all over the place. 

Way too over-simplified. 
Do you really think he had a centre-half of the required standard lined-up ready to sign but he decided to use the funds on the midfielders instead?

The problem appears to be a lack of available players at the required standard more than a lack of funds. 

5 minutes ago, stevoraith said:

Way too over-simplified. 
Do you really think he had a centre-half of the required standard lined-up ready to sign but he decided to use the funds on the midfielders instead?

The problem appears to be a lack of available players at the required standard more than a lack of funds. 

So why let bene and Frankie go without anything in the pipeline?

4 minutes ago, stevoraith said:

Way too over-simplified. 

Probably not but that doesn't mean he couldn't have held the funds back for when one became available. If, as seems likely, we are now being outbid for our targets in defence and up front, then that's on Murray for wasting what funds we do have on at least one midfielder we didn't need. 

3 minutes ago, Been going too long said:

Bene was off whatever was offered to him, the Pars offered him 'lifechanging' money.

There is a lot being presumed on this thread that the manager alone will know the facts.

The real problem is the absolute dearth of any decent centre halves at our level. The ones who have moved downwards (Benedictus, Donaldson) were renowned for mistakes. We might have kept Musonda, but the reasons for not keeping him seem to be apparent. If I had one gripe it's that we're letting Musonda go, and at least part of the reason appears to be over digs, but we're looking at players both from England and down south who will surely need the same. 

40 minutes ago, Been going too long said:

And McKay for that matter.

in an ideal world we would punt all 3 and bring in better, but where exactly do we get better?  FWIW I’d have made more of an effort and kept Frankie and probably McKay too. Tumilty was always going so finding a decent replacement was always going to be hard, jury is out on Millen and we can but hope he comes good.

Midfield is a clusterfuck! Matthews didn’t get his op when he should have due to the club being a shambles without a manager. Easton might have been poty in L1 and Brown might be Peterhead’s poty but are they better than what we already have? I’m not convinced. 

It’s still early days and it will take a while for players to gel to Murray’s ideas, add a good signing or 3 things might not look so bad. Once the injured guys come back we could be looking good, I just hope we aren’t cast too far adrift.

Edited by Scottydog

1 hour ago, Broken Algorithms said:

If we don't sign Brown, we've got one centre half at the moment. 

If we don't sign Easton, we're severely limited in our creative side and we're scoring less against Peterhead. 

Fair comments both.
But if your short of centre backs because you let 3 go why not just sign a dedicated centre half?

Also I’m not convinced yet with Easton, he looks like a player who can add the Gloss when you’re fying but can’t help dig you out of a hole when you’re under the cosh. To my mind We already have one of those, his name is Zanatta.

22 minutes ago, Scottydog said:

And McKay for that matter.

in an ideal world we would punt all 3 and bring in better, but where exactly do we get better?  FWIW I’d have made more of an effort and kept Frankie and probably McKay too. Tumilty was always owing so finding a decent replacement was always going to be hard, jury is out on Millen and we can but hope he comes good.

Midfield is a clusterfuck! Matt didn’t get his op due to the club being a shambles without a manager. Easton might have been poty in L1 and Brown might be Peterhead’s poty but are they better than what we have? I’m not convinced. 

It’s still early days and it will take a while for players to gel to Murray’s ideas, add a good signing or 3 things might not look so bad. Once the injured guys come back we could be looking good, I just hope we aren’t cast too far adrift.

McKay needed regular play to have a decent chance to develop a career, but that wasn’t going to happen here. Musonda was in a similar situation, with Berra and Lang the clear first team.

Murray is a great appointment for us and as far as I can tell he knows his onions. He isn't bringing in players for the sake of it; he obviously doesn't want to end up with the likes of a Fernandy,  a Riley-Snow or an Adam King,  but some on here are clearly desperate enough to think that chancing anyone is better than signing no one.