The New Raith Rovers Thread

6 minutes ago, Jilted John said:

Agreed… and even if it was, so what? If the club is trying to build bridges and get people back onside then great!

Aye I'm all for that. I can't remember if someone said that the cottage sponsorship wasn't on the back of the top they got today though? That seems a bit strange unless it's just this batch and the deal was done too late for them to be featured on this lot. 

7 minutes ago, RRFC_Liam said:

Looks like we’re not bringing anyone in before the Aberdeen game and if that’s the case I can see us getting a skelping but he has to get people in next week before the cove game because we can’t really go into the first game with the squad like this atm 

He has to, no excuses, the squad as it currently is is relegation material 

1 hour ago, grumswall said:

Aye I'm all for that. I can't remember if someone said that the cottage sponsorship wasn't on the back of the top they got today though? That seems a bit strange unless it's just this batch and the deal was done too late for them to be featured on this lot. 

I believe Andys Man Club and Family Cottege Centre are only on the back of the first team playing tops. 

43 minutes ago, Raithie said:

I believe Andys Man Club and Family Cottege Centre are only on the back of the first team playing tops. 

My mistake then. I thought the cottage centre was supposed to be on the back of the away strip. 

2 hours ago, baillieinleeds said:

Rovers just go through these daft phases. It’s not the first Pink Top we’ve had. It’s not Virtue Signalling either. If it was the sponsors would all be Rape Crises and Feminist causes. 

2 hours ago, Jilted John said:

Agreed… and even if it was, so what? If the club is trying to build bridges and get people back onside then great!

And the top was likely well into design and color in January anyway…

2 hours ago, RRFC_Liam said:

Looks like we’re not bringing anyone in before the Aberdeen game and if that’s the case I can see us getting a skelping but he has to get people in next week before the cove game because we can’t really go into the first game with the squad like this atm 

Not the first time Murray has spoken about expecting new signings in which haven't materialised. 

I think we all know that we are short of about 4 signings and no doubt they will come either as permanent deals or loans and perhaps the deals can't be announced because we are waiting on international clearance. The concern is we are 7 days away from our first league game and we are still scratching around with kids who are likely to go out on loan and players playing out of position.

2 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

I think we all know that we are short of about 4 signings and no doubt they will come either as permanent deals or loans and perhaps the deals can't be announced because we are waiting on international clearance. The concern is we are 7 days away from our first league game and we are still scratching around with kids who are likely to go out on loan and players playing out of position.

And one lad in Mahady who will never get on,  it’s been a shambles 

5 minutes ago, Been going too long said:

And one lad in Mahady who will never get on,  it’s been a shambles 

I'm not sure Mahady is ever going to be Championship standard. His all round game needs improving from strength to speed and ability.

30 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

It is, but not the replica tops. 

Any idea why? Seems a strange situation. 

Just querying it because £1 of every kit sold goes to them apparently. 

Edited by grumswall

6 hours ago, Roath Raver said:

Some of the back sponsors for home and away (Andy’s Man Club and Cottage Centre) are only on the match kits worn by the players, I think. Think it’s just the Carrs on the back of the home top that is in the retail one.

9 minutes ago, grumswall said:

Any idea why? Seems a strange situation. 

Just querying it because £1 of every kit sold goes to them apparently. 

No idea, but it's the same for the home kit, as per the post above. 

You'd think the extra exposure from replica kits would be something they'd want, but there must be a good reason for it. 

3 hours ago, raith1974 said:

I'm not sure Mahady is ever going to be Championship standard. His all round game needs improving from strength to speed and ability.

3 hours ago, Been going too long said:

I agree bud so just cut our losses, it’s wasting the lads time when he could be getting on with his career and life .

Concur, release Mahady and Bow so they can get a role in the LL or HL, if capable. Coulson has shown enough to be worth keeping, and Mitchell and Young look like future first teamers…Arnott would already be playing if not for the surfeit of midfielders.

Really hope IM does come through with at least one CB and a striker over next couple of days.

As someone posted above this is the second time he’s said there’s players coming in and it’s not materialised. Probably outwith his direct control but regardless, saying something and it then not happening just irks the fans.

I like the way Murray comes across and can see from watching the last 4 games how he wants to play but potentially going into the first league game of the season with players out of position would be utterly diabolical for a top half championship side.

Tell you what…I’d be less worried if Bene and Musonda were still around and throw Matej in too although he’s nothing to do with the gaffer. I’d wager we’ll rue Musonda going, never got a run of games but did show flashes of real quality..would anyone wager a potential replacement will be better!?!

9 hours ago, RAITHROVERS84 said:

Really hope IM does come through with at least one CB and a striker over next couple of days.

As someone posted above this is the second time he’s said there’s players coming in and it’s not materialised. Probably outwith his direct control but regardless, saying something and it then not happening just irks the fans.

I like the way Murray comes across and can see from watching the last 4 games how he wants to play but potentially going into the first league game of the season with players out of position would be utterly diabolical for a top half championship side.

Tell you what…I’d be less worried if Bene and Musonda were still around and throw Matej in too although he’s nothing to do with the gaffer. I’d wager we’ll rue Musonda going, never got a run of games but did show flashes of real quality..would anyone wager a potential replacement will be better!?!

It looks a tough market, so I wouldn’t bet on the replacements being improvements. You can but hope.

You have to suspect we may be looking at getting young loanees in and hoping they are up to scratch. 

Where are other Championship teams looking for players? Is it just in Scotland, or lower league England, Ireland, Wales, Abroad?