The New Raith Rovers Thread

That kit is really not nice in my opinion 

On transfers we are currently still after 2 strikers and a creative player but I hear they are like hens teeth and there isn’t many options this year. Talk of Innes Cameron maybe coming to Gayf which kind of shows you the level of guys available for loan this season. You look through first team squads of premiership clubs and there’s a real lack of guys that would be any use in this league or guys that clubs would actually want to put out on loan

2 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

On transfers we are currently still after 2 strikers and a creative player but I hear they are like hens teeth and there isn’t many options this year. Talk of Innes Cameron maybe coming to Gayf which kind of shows you the level of guys available for loan this season. You look through first team squads of premiership clubs and there’s a real lack of guys that would be any use in this league or guys that clubs would actually want to put out on loan

True but makes our decision to get rid of two capable centre backs even more stupid with every passing day. 

Not a fan of the away top a few signings today may help, not convinced it will happen though. If we go with our current squad to Aberdeen they will put a few past us, great confidence booster for the opening league game.

1 hour ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Innes Cameron’s shite imo, our priority is CH atm with Murray saying were looking down south and the Scandinavia markets and I think we’ll get a striker in on loan but god knows where from, from what you’ve been saying 

Edited by RRFC_Liam

As Pink tops go, it's decent enough, certainly better than the one we had when Brian Graham played for us, but I agree that a white top with blue pinstripes would have looked the part. Or even a reverse of the home, with red top and blue pinstripes like the classic Scotland away kit.

image.jpeg.3b95ff539046adcdeccd6c9568ee1076.jpeg

7 minutes ago, Jack Rae2 said:

Have picked up away top already, gotten home and opened it to see no sponsor on the back. I’m sure they announced it had one?

Some of the back sponsors for home and away (Andy’s Man Club and Cottage Centre) are only on the match kits worn by the players, I think. Think it’s just the Carrs on the back of the home top that is in the retail one.

Edited by Roath Raver

3 hours ago, CountryBumpkin said:

Can't wait for the twitter clowns to claim that its a "feminist" shirt etc. 

Quite like it to be fair, the detail in the material with the club badge is nice. 

Honestly, if you’re gonna do pink after our six months, a free banner for one of the assault support groups would look in place and send a message. It would be mocked, but noticed.

3 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Honestly, if you’re gonna do pink after our six months, a free banner for one of the assault support groups would look in place and send a message. It would be mocked, but noticed.

That would make sense then, I’m a very big fan of it. Bit of a meh kit which I understand but the details on it very nice. 

2627B048-CEA7-4120-BF37-EDCBF2A741F9.jpeg

5 hours ago, keyser_soze said:

away2022_23_web_collection1-614x480.jpg

Virtue signalling making it pink, after the clubs complete and utter shambles of a signing in January.  Still better than the hideous candy stripe of last season. 
I like the design, with the badge running though it.  However, our away kit should be WHITE!
If this was white it would have looked good.
Keep it.

37 minutes ago, Heid_The_Baw said:

Virtue signalling making it pink, after the clubs complete and utter shambles of a signing in January.  Still better than the hideous candy stripe of last season. 
I like the design, with the badge running though it.  However, our away kit should be WHITE!
Keep it.

Yeah, but its not though, is it. 

48 minutes ago, Heid_The_Baw said:

Keep it.

Rovers just go through these daft phases. It’s not the first Pink Top we’ve had. It’s not Virtue Signalling either. If it was the sponsors would all be Rape Crises and Feminist causes. 

50 minutes ago, baillieinleeds said:

Rovers just go through these daft phases. It’s not the first Pink Top we’ve had. It’s not Virtue Signalling either. If it was the sponsors would all be Rape Crises and Feminist causes. 

Agreed… and even if it was, so what? If the club is trying to build bridges and get people back onside then great!

Looks like we’re not bringing anyone in before the Aberdeen game and if that’s the case I can see us getting a skelping but he has to get people in next week before the cove game because we can’t really go into the first game with the squad like this atm