The New Raith Rovers Thread

In years gone by McGlynn was starting to deal in players earlier and earlier (Keatings, Tumilty, Lang and Zanatta) but that was never going to be an option for us this season. Strangely though no other teams got any early deals done either. 

It's been a strange close season. 

5 hours ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

If we utilise our midfielders well we might be able to keep the ball long enough to stop the opposition scoring, even if we don't have any forwards likely to score ourselves. Will 36 draws be enough to keep us up? I expect Tx will be along soon with all the stats... 

Last I checked, 39-40 points generally gets 8th…so, probably not.

P.S. Posting may be erratic for a bit, but I’ll try to take all the bait!

Edited by TxRover

7 hours ago, steakngravy said:

Other teams managers appear to have the money to sign players , does ours?

If he didn't he wouldn't have been talking about signing 2/3 players. It's likely a shortage of of what he's looking for, than lack of budget.

I’m not concerned over whether the signings will come in, Murray is quite clear the reinforcements are coming in. It would be preferable if they were here for Sunday, I think he will get a resounding defeat without them, but the most important thing is they are here for the Cove game.

My concern is over the quality. The next 3 signings (assuming they are defenders and strikers) will shape our season. If we get them right, the rest of the squad is in place to challenge for 4th and we can all relax a bit. If they are duds, the worry we have seen in here will build and the conversation will move from the lack of numbers to the lack of quality. We will find out soon if Murray’s patience in waiting for the right players and his gamble in moving on Musonda and Bene has paid off and I am actually more nervous about seeing who the signings are rather whether we will see any signings.

Reading between the lines, it seems like at least one if not more of the signings will be from down south which is fine, we may get lucky with some real quality but it is also more of a gamble. I’d hope at least one of the key signings would be a known quantity but obviously the issue is what players of quality in Scotland are available within our budget and in the positions we need? I’m confident we can pick up a decent centre back or two but everyone in the country seems to be looking for a striker.

Some laugh when the only signing announced today is Andrew McNeill as 3rd choice keeper…

Edited by R.R.FC

16 minutes ago, R.R.FC said:

I’m not concerned over whether the signings will come in, Murray is quite clear the reinforcements are coming in. It would be preferable if they were here for Sunday, I think he will get a resounding defeat without them, but the most important thing is they are here for the Cove game.

My concern is over the quality. The next 3 signings (assuming they are defenders and strikers) will shape our season. If we get them right, the rest of the squad is in place to challenge for 4th. If they are duds, I think we’ll be looking down the way. We will find out soon if Murray’s patience in waiting for the right players and his gamble in moving on Musonda and Bene has paid off and I am actually more nervous about seeing who the signings are rather whether we will see any signings.

Reading between the lines, it seems like at least one if not more of the signings will be from down south which is fine, we may get lucky with some real quality but it is also more of a gamble. I’d hope at least one of the key signings would be a known quantity but obviously the issue is what players of quality in Scotland are available within our budget and in the positions we need? I’m confident we can pick up a decent centre back or two but everyone in the country seems to be looking for a striker.

Some laugh when the only signing announced today is Andrew McNeill as 3rd choice keeper…

Your right if we sign 3 x 19/20 year olds from say Arsenal, are they really ready to play first team football and help us challenge? I would suggest no, they will be talented no doubt but are they really ready mentally?  Let’s hope there is at least one new body today modelling our “ subtle” new away kit 🤞🏻

Actually think the top looks quite good. Nice effect with the badge on the material. 

Shorts and socks combo just make it look a little plain though for me. Maybe a pinstripe of pink on the shorts or a wee navy hoop on the socks. 

probably will still get the top.