The New Raith Rovers Thread

7 minutes ago, RRFC_Liam said:

I’ve seen a lot of people on Facebook and Twitter ever since the away kit tease mentioning Matej Poplatnik but just can’t see him coming back tbh I think he might go somewhere else in Europe 

Please Matej, come back. 

31 minutes ago, Been going too long said:

Hope not or we will get a doing 

If I was calling results as the squad stands, we’ll lose to Cove, lose to Dundee, then be under pressure by the third game to beat Morton at home.

I’m assuming that we’re banking on getting some loan players in up front and in defence, but I’m assuming we won’t be the only lower league team taking this approach.

However, I’m really hoping Murray isn’t a dud, so hopefully he can sort things out.

Manager said 2/3 players and no reason to think they won't come in before Cove. Ideally before Sunday but looks unlikely. I'm happier getting the right guys rather than panic signings.

We will hear in time if and why there has been delay though I can see the view of posters who are intent on seeing this as drama in the making.

Longer it goes the more expectations that the signings might have some profile. Might even be loans with English teams setting the time frames, that's what the Chairman suggested.

Still gives folk time to run out that hilarious and original patter on Twitter

"New strip" Sign SumdY

"Season tickets sales" Sign SumdY

"Walking football" Sign SumdY

The only thing I would say, is there is only so long you can kick the can down the road before you lose a bit of credibility.  If we've went from hopefully 2 or 3 before the end of the week to nobody at all then that would be a bit concerning.  I'm absolutely all for giving the manager time, but each passing day does make me a wee bit more nervous.  When leaving Starks Park on Saturday my relative calm was on the assumption that there would  be even a peep of transfer activity within the week.....

My niggling fear that is creeping in as each day goes on is if some of the signings announced by other clubs in recent days were one of the "2 or 3" and we are just struggling to get deals over the line...

Edited by CALDERON

Even if 2 or 3 players come in, what are we thinking the hit to dud ratio will be? Even if they are all good, will they all hit the ground running?

It’s 9 days until the Cove game and our squad is mainly midfielders. It’s definitely a worry.

Either way, I’ll be there…once my season ticket arrives. Can’t wait.

Edited by Scary Bear

1 minute ago, Scary Bear said:

Even if 2 or 3 players come in, what are we thinking the hit to dud ratio will be? Even if they are all good, will they all hit the ground running?

It’s 9 days until the Cove game and our squad is mainly midfielders. It’s definitely a worry.

If we utilise our midfielders well we might be able to keep the ball long enough to stop the opposition scoring, even if we don't have any forwards likely to score ourselves. Will 36 draws be enough to keep us up? I expect Tx will be along soon with all the stats... 

It's the lack of ambition from the board. They want season ticket sales but have us playing a midfielder at CH and Zanatta up front with a bench of kids. We need signings and need them now. Hopefully Murray has something up his sleeve but I feel we might not see much.
The board have sold fans down the river. The former chairman stating we were in a better financial position than previously with new sponsorship. Talking garbage just to get tickets sold. Don't trust the guy one bit. The talk of work needing to be done to the ground in which I'm sure was said years ago would be out of his own money and not effect the clubs balance book. Smoke and mirrors. 

1 hour ago, Scary Bear said:

If I was calling results as the squad stands, we’ll lose to Cove, lose to Dundee, then be under pressure by the third game to beat Morton at home.

I’m assuming that we’re banking on getting some loan players in up front and in defence, but I’m assuming we won’t be the only lower league team taking this approach.

However, I’m really hoping Murray isn’t a dud, so hopefully he can sort things out.

That’s my concern we are one of many clubs looking for loans and tbh I don’t like a lot of loan players, they don’t care about the club, if we lose it isn’t there job on the line, I much prefer signing players ft so they are committed to us and the fortunes of the club