The New Raith Rovers Thread

15 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

a shit bag.

To be clear, and this will be shit bag on multiple levels.

To buy a football player with monies due to Raith Rovers for said club and not to pay Raith Rovers is shit bag.

For the player whom was purchased by such shit bag, to terrorise an ex partner by climbing a drainpipe to further terrorise said partner is shit bag.

To conclude, how is our player shit bag?

Ian Murray, what a guy. No excuses, no bullshit, just an honest assessment on the good & the bad from us today. I thought Stirling were fairly dirty today TBH and he kinda touched on that but he didn't try to hide behind it, says we are too nice and need to be more aggressive, can't disagree. The more I hear from our new gaffer the more I take to him, too many managers I have heard in the past (just in general, not talking about Rovers specifically here) just chat the biggest load of pish and blame anyone but themselves or their own players. Really refreshing to get away from that.

Been a while tazz. If we get much worse we might end up at East Fife level of completely fucked.

It's a glorified pre season game. Nice weather and a few beers will have people overreacting. I'll start to worry if we're struggling after the first few games of the league campaign. Until then, it's a new management team, with a few signings to be made yet.
The issue is the qualifying from the group and the cup draw last seasons would have paid for that guys what we don't mentions wages and fucking singing on fee last year. . So it's not just a glorified pre season friendly. .

It is very easy to deflect blame against form for performance in the game, however, Lloyd Wilson is the worst referee I have seen in a long while.

His arrogant whistle stop/start approach to the game screamed that he was the game.

He is fucking lucky that we didn't have a main stand camera or else Currie would have been guilty after the event for handling outside the box.

Also, if he had utilised information from his assistants  this would have gone some way to have eliminated Young's clogging tactics to frustrate the game. That said, Murray should be a better manager and overcome clog over class.

Wednesday night didn't make us an amazing team,  and yesterday didn't make us awful.  Still a work in progress, although it's looking like we won't get out the group which is extremely dissapointing.

Encouraged to hear Murrays interview however.  At least he sees exactly what went wrong and what we need.  Different matter doing something about it of course, but it's nice to hear that kind of assessment of the game.

8 hours ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

To be clear, and this will be shit bag on multiple levels.

To buy a football player with monies due to Raith Rovers for said club and not to pay Raith Rovers is shit bag.

For the player whom was purchased by such shit bag, to terrorise an ex partner by climbing a drainpipe to further terrorise said partner is shit bag.

To conclude, how is our player shit bag?

I meant he's a shite bag, backs out of tackles, doesn't compete for headers, won't put his body on the line. Other players are far more committed and just get stuck in. For someone who is 6ft he does not win his share of headers. As I said look at Connolly covers every blade of grass, puts his foot on and will at least try and win headers. 

31 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

I meant he's a shite bag, backs out of tackles, doesn't compete for headers, won't put his body on the line. Other players are far more committed and just get stuck in. For someone who is 6ft he does not win his share of headers. As I said look at Connolly covers every blade of grass, puts his foot on and will at least try and win headers. 

Connolly was my player of the year. He did what no other Rovers player was willing to do in the second half of the season. A fully committed player. 

12 hours ago, Scary Bear said:

Not much love for Zanatta on here, but I’m still hopeful the big guy can find his form again. A really useful player for us on his game and capable of scoring some lovely goals.

The problem with Zanatta is he doesn’t have Hearts as his parent club anymore. As a loan player he bust a gut to get into the first team. Now he’s just a player at middling clubs such as ourselves. So he just doesn’t even try now. 

11 hours ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

Normally its the second half of the season you decide to come out and slate the team.

Decided to start early this season?

It’s a bit of a worry. Defence is a bomb scare. A game we could’ve won, but didn’t. That was a struggle against a part time League 2 side. Zanatta shouldn’t be anywhere near that team, his attitude is rotten. 

Not panicking as such, but we have to face facts that we aren’t as strong as we think we are. We left defenders leave without replacements. Rovers fans happy to have Liam Dick back as a left back. Scary times ahead. 

Edited by baillieinleeds

I think Zanatta probably trains really well, has great fitness and puts in the time. Now McGlynn loves that and it bought him a lot of starts even when his form was hopeless. 

Murray is a different character all together and I think Dario is in a bit of trouble if he doesn't start performing regardless of what position he's played in. This will be magnified by things like Mitchell's performance on Wednesday where he caused problems all.night.  

41 minutes ago, baillieinleeds said:

The problem with Zanatta is he doesn’t have Hearts as his parent club anymore. As a loan player he bust a gut to get into the first team. Now he’s just a player at middling clubs such as ourselves. So he just doesn’t even try now. 

How do you explain the first half of last season? Was he just trying to get his YouTube reel updated with some storming goals?

2 minutes ago, baillieinleeds said:

It’s a bit of a worry. Defence is a bomb scare. A game we could’ve won, but didn’t. That was a struggle against a part time League 2 side. Zanatta shouldn’t be anywhere near that team, his attitude is rotten. 

That defence is a liability - 2 hopeless full backs, a makeshift centre half and another centre half who's looking well past his best.

Urgently needing some bodies through the door.

7 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

How do you explain the first half of last season? Was he just trying to get his YouTube reel updated with some storming goals?

So his goals at the start of the season are enough to keep him in the side, even if he has off days, which are quite often. He was non existent in the second half of the season. I stand by my comments 

Edited by baillieinleeds

The manager has recognised we need defenders and strikers and is working to bring players in, it isn't as though yesterday's squad is the one he wants to run with.

There is zero need to panic.

11 minutes ago, baillieinleeds said:

So his goals at the start of the season are enough to keep him in the side, even if he has off days, which are quite often. He was non existent in the second half of the season. I stand by my comments 

Think the biggest issues are in defence and attack. Those are the glaringly obvious ones. If they get sorted then hopefully we’ll be fine. If not, I’ll look out my bucket and spade and wait for McGlynn to reappear.

4 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

The manager has recognised we need defenders and strikers and is working to bring players in, it isn't as though yesterday's squad is the one he wants to run with.

There is zero need to panic.

Bloody hope not. Scott Brown isn’t a defender.