The New Raith Rovers Thread

If we're awarded what looked like a stonewall penalty five minutes before half-time, or if their goal is disallowed for what looked like a foul in the build up, or if they go down to ten men earlier for the shocking tackle on Ethan Ross in front of the railway stand, then we're looking at a completely different outcome today.

However, if Murray is, rightly, to be given plaudits for Wednesday night, he has to take responsibility for today, upsetting the shape and formation of the team to accommodate Zanatta, who has shown little to justify inclusion, at the expense of Mitchell, who had done nothing to deserve to be dropped.

Edited by Specky Ginger

15 minutes ago, Specky Ginger said:

If we're awarded what looked like a stonewall penalty five minutes before half-time, or if they're goal is disallowed for what looked like a foul in the build up, or if they go down to ten men earlier for the shocking tackle on Ethan Ross in front of the railway stand, then we're looking at a completely different outcome today.

However, if Murray is, rightly, to be given plaudits for Wednesday night, he has to take responsibility for today, upsetting the shape and formation of the team to accommodate Zanatta, who has shown little to justify inclusion, at the expense of Mitchell, who had done nothing to deserve to be dropped.

If he doesn’t do it this season, then I could see him going to league 1 or possibly part time as what clubs are going to keep giving him chances at full time level and do absolutely nothing? Fans of previous clubs and ourselves can’t wait to see the back of him he’s had 6 different clubs and what’s he done for any of them? Only at 25 this might be last chance saloon at FT football in Scotland unless he goes else where (Zanatta point of your statement) 

Always an excuse? bad ref, terrible playing surface, unlucky  with injuries? Just admit defeat by a better team? Billy big boys after the Peterhead game (who are shite by the way) 🙄 brought back down to earth. Who's to blame for the missed penalties? I'm looking forward to the delusion of premier league football 🤣 

3 minutes ago, tazz1903 said:

Always an excuse? bad ref, terrible playing surface, unlucky  with injuries? Just admit defeat by a better team? Billy big boys after the Peterhead game (who are shite by the way) 🙄 brought back down to earth. Who's to blame for the missed penalties? I'm looking forward to the delusion of premier league football 🤣 

Just a tad worrying when you've just been turned over in a cup tie by a manager whose last involvement in a cup competition was seeing his team get emptied by an Aberdeen junior club.

The Aberdeen game is just a glorified friendly now. The Cove match is now the key date for us. 

Providing we don’t slip up against Dumbarton then if we beat Aberdeen, we’ll win the group.

So please, at least leave the negativity to the side until we’re a bit longer than a week into the season.

3 minutes ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

Providing we don’t slip up against Dumbarton then if we beat Aberdeen, we’ll win the group.

So please, at least leave the negativity to the side until we’re a bit longer than a week into the season.

Beat Aberdeen? :lol:

Always an excuse? bad ref, terrible playing surface, unlucky  with injuries? Just admit defeat by a better team? Billy big boys after the Peterhead game (who are shite by the way) [emoji849] brought back down to earth. Who's to blame for the missed penalties? I'm looking forward to the delusion of premier league football [emoji1787] 

Been a while tazz. If we get much worse we might end up at East Fife level of completely fucked.

It's a glorified pre season game. Nice weather and a few beers will have people overreacting. I'll start to worry if we're struggling after the first few games of the league campaign. Until then, it's a new management team, with a few signings to be made yet.

11 minutes ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

7 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Beat Aberdeen? :lol:

You beat me to it 👏 deluded 🤭

2 minutes ago, grumswall said:

Been a while tazz. If we get much worse we might end up at East Fife level of completely fucked.

It's a glorified pre season game. Nice weather and a few beers will have people overreacting. I'll start to worry if we're struggling after the first few games of the league campaign. Until then, it's a new management team, with a few signings to be made yet.

Aye mate, been a while . hope you are fine? just back to enjoy the fantasy  you guys have 😄 actually winning promotion? The Fife are in freefall to the lowland league, I'm sure 😢 but hey ho , we might improve with Craw? 🙄

8 minutes ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

We did exactly that last season.

Some rovers fans are a weird breed. We drew our second game of the season after hammering a team in our first game and some fans have us virtually relegated already :lol:

You realise this is away this time? And we are playing a league 1 midfielder at centre back? 

We'll finish 3rd in the group, at best. 

Aye mate, been a while . hope you are fine? just back to enjoy the fantasy  you guys have [emoji1] actually winning promotion? The Fife are in freefall to the lowland league, I'm sure [emoji22] but hey ho , we might improve with Craw? [emoji849]
Aye I'm doing fine thanks. Hope you are also. If the aim isn't promotion with the majority of a squad who finished 5th last season then what's the point?
If craw can get his signings right he's decent enough. Signings seem to be harder to do this summer for teams through this way though. I think the loans that are available in the next few weeks could be quite telling. 3 of the big clubs have their b teams in the ll so may want to keep them there. Time will tell.

12 minutes ago, grumswall said:

Aye I'm doing fine thanks. Hope you are also. If the aim isn't promotion with the majority of a squad who finished 5th last season then what's the point?
If craw can get his signings right he's decent enough. Signings seem to be harder to do this summer for teams through this way though. I think the loans that are available in the next few weeks could be quite telling. 3 of the big clubs have their b teams in the ll so may want to keep them there. Time will tell.

Not a fan of Crawford TBH, but we are not in any position to be picky, never a fan the first time he was at the Fife. Very interesting to see how Falkirk progress with Mcglynn? top of the section in this  cup with a win against a Prem club. 

Not a fan of Crawford TBH, but we are not in any position to be picky, never a fan the first time he was at the Fife. Very interesting to see how Falkirk progress with Mcglynn? top of the section in this  cup with a win against a Prem club. 
Probably should have kept young, who quite clearly loves a win or extra point against us. You guys should have enough to stay up but l2 is a tough league with everyone fighting to stay up. Being the scenes seems to be an issue as well?

I was a big mcglynn fan but it was the right time for him to move on after everything since January. He knows how to get out of l1, as long as its not a playoff game. Falkirk should be able to crack the top 4 this season in my honest opinion.

Zanatta clearly has ability but he has two faults, first he has no heart and 2nd he's a shit bag. If he had Connollys commitment and heart he would be a very good player. He needs to learn from his pal Connolly.