The New Raith Rovers Thread

9 hours ago, Daz80 said:

Agathe never actually scored a hattrick for us against airdrie, I'm sure one went down as an o.g. Was some Debut, especially as I think he only arrived at the club the day before I think. Carcary didn’t score at all on his debut, but did come off the bench and do a mazy run where he beat the whole team twice then made a mess of the finish. Or at least it was in my imagination.  Looked like an absolute world beater in that 20 min or so cameo. 

Yeah that's what I was thinking of. He looked so good in that game I remember thinking he had the potential to be a superstar.

Never came close to meeting those expectations but did at least had a career in the game.  I suspect Kai Kennedy will follow a similar path.

11 hours ago, Daz80 said:

Agathe never actually scored a hattrick for us against airdrie, I'm sure one went down as an o.g. Was some Debut, especially as I think he only arrived at the club the day before I think. Carcary didn’t score at all on his debut, but did come off the bench and do a mazy run where he beat the whole team twice then made a mess of the finish. Or at least it was in my imagination.  Looked like an absolute world beater in that 20 min or so cameo. 

Aye, he took the ball on near the touch line, accelerated and skinned 3 guys, took it beyond piggy Nelson but the last touch was too heavy and the chance to score disappeared.

Think his best moment for us was early the next season when him and Ryan Borris played out of their skins vs. Motherwell in the league Cup. He'd already scored a belter vs. Clyde in the round before back when they were a 2nd tier team.

Edited by renton

11 hours ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Not received mine yet either. Obviously saving the best till last. 

Maybe we've been selected for a special hand delivery by one of the modern apprentices or something... 

I won’t be happy unless it’s presented to me by Dario Z, whilst Ian Murray and Ethan Ross sing ‘Thank You For Being a Friend’.

11 hours ago, Raithie said:

Maybe your Mrs binned it as she knew she had trips to the shops planned for you and didn't think you'd need it 😜

She is keeping me busy, but she’s a lovely woman and wouldn’t stoop to such underhand tactics.

10 hours ago, Specky Ginger said:

Mine arrived yesterday.

It was in a multi coloured envelope with purple balloons on it.

I was sure at first that it was an invite to a kid's birthday party 😉

Was it hand-delivered by Dario Z? Did anyone sing to you?

10 minutes ago, Jack Rae2 said:

Any word on away kit? Have I missed something? Feels very delayed compared to last few years.

Sure I heard Stevie MacDonald during commentary against Alloa that hopefully this week coming it'll be out. 

Sure I heard Stevie MacDonald during commentary against Alloa that hopefully this week coming it'll be out. 

Cheers for that, did think with the next couple weeks after tomorrow being away might be needing it soon [emoji23], very surprised at how long it has taken them

3 minutes ago, Jack Rae2 said:

Cheers for that, did think with the next couple weeks after tomorrow being away might be needing it soon emoji23.png, very surprised at how long it has taken them

The old woman in the Philippines that makes them can only knock up 4 a day, have some sympathy.

11 hours ago, Brashy's Boots said:

Aidan Connolly struck mine from the corner of the 18yd box and it flew through my letterbox, landing perfectly on the mat.

Lucky you, Dan Armstrong was doing mine.  f**k knows where it ended up.

Edited by CALDERON

Question I hope someone might be able to answer. I’m currently sat in the 35 degrees heat by the pool with all inclusive Tuborg on tap, not to gloat.

Anyway, can I use raith tv ppv livestream for todays game from Turkey?

Tia

26 minutes ago, Jack Rae2 said:

Question I hope someone might be able to answer. I’m currently sat in the 35 degrees heat by the pool with all inclusive Tuborg on tap, not to gloat.

Tia

I would have thought so, as you can watch it PPV here too. 

Tia

Make sure you don’t get sunburnt you wee knob. [emoji1787][emoji106]