The New Raith Rovers Thread

MID – Dylan Easton (Raith Rovers)
Arguably the best player in League 1 last season, could Dylan Easton turn out to be the best in the Championship in 22/23? The midfielder’s competitive Rovers debut could not have gone any better, as they thrashed Peterhead 6-0 at ‘San Starko’. Easton notched three of the six goals on Wednesday night. The first being a stunning overhead kick which will live long in the memory. Two further cool finishes (one which may have deflected in off Peterhead defender Paul Dixon) rounded off a terrific evening for Rovers’ No 23. Easton is the TOTR Star Man!

14 minutes ago, Beachbum said:

Dylan Easton's goals with a view from behind the goals.

@Roath Raver can we have Connolly's goal from behind the goals please? His goal against East Fife from behind the goals was tremendous but having re-watched both last night's one looked even better.

6 hours ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Aye, f**k sending players out to Falkirk on loan. Based on last night we should be keeping Mitchell at least as an option off the bench. There's every chance he can kick on with a goal or two much like Bowie did back in the 19/20 season.

Just suggesting Airdrie or Falkirk as good loan situations for us, sorry it offends. Mitchell needs playing time, not bench time. Play him at SP, keep him…bench and appearances here and there, loan him.

9 minutes ago, Raithie said:

@Roath Raver can we have Connolly's goal from behind the goals please? His goal against East Fife from behind the goals was tremendous but having re-watched both last night's one looked even better.

It is in the replies to that tweet, along with the other goals.

We weren’t able to set up our other goal cams that usually appear in the highlights last night because we were a bit short on numbers due to illness, will probably be the same on Saturday.

Edited by Roath Raver

Gullan, zannata and Mitchell are our only players who are probably suited to playing as a striker in some way. Gullan has been fairly injury prone in his time with us also. I think keeping Mitchell at the club to learn off of the players and management team, which does include a former Scotland International, could be more beneficial than him going out on loan to a league 2 club. He's raw but with good coaching and used correctly he could really come on this season.
Easton looked every bit the player I thought we were getting last night. I think he will do well this season around a better standard of player.
Can't take too much from that game due to the issues peterhead had but we definitely showed enough to be positive about. As long as we're all set for the opening league game then the results in the Cup don't bother me too much. We've won all the cups we're going to win at this level. Priority needs to be on promotion now.

6 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

Has everyone received their season tickets in the post? 

I haven’t received mine yet. I was only holiday the last 2 weeks but I don’t see a season ticket among the mail.

Not received mine yet either. Obviously saving the best till last. 

Maybe we've been selected for a special hand delivery by one of the modern apprentices or something... 

46 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

I haven’t received mine yet. I was only holiday the last 2 weeks but I don’t see a season ticket among the mail.

Maybe your Mrs binned it as she knew she had trips to the shops planned for you and didn't think you'd need it 😜

1 hour ago, Scary Bear said:

Mine arrived yesterday.

It was in a multi coloured envelope with purple balloons on it.

I was sure at first that it was an invite to a kid's birthday party 😉

13 hours ago, AllanJM said:

Didn't Didier Agathe and Derek Carcary both score debut hattricks for us?

One of course went on to be a great player for us and subsequent teams. The other one not so much.

Agathe never actually scored a hattrick for us against airdrie, I'm sure one went down as an o.g. Was some Debut, especially as I think he only arrived at the club the day before I think. Carcary didn’t score at all on his debut, but did come off the bench and do a mazy run where he beat the whole team twice then made a mess of the finish. Or at least it was in my imagination.  Looked like an absolute world beater in that 20 min or so cameo. 

On 13/07/2022 at 22:54, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

Johnny Russell

Ryan Hardie

Lewis Vaughan

Dylan Easton

Have I missed anyone?

Graham Weir scored a perfect hat-trick for us v QP  at Hampden. More remarkably, Chris Silvestro managed to get up the park and score that day too.

6 hours ago, grumswall said:

Gullan, zannata and Mitchell are our only players who are probably suited to playing as a striker in some way. Gullan has been fairly injury prone in his time with us also. I think keeping Mitchell at the club to learn off of the players and management team, which does include a former Scotland International, could be more beneficial than him going out on loan to a league 2 club. He's raw but with good coaching and used correctly he could really come on this season.
Easton looked every bit the player I thought we were getting last night. I think he will do well this season around a better standard of player.
Can't take too much from that game due to the issues peterhead had but we definitely showed enough to be positive about. As long as we're all set for the opening league game then the results in the Cup don't bother me too much. We've won all the cups we're going to win at this level. Priority needs to be on promotion now.

In that context, I would agree. However, as we all expect another striker or two via loans, I still expect to see Mitchell loaned out by Oct, or Jan at latest.

Still waiting for the complaints about Dick after yesterday…