The New Raith Rovers Thread

Just watched the highlights there. Real urgency about the performance even stanton as the sitting midfielder got forward a couple of times. 

2 absolute cracking goals as well from Easton and connolly. 

4 minutes ago, AllanJM said:

Didn't Didier Agathe and Derek Carcary both score debut hattricks for us?

One of course went on to be a great player for us and subsequent teams. The other one not so much.

OK not the case with Carcary. Memory playing tricks on me. I so remember thinking he was going to be a great player after his first game though.

Fwiw, he still took away the match ball. Everyone at the game knew its a hat-trick. Pretty sure in the referee report it'll be updated to be one. 

It was going well wide before it hit the Peterhead player.

I was really impressed with us last night. I know Peterhead were poor but we pressed them so high up the park and didn’t give them a second on the ball. Our attacking play was impressive too from a quick tempo point of view.

This was the first glimpse of Murray’s promise of out working other teams. Once we get a few more bodies in the door we will be in a very good place.

A lot of the discussion here has been about the need for a hold up player type No 9 - in line with McGlynn's style of play. However, if Murray wants to play a high press, and thinks he needs two strikers to make the press stick, it seems like actually he'd want another quick, mobile striker instead of a focla point, back to goal type forward...

1 minute ago, renton said:

A lot of the discussion here has been about the need for a hold up player type No 9 - in line with McGlynn's style of play. However, if Murray wants to play a high press, and thinks he needs two strikers to make the press stick, it seems like actually he'd want another quick, mobile striker instead of a focla point, back to goal type forward...

I was thinking that last night, he seems to want pace and Mobility over physical presence up top , Mitchell done well and has a lot of developing to do but think he would be a useful option from the bench in games and we are developing one of our own players instead of someone else’s for once.

10 minutes ago, Jilted John said:

I was really impressed with us last night. I know Peterhead were poor but we pressed them so high up the park and didn’t give them a second on the ball. Our attacking play was impressive too from a quick tempo point of view.

This was the first glimpse of Murray’s promise of out working other teams. Once we get a few more bodies in the door we will be in a very good place.

Totally agree , it was great to see

2 hours ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Aye, f**k sending players out to Falkirk on loan. Based on last night we should be keeping Mitchell at least as an option off the bench. There's every chance he can kick on with a goal or two much like Bowie did back in the 19/20 season.

I certainly wouldn't be sending them out on loan to a Manager that had them in his squad last season and decided against playing them, that's for sure.

agree with all that's been said about work rate - outstanding last night from everyone. I suppose that's where having that slightly bigger squad will be needed, because you'll need a wee bit of rotation with that amount of effort going in every week. We obviously have Vaughan Zanatta Matthews and Spencer coming back in there as well, which will add a bit, but not sure how Matthews and Spencer get into that team at the moment! 

If there was a heat map for Easton's movement across the pitch, there would hardly be an empty space - keen to get on the ball no matter where on the pitch, and helps with the movement of players around him too, with that similar mentality. Connelly looks like he is playing with so much confidence, Stanton looks a classy player, and i think playing along side that will only improve Ethan Ross as well! Good work rate from Mitchell too, plenty potential there, and will learn loads playing alongside Ross and Easton. 

Thought the full backs did well, Millen worked hard, got into good positions, just needs to work on a wee bit of touch on his crosses. Dick took his goal well! 

Where was Aaron Arnott last night?