The New Raith Rovers Thread

21 minutes ago, Brashy's Boots said:
31 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:
I bet Easton was fuming when he found out his hattrick had been taken off of him... 

Looked harsh from south stand calling that an own goal. Easton beats his man and gets the shot away.

I thought it was probably going wide but hard to say for sure. I'd have given it to him but Sky/BBC etc didn't. 

Easton says the ref has given him it though so it'll go down as a hattrick regardless. 

Edited by Ro Sham Bo

1 hour ago, FLDiamond said:

So I take it the Murray revolution is going well? emoji23.png looks like you guys are firing on all cylinders with the season just about to start. And with Easton leading the charge, your in a good place. How were Peterhead tonight? Silly question, but wondering if it was just a case of you being too strong or a mix of that with Peterhead being really pish. Our season opener against them in a couple of weeks… Good luck for the season ahead

It certainly sounded like how we played against the jobbers last season. I said the same elsewhere but Easton is a joy to watch in games like this. He struggled to control games against better opposition last season but when you’re on top he’s so good at getting on the ball, taking three men out the game with a bit of skill and causing chaos in the opposition defence. It’s very early days and playing in the Championship will be a much tougher proposition but I think playing in a better team with such strong competition in midfield will raise his standards on and off the ball.

Fair play to Murray, after turning Rhys McCabe into a centre back he’s obviously made that his new bit and is trying the same thing with Scott Brown. It’s a lot better than the previous Murrayball bits of long throws and Sean Crighton up front :lol: 

1 hour ago, TxRover said:

Don’t disagree, but McGlynn knows Mitchell, and is proven at developing young players (cough, Bowie)…

Yea, probably mid-Oct, with a recall option in Jan.

Tbh Tx I would rather not help Falkirk and enjoy them staying down again, petty things like this are what makes Scottish fitba 😂😂 Mitchell was excellent tonight and unlucky not too score 

5 minutes ago, Mr November said:

It certainly sounded like how we played against the jobbers last season. I said the same elsewhere but Easton is a joy to watch in games like this. He struggled to control games against better opposition last season but when you’re on top he’s so good at getting on the ball, taking three men out the game with a bit of skill and causing chaos in the opposition defence. It’s very early days and playing in the Championship will be a much tougher proposition but I think playing in a better team with such strong competition in midfield will raise his standards on and off the ball.

Fair play to Murray, after turning Rhys McCabe into a centre back he’s obviously made that his new bit and is trying the same thing with Scott Brown. It’s a lot better than the previous Murrayball bits of long throws and Sean Crighton up front :lol: 

A lot of people have said that about easton but surely with better players around him he be able to be better in those better/bigger games but we’ll have to wait and see 

1 minute ago, Been going too long said:

Tbh Tx I would rather not help Falkirk and enjoy them staying down again, petty things like this are what makes Scottish fitba 😂😂 Mitchell was excellent tonight and unlucky not too score 

Ah, but helping Falkirk doubles to hurt the Pars…with the comedic potential of the Pars remaining down so much better than Falkirk remaining down, I’ll live with it. Either way, I’d love to see Mitchell get some quality League One starts to jumpstart his development. As is noted above, he fluffed a couple of chances today, and is still plenty raw.

36 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Not sure I would go that far yet. He's quick, has an excellent work rate and some nice touches but his finishing looks like it needs plenty of work. He snatched at a couple of clear openings tonight. 

It’s at least a year and a half, two years away.

2 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Ah, but helping Falkirk doubles to hurt the Pars…with the comedic potential of the Pars remaining down so much better than Falkirk remaining down, I’ll live with it. Either way, I’d love to see Mitchell get some quality League One starts to jumpstart his development. As is noted above, he fluffed a couple of chances today, and is still plenty raw.

It’s at least a year and a half, two years away.

He still has a bit to go but agree he could develop into a very good player for the rovers or for us to move on, tried to hard to score second half imo and lacked the composure but it will come I’m sure 

1 minute ago, RRFC_Liam said:

A lot of people have said that about easton but surely with better players around him he be able to be better in those better/bigger games but we’ll have to wait and see 

I think he will. We had Frizzell beside him who was excellent, albeit a different style of player, but in tight games Easton did often struggle to stand out and ended up playing too deep or trying a bit too hard. I wouldn’t say we were reliant on him but playing in a better team and not being the focal point for attacks might allow him to have a bit more time on the ball which should help. I hope he kicks on and improves again this season, there’s not many players like him these days.

8 minutes ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

There was speculation but I'm sure it was 2 apiece.

I checked on that transfernarkt (I don’t know how reliable that is for stats) but they gave him the hattrick against Airdrie so if you want to count it then you can 

1 hour ago, RRFC_Liam said:

Under McGlynn if we went 1-0 or 2-0 up we would’ve just sat back and passed it around the back 4 for about 25 mins 

And then made an arse of it and drawn 1-1 or 2-2…

Edited by Enigma