The New Raith Rovers Thread

First competitive game and no farting about. An absolute complete performance if ever I've seen one. So many standouts and some ridiculous goals to boot. Berra going off is a bit of a worry as he looked to take a sore one in the first half. Impressed with Mitchell, can see there's a player there and he's absolutely rapid. Easton was terrific if somewhat casual with his passing at times and trying cheeky flicks when not needed however he turned many a Peterhead player inside out and scored an absolute worldy. Great tempo, gave Peterhead no time on the ball and Murray wasn't exaggerating when he said he'd have our work rate as being a key feature of our team. 

I know it was only P'heid but I thought we looked very different to a McGlynn side tonight. Murray spoke early about workrate and we saw that, even at 4 up and beyond. Some of the passing and distribution was superb; though balls, reverse passes etc and for a midfielder, Brown made a good CH. Again, only P'heid but we have to be pleased with that I think. I am.

3 minutes ago, Raithie said:

First competitive game and no farting about. An absolute complete performance if ever I've seen one. So many standouts and some ridiculous goals to boot. Berra going off is a bit of a worry as he looked to take a sore one in the first half. Impressed with Mitchell, can see there's a player there and he's absolutely rapid. Easton was terrific if somewhat casual with his passing at times and trying cheeky flicks when not needed however he turned many a Peterhead player inside out and scored an absolute worldy. Great tempo, gave Peterhead no time on the ball and Murray wasn't exaggerating when he said he'd have our work rate as being a key feature of our team. 

You said farting 

9CD9984B-16C4-4D8F-9AC4-D5E985D6DF57.webp

So I take it the Murray revolution is going well? [emoji23] looks like you guys are firing on all cylinders with the season just about to start. And with Easton leading the charge, your in a good place. How were Peterhead tonight? Silly question, but wondering if it was just a case of you being too strong or a mix of that with Peterhead being really pish. Our season opener against them in a couple of weeks… Good luck for the season ahead

So I take it the Murray revolution is going well? [emoji23] looks like you guys are firing on all cylinders with the season just about to start. And with Easton leading the charge, your in a good place. How were Peterhead tonight? Silly question, but wondering if it was just a case of you being too strong or a mix of that with Peterhead being really pish. Our season opener against them in a couple of weeks… Good luck for the season ahead
I think a bit of both - we were good and they really weren't. Big felly up front had a tough shift on his own but got no service and their midfield were bamboozled by ours from start to finish. Ryan Dow is a crabbit man but arguably their best player. Zero shots in 90 mins. I wouldn't worry about them.

Is Easton's debut the best since Didier Agathe? 

An absolute battering and some really good displays. Brown and Berra never had much to do, but when called on the dictated the game from the back really well. Millen and Dick both got forward plenty. Stanton looked comfortable dropping deep for the ball and some of his passing was excellent. Easton ran the show and you'll be hard pressed to find a better goal than his first this season. Connolly and Ross both looked to play more internally rather than outright wingers, with Gullan and Mitchell both causing issues with their running in behind. Would agree with others that the future looks bright for Mitchell. 

All we need to do is win our next two matches, and we'll likely be into the last 16. 

Just now, FLDiamond said:

So I take it the Murray revolution is going well? emoji23.png looks like you guys are firing on all cylinders with the season just about to start. And with Easton leading the charge, your in a good place. How were Peterhead tonight? Silly question, but wondering if it was just a case of you being too strong or a mix of that with Peterhead being really pish. Our season opener against them in a couple of weeks… Good luck for the season ahead

Combination of both us playing a really high pressing, intense game, and Peterhead looking every bit of a side who'd played an exhausting game against a top flight team on Sunday. 

9 minutes ago, Raithie said:

At Bo’ness, Mitchell was played as a slashing winger, with the option to lump a ball forward and let him run it down…and he scored a bunch that way. I think he’s our next money player, as Arnott and Young look the less flashy and more solid types that could play here a while.

Very good overall performance from everyone. I thought Easton was brilliant tonight, his touches, passing, runs and goals were something we've missed for a while. Brown also looks a very strong player and Millen looked good. Some decent play and good goals albeit against a poor Peterhead side. Stanton was very good especially in the 2nd half with at least 3 Diagonal passes that were 1st class. 

7 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

Very good overall performance from everyone. I thought Easton was brilliant tonight, his touches, passing, runs and goals were something we've missed for a while. Brown also looks a very strong player and Millen looked good. Some decent play and good goals albeit against a poor Peterhead side. Stanton was very good especially in the 2nd half with at least 3 Diagonal passes that were 1st class. 

Aye thought Stanton in 2nd half was tremendous, much more like it from him. Thought Millen got forward well and into good spaces but his crossing at times was poor. His first touch and ability to control the ball is fantastic I've noticed. Brown looks so cool and calm on the ball and really versatile. 

Peterhead a team Aberdeen struggled against for long periods of the game on Sunday and actually scored against the run of play to go ahead , Its irrelevant whether Peterhead were dugmeat to score 6 goals against any senior opposition at this level is decent especially some of the football to create those goals, However we won’t know how good we will be until the first few games into the season but fantastic start considering the lack of squad numbers , injuries  , Teenagers filling the bench

24 minutes ago, Brashy's Boots said:

I know it was only P'heid but I thought we looked very different to a McGlynn side tonight. Murray spoke early about workrate and we saw that, even at 4 up and beyond. Some of the passing and distribution was superb; though balls, reverse passes etc and for a midfielder, Brown made a good CH. Again, only P'heid but we have to be pleased with that I think. I am.

Under McGlynn if we went 1-0 or 2-0 up we would’ve just sat back and passed it around the back 4 for about 25 mins 

1 minute ago, basher brash said:

we will be until the first few games into the season but fantastic start considering the lack of squad numbers , injuries  , Teenagers filling the bench

I think there will be at least 2 in within the first few games of the league season with rest coming in towards August with will likely be loans 

57 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

Obviously Peterhead were really poor, so there's only so much we can learn, but what impressed me most was the intensity of effort tonight.  We haven't seen it to that degree for some time.

Onto the next game. 

I agree with this. Our attitude was spot on from start to finish. It would've been easy to feel sorry for Peterhead and take the foot off the pedal but not a bit of it. 

28 minutes ago, Raithie said:

Agree with all of this too. In the QoS and Kelty friendlies I was disappointed with Easton but some of his play tonight was ridiculously good. He'll have to calm it with the back heel flicks in the league though. 

29 minutes ago, TxRover said:

At Bo’ness, Mitchell was played as a slashing winger, with the option to lump a ball forward and let him run it down…and he scored a bunch that way. I think he’s our next money player, as Arnott and Young look the less flashy and more solid types that could play here a while.

Not sure I would go that far yet. He's quick, has an excellent work rate and some nice touches but his finishing looks like it needs plenty of work. He snatched at a couple of clear openings tonight.