The New Raith Rovers Thread

Do we think disclosing our starting CH is in fact out until Christmas might be pushing up the price of any replacement? Now football agents are rubbing their hands. 
I just think there aren't many of the required standard kicking about up here. That will be why Murray is getting people up from down south on trial instead of just plumping for one of the players up here.

47 minutes ago, pub car king said:

Do we think disclosing our starting CH is in fact out until Christmas might be pushing up the price of any replacement? Now football agents are rubbing their hands. 

The nature of his injury wasn't a secret and most folk in the game and even those with a passing interest will be aware of the timelines associated with an ACL.

They have now put it back up without his timescale on it. [emoji23]

Someone from the club must be on here [emoji23]

Just watch a 14 minute long interview where IM is hardly asked about where we are with new signings. Here we are first competitive game in 24 hours and we start with a makeshift defence. Surely a question or two about what he is looking for, how close we may be. Trialists not able to play in these games.

25 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

Just watch a 14 minute long interview where IM is hardly asked about where we are with new signings. Here we are first competitive game in 24 hours and we start with a makeshift defence. Surely a question or two about what he is looking for, how close we may be. Trialists not able to play in these games.

I think he answered that quite well by saying that none of the triallists were up to standard or what we're looking for overall. To me that suggests we keep looking. What we can infer from that as well is that the market is crap for us and all teams. Finding a decent player is tough it seems. 

He mentioned that loads of clubs over the weekend had benches of just 3/4 players which he then emphasised tells you all you need to know regarding the market right now. We aren’t the only ones looking.

He bigs up Scott Brown, where he reckons would play anywhere for us. Good to have someone like that for sure, but maybe only in crisis mode rather than opening the season with him playing there. 

Obviously happy with Gullan also in that striking role so maybe isint as fussed for a striker as the supporters (myself included)

I’d obviously be very happy if we brought in a CB and striker before the say the Dumbarton game, but if not I’d still be happy if it was before the opening league game up at Cove.

Murray clearly thinks we could and should be going into the Aberdeen game pretty much qualified for the next stage of the cup with the squad he’s got right now. Don’t think there’s anything wrong with that either imho. However a couple of injuries during these games and we could be in quite a state… 

11 minutes ago, Wardy said:

He mentioned that loads of clubs over the weekend had benches of just 3/4 players which he then emphasised tells you all you need to know regarding the market right now. We aren’t the only ones looking.

He bigs up Scott Brown, where he reckons would play anywhere for us. Good to have someone like that for sure, but maybe only in crisis mode rather than opening the season with him playing there. 

Obviously happy with Gullan also in that striking role so maybe isint as fussed for a striker as the supporters (myself included)

I’d obviously be very happy if we brought in a CB and striker before the say the Dumbarton game, but if not I’d still be happy if it was before the opening league game up at Cove.

Murray clearly thinks we could and should be going into the Aberdeen game pretty much qualified for the next stage of the cup with the squad he’s got right now. Don’t think there’s anything wrong with that either imho. However a couple of injuries during these games and we could be in quite a state… 

Agree with this. The line up we started against Alloa should be good enough to get through those matches, which buys us another couple of weeks time. As you say though an injury to a defender (especially Berra) or Gullan and we are screwed. 

Part 2 of the Murray interview up. Well worth a full watch

A few points to take from it. We're down to two trialists neither of which are forwards. We're looking to a couple of bodies in over the next week who will likely be centre halves. He's also looking at the Scandinavian markets for options.

6 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Part 2 of the Murray interview up. Well worth a full watch

A few points to take from it. We're down to two trialists neither of which are forwards. We're looking to a couple of bodies in over the next week who will likely be centre halves. He's also looking at the Scandinavian markets for options.

Will watch later but he'll have a contact in Norway at least through ex Rover Kevin Nicol who mighty be able to tip him off about potential targets.