The New Raith Rovers Thread

4 hours ago, grumswall said:
4 hours ago, TxRover said:
So, with McNeil named versus Alloa, we have to assume he’s been signed? That probably signals the end for Bow?

Haven't seen him or heard anything about him this far under Murrays reign. Does he have time left on his deal? There has been a couple of messages on twitter lately about people clearly not happy their family member has been told they can leave etc though. It would take effort to find them and I can't be bothered but I did see them a few days ago on a rovers related page if you want to find them.

If you can relay the server/forum/bbs/notice board, I’d appreciate it.

If you can relay the server/forum/bbs/notice board, I’d appreciate it.
If I can find it, I'll send it your way. It was something along the lines of, "given how you're struggling for players you'd think you'd treat the ones you had better before telling them they are useless" though.

I know a few ex rovers players that feel that way and just to add to the mcglynn is bad for injuries camp, one was told he would get the injections needed to help him by someone at the club and mcglynn decided against it because he didn't believe he needed it.

7 hours ago, Raithie said:

I sold a number of Rovers tops last year on ebay and got a decent wedge. Got nearly 100 sheets for the half n half top when we won the 2nd Division under McGlynn. I managed to get my hands on a reproduction of the 1989/1990 top and it's fookin spectacular. 

100 sheets? You better keep them hidden from the Pars fans, they will have them painted in no time!

6 hours ago, grumswall said:

If I can find it, I'll send it your way. It was something along the lines of, "given how you're struggling for players you'd think you'd treat the ones you had better before telling them they are useless" though.

I know a few ex rovers players that feel that way and just to add to the mcglynn is bad for injuries camp, one was told he would get the injections needed to help him by someone at the club and mcglynn decided against it because he didn't believe he needed it.

I’m no expert but from what I’ve head I don’t think our “luck” with injuries was luck at all… I think we’re still dealing with the backlog to some extent.

7 hours ago, FaithRovers said:

Are you all purposely not telling us who/where to get these reproductions or just being awkward bams 😂

Get the links sent 

There was a guy selling them on eBay last year, probably had a dozen or so in various sizes, some went for as little as £30, some others were in the £80-£100 range.

31 minutes ago, Beastie Russell said:

https://dunnottar.scot/
Not bad reproductions, but horrific badges

Oft no, avoid at all costs. Just type in Raith Rovers and look at the Rovers top he's touting as our new strip this season. I used Dunnottar for a couple of tops and what I got was quite frankly a disgrace, and it took well over 6 months to arrive. The pictures on his site look nothing like what I got. Only way of contacting the guy was via some form on the website and got zero replies. A wee read of some reviews tells you everything https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/www.dunnottar.scot

I've used this site a couple of times https://world-retro.com/ You basically give them a picture of the top you want from any era, they'll reproduce it but send you a photo of it beforehand so you can ask for any tweaks/adjustments. The only thing they can't put on the tops is the original kit manufacture but sponsors are fine. Quality is superb, very much like a modern top from today in terms of material and badge reproduction is to the exact detail. 

Edited by Raithie

3 minutes ago, Raithie said:

I've used this site a couple of times https://world-retro.com/ You basically give them a picture of the top you want from any era, they'll reproduce it but send you a photo of it beforehand so you can ask for any tweaks/adjustments. The only thing they can't put on the tops is the original kit manufacture but sponsors are fine. Quality is superb, very much like a modern top from today in terms of material and badge reproduction is to the exact detail. 

Need to find photos of the 1980/1 Bukta top 💙💙💙

4 minutes ago, Beastie Russell said:

Need to find photos of the 1980/1 Bukta top 💙💙💙

If you can somehow make the pics on http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Scottish_Football_League/Raith_Rovers/Raith_Rovers.htm bigger that might be worth a try. The guy was very prompt at replying and making sure top was exactly what I wanted. Think it was only £35 as well. I've been desperate for the 94 away top however worry that reproducing that with the spray paint design might flag up some issues, might see if it's possible.

11 minutes ago, Against The Machine said:

Bobby Ford was 30 years old when that photo was taken. 

He was always a favourite of mine from that era.

Especially when he scored the late winner with a diving header under the lights against Hearts.

49 minutes ago, philpy said:

What's the sizing like on the new home tops?? I usually go a Size up (XL), but I've lost half a stone so considering getting a large.

Optimist, I lose a half stone every morning…

10 minutes ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

Stick with XL, they're a bit nippit.

Assuming they size like the last couple of years, that’s  a wee understatement. Seems that the tops are starting to shrink like ladies clothes have over the years, what used to be a M is now a L, etc…and that’s from measuring, not trying to grease my way into one.

So according to some Tom Lang was due back early it appears we won't see him until Christmas at the earliest with him only returning all going well to full training in December. Lewis won't see action until probably late October with Matthews and Spencer both due back around middle of September. From reading this we need at least 2 centre halfs in hopefully this week. 

So according to some Tom Lang was due back early it appears we won't see him until Christmas at the earliest with him only returning all going well to full training in December. Lewis won't see action until probably late October with Matthews and Spencer both due back around middle of September. From reading this we need at least 2 centre halfs in hopefully this week. 
Yeah, those of a nervous disposition shouldn't read that injury update.