The New Raith Rovers Thread

Yep, trying too hard and made himself look a bit of a cock, shame usually a decent poster.
Apologies then. A momentary loss of muscular coordination. I was merely making a point, once more, about the same old stuff and people doubting the manager at this early stage. It wasn't aimed at anyone in particular, but a few in general.

As others have said, lack of visibility doesn't mean lack of activity, and given that Murray's job is actually to manage a football team and all that that entails, I'm happy to let him get on with it.

Someone even suggesting that dropping any points in initial competitive games will show that Murray's appointment has been a mistake. Gonna be a long season if the expectation is to win every game. I wish it was Xmas.

Just had a listen myself, very good insite into what the manger is, wants and expects from his players and team. 

From what I take from it, it does seem he has a plan in place for recruitment too. Loans and adaptable commited players is what he seems to want IMO. 

It sounds like Murray is trying to run the squad similar to how mcglynn did in his first spell. Quality over quantity and with players who are more adaptable. It's an effective strategy as long as you can get the signings right.

16 minutes ago, Hadji said:

It's "Spelling" actually...

Its not, its used after the start of a sentence so its actually "spelling" 🙃😁

2 minutes ago, grumswall said:

It sounds like Murray is trying to run the squad similar to how mcglynn did in his first spell. Quality over quantity and with players who are more adaptable. It's an effective strategy as long as you can get the signings right.

And you have luck with injuries.

27 minutes ago, Brashy's Boots said:

Apologies then. A momentary loss of muscular coordination. I was merely making a point, once more, about the same old stuff and people doubting the manager at this early stage. It wasn't aimed at anyone in particular, but a few in general.

As others have said, lack of visibility doesn't mean lack of activity, and given that Murray's job is actually to manage a football team and all that that entails, I'm happy to let him get on with it.

Someone even suggesting that dropping any points in initial competitive games will show that Murray's appointment has been a mistake. Gonna be a long season if the expectation is to win every game. I wish it was Xmas.

I said he is putting himself under pressure if we drop any points in the next 3 games in the premier cup not that his appointment has been a mistake and I stand by that, we should have 3 wins v Peterhead, Stirling and Dumbarton and anything less is a disappointment imo. I’m just frustrated recruitment has came to a standstill at the moment and he isn’t really floating my boat at the moment. Just an opinion on a football forum bud scroll past if it annoys you 👍🏻

I said he is putting himself under pressure if we drop any points in the next 3 games in the premier cup not that his appointment has been a mistake and I stand by that, we should have 3 wins v Peterhead, Stirling and Dumbarton and anything less is a disappointment imo. I’m just frustrated recruitment has came to a standstill at the moment and he isn’t really floating my boat at the moment. Just an opinion on a football forum bud scroll past if it annoys you [emoji1303]
The point is though, you don't know that recruitment has come to a stand still. There's just no info.

Just now, Brashy's Boots said:
4 minutes ago, Been going too long said:
I said he is putting himself under pressure if we drop any points in the next 3 games in the premier cup not that his appointment has been a mistake and I stand by that, we should have 3 wins v Peterhead, Stirling and Dumbarton and anything less is a disappointment imo. I’m just frustrated recruitment has came to a standstill at the moment and he isn’t really floating my boat at the moment. Just an opinion on a football forum bud scroll past if it annoys you emoji1303.png

The point is though, you don't know that recruitment has come to a stand still. There's just no info.

I don’t and neither do you know it hasn’t 🤷🏻‍♂️ Anyway let’s hope we get a couple of much needed bodies in soon and looking forward to going to the games next week 

26 minutes ago, CountryBumpkin said:

Its not, its used after the start of a sentence so its actually "spelling" 🙃😁

And you have luck with injuries.

A take it you lot actually find this kind of chat funny?

20 minutes ago, Been going too long said:

I said he is putting himself under pressure if we drop any points in the next 3 games in the premier cup not that his appointment has been a mistake and I stand by that, we should have 3 wins v Peterhead, Stirling and Dumbarton and anything less is a disappointment imo. I’m just frustrated recruitment has came to a standstill at the moment and he isn’t really floating my boat at the moment. Just an opinion on a football forum bud scroll past if it annoys you 👍🏻

Just to note fans of team after team are complaining as well, recruitment this years seems a lot more spotty and difficult.

1 hour ago, keyser_soze said:

Oh the irony, look at your original post bud , ment or meant ? 🤪

Its just a fitbaw forum "bud" no a english exam, who gives a fvck as long as you get the point "🤪"

1 hour ago, TxRover said:

Just to note fans of team after team are complaining as well, recruitment this years seems a lot more spotty and difficult.

Dont usually post much but been reading most of the posts with interest.

I must say I was a supporter of the style of football John Mcglynns teams played.

I think some of the problems came with players who maybe weren't able always to play his style.

We had two pretty successful seasons in the championship with him, and at times the football was absolutely stunning to watch.

Needless to say we didn't always play well and the results didn't always show what we would want as supporters.

Whether we agree or not we now have a new manager who I am now 100% behind, it does worry me we have allowed a fairly settled defence go with no replacements at present in sight.

I would like to see us signing a free scoring centre forward, but that is probably the golden ticket for every club in Britain not just Raith Rovers.

The manager will choose and build his team as he sees fit, when the team goes on the park I will support them.

One thing I do expect is a decent form of entertainment when I turn up at Starks Park.

If results dont go our way that's fine, I will in my mind be looking for top 4 finish.

It cant be expected it will happen but a Rovers team should be at least competing at top end of table.

Hopefully the manager will be a great success with our club and will provide us with some great entertainment on the park, that's all I ask

3 hours ago, TxRover said:

There seems to be more and more tier 4 and 5 English clubs with money every summer. They blow Scottish tier 2 clubs out the water with the wages they can offer. 

1 hour ago, TheScarf said:

There seems to be more and more tier 4 and 5 English clubs with money every summer. They blow Scottish tier 2 clubs out the water with the wages they can offer. 

Interestingly, this just might improve “Scottish” football in the long run. With more, and younger, players from the lower levels (or higher, on loan) having to be placed on teams in HL/LL/L2/L1(?) to make it work, there are more opportunities to find the few late blooming potential stars, or the player(s) who need the right coach/situation. The other thought is that this could backfire when some shocking stories come out, and they will.

8 minutes ago, Raithie said:

Hadn't realised it was a 12pm ko today against Alloa. Commentary on RaithTV if anyone's interested. 17 mins in and 4-0 Rovers already. 

Any trialists?