The New Raith Rovers Thread

5 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

He did say he was a big fan of the loan market, so it could be that's where we see movement.

Also did say we needed more players, but only specifically mentioned signings.

This is just my opinion, I think we will see 1 more permanent signing then fill the rest out on loans if the budget is down a bit, but the kits seem to have sold well and that could go towards the budget same if we sell more Season tickets, plus we will have cash income from the cup games and the TV money vs Aberdeen to contribute towards that 

2 minutes ago, renton said:

He might get through one or two league Cup games with that back 4, given some of the limitations clubs like Peterhead are having in signing folk as well - but he's surely aware that he tries that back 4 in the league and we are toast...

Agreed 

When I hear Murray talking about the squad being too big I do think he is talking about guys like Masson, Mahady who are maybe a bit surplus to requirements. I’m sure on that Speirs interview he hinted at Mitchell probably needing a loan out to get games.

Edited by Enigma

17 minutes ago, Enigma said:

When I hear Murray talking about the squad being too big I do think he is talking about guys like Masson, Mahady who are maybe a bit surplus to requirements. I’m sure on that Speirs interview he hinted at Mitchell probably needing a loan out to get games.

Aye, he'll definitely struggle for game time given the long queue of strikers in front of him at the moment...

1 hour ago, RRFC_Liam said:

This is just my opinion, I think we will see 1 more permanent signing then fill the rest out on loans if the budget is down a bit, but the kits seem to have sold well and that could go towards the budget same if we sell more Season tickets, plus we will have cash income from the cup games and the TV money vs Aberdeen to contribute towards that 

I concur, with the signing being a CB.

51 minutes ago, Enigma said:

Mitchell will be playing for us NEXT year, if he can get time in L1 or L2 THIS year. Mahady may be loaned or let go, Coulson should be loaned, as should Masson…but Masson is our only real depth right now. I expect Bow gets released somehow.

3 hours ago, CALDERON said:

Listened to podcast with Murray on Graeme Spiers Patreon site, he mentions the squad is too big again.  Also mentioned we need strikers, but didn't say anything about defence.  Did imply the young guys would be going out on loan.

Certainly got the impression he won't be signing players for the sake of it.

Just had a listen myself, very good insite into what the manger is, wants and expects from his players and team. 

From what I take from it, it does seem he has a plan in place for recruitment too. Loans and adaptable commited players is what he seems to want IMO. 

3 minutes ago, Hadji said:

Just had a listen myself, very good insite into what the manger is, wants and expects from his players and team. 

From what I take from it, it does seem he has a plan in place for recruitment too. Loans and adaptable commited players is what he seems to want IMO. 

Yeah, I do think that there is thought going into recruitment that doesn't always translate into quick action.

It may be that rumours leaked like a sieve under Mcglynn and aren't anymore ...

Yeah, I do think that there is thought going into recruitment that doesn't always translate into quick action.
BuT but Y We no sIgNiNg CeNtRe hAlVeS aND sTrIkErS nOO? MuRrAy iS pYooR rubbish!

4 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

Yeh it definitely seems that way now, ive heard someone is signed .... but no idea if its a loan/permanent deal or if hes a centre half/centre forward and ladt few season the source knew the name now hes not being told anything. 

6 minutes ago, Brashy's Boots said:
11 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

BuT but Y We no sIgNiNg CeNtRe hAlVeS aND sTrIkErS nOO? MuRrAy iS pYooR rubbish!

Is this ment to be funny? 

29 minutes ago, Hadji said:

Yeh it definitely seems that way now, ive heard someone is signed .... but no idea if its a loan/permanent deal or if hes a centre half/centre forward and ladt few season the source knew the name now hes not being told anything. 

My pal got his daughter a season ticket today and some rovers clothing and he did say he noticed someone new as in player wise that wasn’t here during the last 3 pre season games so it could be this guy your talking about mate 

Edited by RRFC_Liam

1 minute ago, RRFC_Liam said:

My pal got his daughter a season ticket today and some rovers clothing and he did say he noticed someone new as in player wise that wasn’t here during the last 3 pre season games so it could be this guy your talking about mate 

There should be a few trialist for tomorrow's game against Alloa tbf, but from what the usuall sources say one boys definitely on the way in who, what and when is the question tho.

36 minutes ago, Hadji said:

Is this ment to be funny? 

Meant, learn to do yur spulling 🤪

5 minutes ago, Been going too long said:

He just embarrassed himself with that tbh🤦🏻‍♂️

Yep, trying too hard and made himself look a bit of a cock, shame usually a decent poster.