The New Raith Rovers Thread

17 minutes ago, Raith_Raver said:

I've been here all along, just watching...

Glad to see ye back mate. Missed your hot takes on the sky screamers🤣🤣

Edited by baillieinleeds

6 hours ago, Been going too long said:

If you don’t like other folks opinion/moans maybe football forums aren’t for you, it’s my party and I will moan if I want to 😉

Fair comment,,,,,why bother changing your habits of a lifetime!!

Edited by Wee Sandy

1 minute ago, Scary Bear said:

Great signing for them but I feel he’s maybe selling himself short. 

Agree. In the space of a year or two he's swapping a championship promotion challenge to a likely battle to avoid relegation to league 2. He's too good for that. 

13 minutes ago, Wee Sandy said:

Fair comment,,,,,why bother changing your habits of a lifetime!!

😂😂😂 I am actually a very positive person in real life but Murray isn’t really floating my boat at the moment, hopefully that changes but Sandy if we drop any points against Dumbarton, Peterhead or Stirling Albion then you may just see my point. 😉

16 minutes ago, Been going too long said:

Ross away and use any funds it raises to fund loan signings we get

New manager comes in and wants to change things and sign players he knows. Not too controversial but I’m not sure why we’d want to rip up a squad that were top half Championship. Should be a case of filling in the missing spots in defence and attack to try and get us nearer promotion.

Ross looks a prospect and is clearly someone who, on his game, is excellent in attack. It’s just that he is inconsistent at the moment. If consistency could be achieved he’ll be a top flight player.

10 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

New manager comes in and wants to change things and sign players he knows. Not too controversial but I’m not sure why we’d want to rip up a squad that were top half Championship. Should be a case of filling in the missing spots in defence and attack to try and get us nearer promotion.

Ross looks a prospect and is clearly someone who, on his game, is excellent in attack. It’s just that he is inconsistent at the moment. If consistency could be achieved he’ll be a top flight player.

Totally agree bud

Agree however Ross maybe signed for us because mcglynn was here. He's maybe told his agent to find him a new club since mcglynn left. It's all the talk of one person at this stage though.
It's also not beyond the realms of possibility that our squad had been largely together for a few years and built by mcglynn, so Murray wants to come in and make his own mark. He's chosen to move a few players on in order to do so. We still have a good core of players that have been with us for a few seasons now but Murray will ultimately be judged on results so let's let him build his squad and see the results before judging him.

7 hours ago, grumswall said:

Agree however Ross maybe signed for us because mcglynn was here. He's maybe told his agent to find him a new club since mcglynn left. It's all the talk of one person at this stage though.
It's also not beyond the realms of possibility that our squad had been largely together for a few years and built by mcglynn, so Murray wants to come in and make his own mark. He's chosen to move a few players on in order to do so. We still have a good core of players that have been with us for a few seasons now but Murray will ultimately be judged on results so let's let him build his squad and see the results before judging him.

well said

7 hours ago, grumswall said:

If your just signing for the manager and not to actually care to play for the club under a new manager then he can go, we want players that care and play for the badge 

If your just signing for the manager and not to actually care to play for the club under a new manager then he can go, we want players that care and play for the badge 

Were not the OF, they’re unlikely to support us (unless they’re from Kirkcaldy), nobody is playing for the badge. Footballers are mostly mercenaries earning money to do what they love. Sometimes players will connect well with the fans, manager, area etc and settle longer than others but theres little loyalty in football.
I genuinely get the impression he likes being here, thats not to say he wouldn’t move if he was getting a lot more money and/or playing in a higher league. Lets be honest, we’d all do the same in his position. He’s young, ambitious and clearly backs himself. He is however under contract. If we are to let him go, the smart move would be to get a player + money deal, taking less money so we have to pay Aberdeen less and getting another player in at the same time. Whether there’s even any truth in the rumour, we’re still yet to see.