The New Raith Rovers Thread

7 hours ago, RRFC_Liam said:

I’m looking at a few signings In this division and most teams have signed people from down south/ league 1 or 2 up here because there’s no real quality in this league at CH or Forward areas. (Also Hartley signing every single player in Scotland doesn’t help either) 

we all know Murray needs at least 2 CHs but getting the right ones for his style of play/quality will be a bit difficult as I said yesterday the premiership teams are back in training and playing games so it will be maybe 2/3 weeks before anything concrete happens in the loan market 

Do we? We have Berra and a returning Lang. For short-term cover we have Brown, Dick and Masson. If the budget is a concern, as it seems to be, I suggest we will see one CB in, preferably one that can cover RB (Oh, why did we let Big Dave go, eh?😉) in a pinch, although Dick has ventured there too before…but would be less than ideal, especially as it leaves us with Young and no cover at LB.

Ideally speaking, we would like 4 or 5 CB on the roster. Our current options cover 4, counting Lang and Brown, so I’d be surprised if we didn’t plan on possibly trying to find a loan CB over the next couple of months after we sign one more CB soon. However, with Berra and Lang clearing being the intended starting pair, it may be difficult to get a top quality loanee, as a starting wouldn’t be assured.

1 hour ago, TxRover said:

Do we? We have Berra and a returning Lang. For short-term cover we have Brown, Dick and Masson. If the budget is a concern, as it seems to be, I suggest we will see one CB in, preferably one that can cover RB (Oh, why did we let Big Dave go, eh?😉) in a pinch, although Dick has ventured there too before…but would be less than ideal, especially as it leaves us with Young and no cover at LB.

Ideally speaking, we would like 4 or 5 CB on the roster. Our current options cover 4, counting Lang and Brown, so I’d be surprised if we didn’t plan on possibly trying to find a loan CB over the next couple of months after we sign one more CB soon. However, with Berra and Lang clearing being the intended starting pair, it may be difficult to get a top quality loanee, as a starting wouldn’t be assured.

That’s a depressing picture Tx , Lang could easily break down again ( really hope not🤞🏻) and Masson is nowhere near ready for championship football, I would also suggest Berra won’t last the full season without an extended period out injured so good  CB’s are imperative and at least one who can start because I don’t want to see dick there , if anywhere then left back because young can’t be expected to play every week if we plan on going for the playoffs or we will be 7th ish and Murray under pressure. We made a bit of money from cup ties last season I guess it’s going elsewhere 👀🤦🏻‍♂️

2 hours ago, RRFC_Liam said:

Ex Loanee Kai Kennedy been linked with a Loan Move to Falkirk, I think he will do well League 1 level as he’s not really done it at the championship with Us, Dunfermline or Hamilton 

I'm not sure I'd want him at us tbh. We have too many jersey fillers as it is without adding someone who hasn't exactly pulled up trees in other loan spells. If we could get rid of some of the current shite like Wilson, Seb Ross, Nesbitt, McGuffie or Hetherington then maybe he'd do as a squad player. 

1 hour ago, TxRover said:

Scrap this Make shift pish!!!!!! Browns better in midfield, Masson isn’t anywhere near ready and Liam Dick is pish defensively both at LB and CB, Lang is too much of a risk just throwing him in there he needs at least a month or 2 to get fitness/match time we need at least 2 and on the Loanee situation you could be right but what IF Lang comes back and gets another long term injury these things need considered 

4 minutes ago, RRFC_Liam said:

Scrap this Make shift pish!!!!!! Browns better in midfield, Masson isn’t anywhere near ready and Liam Dick is pish defensively both at LB and CB, Lang is too much of a risk just throwing him in there he needs at least a month or 2 to get fitness/match time we need at least 2 and on the Loanee situation you could be right but what IF Lang comes back and gets another long term injury these things need considered 

Agreed bud 

I'm fairly sure the last 10 pages of this thread only have about 3 different posts repeated ad nauseum.

We really need some player rumours just to stop my eyes bleeding every time I come on here.

58 minutes ago, RRFC_Liam said:

Completely agree, any manager coming I'm must have the resources to fill the gaps in the team. We need 2 centre halfs, 2 strikers, a 3rd keeper if Bow is away and a left back. Masson, Mahady, Coulston can all go out on loan. Our defence as it stands will get us relegated and we will struggle to score goals as we do not have a number 9 or a target man. I had high hopes when we quickly brought in Easton and Brown but sadly with everyday that passes I'm starting to dread this season and we haven't even had a competitive game. 

22 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

Completely agree, any manager coming I'm must have the resources to fill the gaps in the team. We need 2 centre halfs, 2 strikers, a 3rd keeper if Bow is away and a left back. Masson, Mahady, Coulston can all go out on loan. Our defence as it stands will get us relegated and we will struggle to score goals as we do not have a number 9 or a target man. I had high hopes when we quickly brought in Easton and Brown but sadly with everyday that passes I'm starting to dread this season and we haven't even had a competitive game. 

I’m the same bud 

11 hours ago, FaithRovers said:

That’s the McGlynn loyalty and not based on performance. There is a weird dislike to Frankie on this forum and I’ve no idea why. I thought he was solid when needed, is he the best CB in the league? No, but he certainly does the job.

The boy is only 24, I believe potential was there. Whether it was we couldn’t afford him is fair enough, but he is a solid option, especially considering our situation at CB 

If people on here are seriously saying we can get better than Poplatnik, then by Christ we can get better than Mousonda. 

36 minutes ago, AllanJM said:

I'm fairly sure the last 10 pages of this thread only have about 3 different posts repeated ad nauseum.

We really need some player rumours just to stop my eyes bleeding every time I come on here.

Jamie Murphy, is training wi us next week Bruv. 

2 hours ago, Been going too long said:

That’s a depressing picture Tx , Lang could easily break down again ( really hope not🤞🏻) and Masson is nowhere near ready for championship football, I would also suggest Berra won’t last the full season without an extended period out injured so good  CB’s are imperative and at least one who can start because I don’t want to see dick there , if anywhere then left back because young can’t be expected to play every week if we plan on going for the playoffs or we will be 7th ish and Murray under pressure. We made a bit of money from cup ties last season I guess it’s going elsewhere 👀🤦🏻‍♂️

Chances are he won’t break down. Top surgeon with new internal brace method. Boy is working his socks off and is looking like returning fitter and stronger than before. 

2 minutes ago, JBJ said:

Chances are he won’t break down. Top surgeon with new internal brace method. Boy is working his socks off and is looking like returning fitter and stronger than before. 

Mate I really hope so not just for the rovers but for Tom himself but given our track record with vaughan I think it would be better to be prudent with him till after Xmas 

5 minutes ago, Been going too long said:

Mate I really hope so not just for the rovers but for Tom himself but given our track record with vaughan I think it would be better to be prudent with him till after Xmas 

He’ll be back well before then. 

The club are also wanting to shift season tickets and the lack of signings and even rumours is worrying. When we see the trialists it's also a worry, Paterson apart we've had a player that signed for East Fife and a player playing 2nd rate Icelandic football. 

Is this the 1st mention of probable relegation? Last seasons prize went to Ro Sham Bo but thankfully we managed to avoid such a fate. Raith1974 do you have any dry knickers left?