The New Raith Rovers Thread

36 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

I'll be surprised if Hartley is still the Hartlepool manager by 2023. A Falkirk style disaster is looming there. 

As far as Paterson goes, he was nowhere near a priority for us so not fussed in the slightest that he's moved elsewhere. 

4 hours ago, Jilted John said:

Peterhead are part time and looking to sign part time players so no, I don’t think it applies to us.

Full time clubs are struggling to sign players as full time players are able to make more money playing part time and working full time

and....

Part time teams in the leagues are struggling to sign players due to clubs in the Lowland league being able to offer the same or more on wages.

This definitely effects us and probably every mid to bottom of the table championship side.

17 minutes ago, Been going too long said:

Not sure about that bud, dick as starting left back or 18 year old greig young 🤦🏻‍♂️

Paterson might well have turned out to be better than what we have at left back, but with the issues we have at centre back and centre forward, I'm quite happy to go with those two as our left back options if doing so gives us a bit more in the budget to look for a decent centre back and centre forward. 

31 minutes ago, grumswall said:

I don't rate dick (insert Kenneth) but we did finish 5th with him as our lb last season. Lb isn't a key area for us to strengthen right now.

Are you sure about that????

Over to Murray now. He has to get a central defender in to allow Dick to go back to left back and have Young as cover. A new centre back and Berra will be it as far as signings go in that position as he knows he can just utilise Dick at centre back if need be and Young at left back. Genuinely can't see us bringing in more than one central defender. Imo... 

26 minutes ago, baillieinleeds said:

Dick is aye. Away wi ye

No one said Dick is a centre half, but he's playing there now until new players are brought in. I don't see any sensible suggestions for new central defenders and Patterson is not one either so no, his signing was not a priority 

Amazing how a lot of our troubles could be fixed by signing a decent, young CB who would be a fan favourite and to top it all off, an international footballer. That would be ideal! 

*cough* Frankie Musonda *cough* [emoji2359]
That the guy that couldn't get a game ahead of davo at cb?

Frankie is a good player but that argument is a reach when we don't know who Murray is bringing in ffs.

It’s clear there are reasons why Musonda and Benny left the club when you consider we don’t have enough centre half’s but it certainly paints a picture when a Zambian internationals best gig is Ayr United no disrespect to Ayr ,  Ian Murray is not daft he knows where we need to strengthen but do we need another Riley snow a panic signing like last year and IMO gullen was a panic signing aswell offering a 2 and a half year deal with little in return so far  . Hopefully lessons have been learnt from last season by the club regarding desperation signings and I would rather go with what we have and sign the right player rather than squander what little money we have on shirt fillers just to make fans like myself a bit more happier

5 hours ago, grumswall said:

That the guy that couldn't get a game ahead of davo at cb?

Frankie is a good player but that argument is a reach when we don't know who Murray is bringing in ffs.

That’s the McGlynn loyalty and not based on performance. There is a weird dislike to Frankie on this forum and I’ve no idea why. I thought he was solid when needed, is he the best CB in the league? No, but he certainly does the job.

The boy is only 24, I believe potential was there. Whether it was we couldn’t afford him is fair enough, but he is a solid option, especially considering our situation at CB 

26 minutes ago, FaithRovers said:

That’s the McGlynn loyalty and not based on performance. There is a weird dislike to Frankie on this forum and I’ve no idea why. I thought he was solid when needed, is he the best CB in the league? No, but he certainly does the job.

The boy is only 24, I believe potential was there. Whether it was we couldn’t afford him is fair enough, but he is a solid option, especially considering our situation at CB 

No dislike from me , we made a mistake there imo 

3 minutes ago, Been going too long said:

No dislike from me , we made a mistake there imo 

Likewise, Frankie was a solid enough player at this level, just hope it doesn't come back to haunt us.