The New Raith Rovers Thread

13 minutes ago, keyser_soze said:

Most teams will cause us problems, it's how we deal with it is the issue that needs to be resolved.

FFS, every pre season I see the same shite written on here, peeps the results in pre season DON'T FUCKING MATTER !!, it's all about getting the players match fit for competitive games.

100% Murray has his eye one a few players but it's all about picking the right ones, not just anyone ala Mendy and Keatings

It's written because it's true! Pre-season matches ARE all about getting match fit. You don't get any points or medals for winning them.

This is mental.

Some of the comments from people who didn’t attend is comical.

Raith dominated with spells of good football.

Nowhere near enough of a clinical edge to us, a repeat of last season at this stage but it’s friendlies.

Brown looked comfortable at CB

Dick looked fine at CB and Young was good on the left.

Our trialist based on that performance ain’t up to the level. Either not wanting to be injured, couldn’t get up to the pace or simply isn’t good enough. 

The number 22 for them looked classy and easily of championship level, who was he? 

I wouldn’t write off Gullan, what is he 24 today not in his prime and might just surprise a few.

No need for wet knickers but we need a CB and a striker.

3 minutes ago, Robert Forbes said:

It's written because it's true! Pre-season matches ARE all about getting match fit. You don't get any points or medals for winning them.

true but you get and gain confidence which is equally important

8 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

On the ball with the highlights tonight , and from them it looks like trialist A isn't what we're looking for, young guys getting game time is the bonus at least it lets Murray have a good look at them 

Friendlies don’t have the midnight curfew so able to post as soon as they were done. 

2 minutes ago, RAITHROVERS84 said:

This is mental.

Nowhere near enough of a clinical edge to us, a repeat of last season at this stage but it’s friendlies.

Our trialist based on that performance ain’t up to the level. Either not wanting to be injured, couldn’t get up to the pace or simply isn’t good enough. 

The number 22 for them looked classy and easily of championship level, who was he? 

I wouldn’t write off Gullan, what is he 24 today not in his prime and might just surprise a few.

Agyemang. He has come on leaps and bounds since last season, I reckon he'll be a big player for Kelty this season.

This is mental.

22 was agyeman. Scored the goal.

10 minutes ago, RAITHROVERS84 said:

This is mental.

Pretty much sums it up, both in terms of the actual match itself and the knicker wetting from to folk who didn't even watch the game.

22 minutes ago, Wardy said:

What are you on about? FFS. 😂 Fucking lighten up pal.

“Wholesale changes” are exactly what Varna Rover had stated. If he had simply put “the team needs to change the way they are playing” then that’s a different story.

When someone says to you “wholesale changes” what I posted is normally what that means…

Calm down, I’m pissing about. 

4 minutes ago, baillieinleeds said:

Calm down, I’m pissing about. 

You really aren’t though are you? 😂 

I’m sure you put your age in one of your posts a few pages back. I genuinely thought you were a teenager with some of the pish you post….

1 minute ago, buchan30 said:

Thought we played ok for the majority. Hard to gauge where we are with the fact we need a few more bodies in the door. It annoys me more than it should that Jamie MacDonald calls Liam Dick “Dicko”

Good job we don't have a Cockburn in the team.

On Wednesday night there was a section booing after a friendly loss to QoS, couldn't believe what I was heading made me question who would be booing a friendly loss by the looks of the comments its people in this thread

Get a grip you utter panic merchants. 

11 minutes ago, Wardy said:

You really aren’t though are you? 😂 

I’m sure you put your age in one of your posts a few pages back. I genuinely thought you were a teenager with some of the pish you post….

Don’t worry yourself, I merely have a childish sense of humour. Nothing wrong with mixing shit up. I think your a wee bit  too serious sometimes. 

9 minutes ago, Hadji said:

On Wednesday night there was a section booing after a friendly loss to QoS, couldn't believe what I was heading made me question who would be booing a friendly loss by the looks of the comments its people in this thread

Get a grip you utter panic merchants. 

Let’s see how calm you are when Murray doesn’t address the issues we need sorting out. Get back to me when I’m proven wrong