The New Raith Rovers Thread

10 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

I think we'll see Murrays prefered line up next Saturday, we can't read too much into these pre season games but it is a tad concerning regarding the back line

Hopefully he’s got a CH by next Saturday as that back line gives me the fear if he’s thinking about 

3 minutes ago, Been going too long said:

I see Ryan Schiavone who was the trialist the other night has signed for East Fife today, hopefully see a bit more squad movement this week. Did young play well today?

Aye Young played ok, he had Higginbottom in his back pocket but Kelty scored a screamer 

Absolute heads-gone about a pre season game, some of whom probably didn't watch the game.

The season (the real season) is a month or so away.  Steady on FFS.

Look back at Ray Mckinnons pre season in 2015-2016 for context. 

25 minutes ago, Varna Rover said:

a completely lack luster game again from us. wholesale changes needed

Murray out? Board out? Sack the strip and all the players? That kind of wholesale changes? 😂

We should have won that today really. We were on top in the first half without ever looking that great but were absolutely awful for the first 15 or 20 minutes of the second half. The plus side was the equaliser seemed to awaken us from our trance and we regained the ascendancy for the rest of the game. 

Positives: Gullan scored again and played pretty well, Young did well enough overall, Brown didn't look completely useless at centre half, Ross seems to have survived being kicked all over the park without injury

Negatives: Our creativity was poor with Connolly and especially Easton having poor games, our personnel issues defensively show no sign of improving, the trialist is nowhere near good enough, we were bullied off the ball an awful lot, MacDonald has picked up an injury (hopefully minor). 

Edited by Ro Sham Bo

40 minutes ago, grumswall said:
42 minutes ago, baillieinleeds said:
Suggestions then?, by all accounts, or what I’ve heard is we have a tight budget. Poplatnik scored 11 goals when he actually got a run in the team. That was after Xmas by the way. Not too bad for a team struggling in the aftermath of you know who 

I think poplatnik is actually away home now. I can't see him signing for anyone in Scotland this summer.

I'd agree with this. From his social media posts it looks as if he's away back home and training there. Suspect if we were going to sign him, it would have happened by now.

3 minutes ago, Wardy said:

Murray out? Board out? Sack the strip and all the players? That kind of wholesale changes? 😂

thats not what i inferred. wholsale changes to the format is what i meant. we have the players who appear not to be able to play this way. change to a different system

1 minute ago, Varna Rover said:

thats not what i inferred. wholsale changes to the format is what i meant. we have the players who appear not to be able to play this way. change to a different system

This is what they do to dissenters, if you have a different view point then you’ve got a swivelled eyed view point. You’ll get used to it. 

1 minute ago, Varna Rover said:

Did you watch the game?

7 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

Absolute heads-gone about a pre season game, some of whom probably didn't watch the game.

The season (the real season) is a month or so away.  Steady on FFS.

Look back at Ray Mckinnons pre season in 2015-2016 for context. 

Totally agree!! The number of knicker wetters on here,,,,and it is the same guys,,,,every season,

90 minutes of football played and a third of our  players are not up to it!!

Doubts whether the MANGER actually knows what we need,,,,and the season HAS YET TO START!!

Gie me piece!!

3 minutes ago, Varna Rover said:

no re;lied on updates which were very uninspiring. did you

No I did not, hence why I'm not chastising personnel or systems from a game I didnt watch.  A pre season game which means absolutely zilch other than gaining fitness.  I've seen great Rovers teams have poor pre seasons, and I've seen awful Rovers sides have decent pre seasons. Barry Smith didn't lose a single pre season friendly, yet Ray Mckinnon didn't win one.  In fact, I remember people freaking out after we were beating 2-0 by East Fife.

Save the panic for a months time, if we still have the same lineup.

Edited by CALDERON

2 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

No I did not, hence why I'm not chastising personnel or systems from a game I didnt watch.  A pre season game which means absolutely zilch other than gaining fitness.

i am not panicking calderon. just stating my opinion as are you and others. updates are our guide and todays were abysmal. not the updaters fault who can only post what he sees.

4 minutes ago, Varna Rover said:

i am not panicking calderon. just stating my opinion as are you and others. updates are our guide and todays were abysmal. not the updaters fault who can only post what he sees.

You are entitled to your opinion. It’s just a means to silence you if you do t toe the line with their narrative 

7 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

No I did not, hence why I'm not chastising personnel or systems from a game I didnt watch.  A pre season game which means absolutely zilch other than gaining fitness.  I've seen great Rovers teams have poor pre seasons, and I've seen awful Rovers sides have decent pre seasons. Barry Smith didn't lose a single pre season friendly, yet Ray Mckinnon didn't win one.  In fact, I remember people freaking out after we were beating 2-0 by East Fife.

I think you. like me are actually referring to all the PISH we have had to read on this site,for weeks now!!  Fatuous keech!

If by updates folk are referring to the HOME board report, fine the updates seemed oka,

However,,,,,,these are friendly games, stop girnin and get a grip....we WILL be fine.