The New Raith Rovers Thread

43 minutes ago, Varna Rover said:

no mention of the trialist. is he invisable

It sounds like the trialist is Kareem Isiaka, who was unused on Wednesday. 

That defensive line-up is startlingly uninspiring. There's still plenty time to go, but you're looking at a guaranteed starter coming in to make that seem respectable. Obviously there will be wheels spinning in the background, but I've no idea who that'll be, and I'm increasingly unnerved. 

11 minutes ago, Against The Machine said:

It sounds like the trialist is Kareem Isiaka, who was unused on Wednesday. 

That defensive line-up is startlingly uninspiring. There's still plenty time to go, but you're looking at a guaranteed starter coming in to make that seem respectable. Obviously there will be wheels spinning in the background, but I've no idea who that'll be, and I'm increasingly unnerved. 

I know stuff will be going on in the background but ultimately he can look forever but we need a player in especially in defence so hopefully it isn’t too much longer too wait 

Edited by Been going too long

17 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

In this depleted market, Murray might come to rue his decision of not trying to keep Musonda

One way or the other, something will have to budge this week...

14 hours ago, foreverarover said:
21 hours ago, Varna Rover said:
agreed. get him signed murray

Disagree completely. Then we end up with the same two strikers that done little in the second half of the season. It was clear Poplatnik and gullen can't play in the same team. We need to buy a player that can bring the best if what we already have unfortunately. IMO that ain't Poplatnik.

Suggestions then?, by all accounts, or what I’ve heard is we have a tight budget. Poplatnik scored 11 goals when he actually got a run in the team. That was after Xmas by the way. Not too bad for a team struggling in the aftermath of you know who 

Suggestions then?, by all accounts, or what I’ve heard is we have a tight budget. Poplatnik scored 11 goals when he actually got a run in the team. That was after Xmas by the way. Not too bad for a team struggling in the aftermath of you know who 
I think poplatnik is actually away home now. I can't see him signing for anyone in Scotland this summer.

As has already been pointed out, there were plenty of games, even in that run, where he was anonymous. Take away that 4 consecutive game purple patch from QOS away to the cup final (where he was excellent tbf) and he scored 6 goals in 40 appearances and 2 of those 6 were scored against East Fife and Banks O’ Dee. Poplatnik is not the answer.