The New Raith Rovers Thread

We have a million midfielders with the same playing style to Poplatnik so I think we need something different up top. I like him but he's just too similar to the supply line, if you know what I mean. Even Man City have realised they need a big brut (or Braut) up front.

Yes, I've compared us to Man City.

Edited by pantene proV

2 hours ago, R.R.FC said:

This. If we sign Poplatnik we will still need another striker, he is not the answer to our problems on his own. I understand people looking to sign him given our lack of options and the fact he was decent in the latter half of the season.

The concern for me is there were still plenty games in that run where he was anonymous. Take away that 4 consecutive game purple patch from QOS away to the cup final (where he was excellent tbf) and he scored 6 goals in 40 appearances and 2 of those 6 were scored against East Fife and Banks O’ Dee.

I feel like those 4 consecutive games culminating in the cup final, where he was absolutely outstanding, are clouding people’s views of the bigger picture and evidence over the season that he isn’t the answer as a lone striker. If the budget is there for two strikers then I’d be happy to see him back, he seems like a really decent guy and popped up with some important goals but if he can only sign one striker, it wouldn’t be him.

The likes of Musonda, Poplatnik and even Bene are perfectly serviceable Championship options IMO but let’s not forget they all played a part in our dreadful second half of the season form. I am happy for Murray to roll the dice and seek out improvements for those key areas which we need if we want to kick on. The key thing is holding his nerve and making sure he gets the replacements right otherwise I’ve no doubt not retaining those players will be thrown back in his face throughout the season. 

Yeah, goal difference for last season was zero.  Doesn't say much for either defence or attack.

50 minutes ago, Varna Rover said:

still trying to find out if their is live commentary for this game for overseas fans. it said their is now it says nothing.

There wasn’t meant to be due to holidays but there has been a last minute change of plan and now there will be live commentary for ST holders/RaithTV pass holders. Match highlights hopefully up this evening .

Edited by Roath Raver

2 hours ago, Roath Raver said:

There wasn’t meant to be due to holidays but there has been a last minute change of plan and now there will be live commentary for ST holders/RaithTV pass holders. Match highlights hopefully up this evening .

thanks mate

14 minutes ago, Against The Machine said:

Or Scott Brown at the back? Slim pickings. 

Maybe. I mean, Berra is on the bench so you could line up with him and Dick if you wanted to. With Stanton on the bench it's surely Brown and Arnott in the sitting midfield?

Maybe. I mean, Berra is on the bench so you could line up with him and Dick if you wanted to. With Stanton on the bench it's surely Brown and Arnott in the sitting midfield?
Maybe 442 with Easton and arnott at cm with brown at either rb or cb.

1 minute ago, grumswall said:
4 minutes ago, renton said:

Maybe 442 with Easton and arnott at cm with brown at either rb or cb.

And the trialist as a striker alongside Gullan? Maybe.