The New Raith Rovers Thread

14 minutes ago, SanStarko said:

Bit of a blow, but this bit from Murray seems to suggest it's something we've known about but he's not had treatment for it, despite being out for a fair wee while last season with his broken leg.  You'd have thought they'd have treated both at the same time but I wonder if they ignored the foot injury hoping he'd back from his broken leg quicker than he was.

"I think it's something that's been bothering Brad for some time.

“It's a metatarsal problem that he's had and he had to get a pin in it just to hold it together.

“So he had to get an operation last week which has been a success. It's a fairly standard one.

“He probably should have had it a while ago, but the demands of football are hard on players and staff so he had to play and it's caught up with him.

He's definitely shifting some blame on to the previous management team. 

24 minutes ago, Geordie_Munrover said:

Would love to see big nouble on loan from Livi

I'd love to go home and find a Fillet Steak cooked medium rare for my tea, but we all know that a box of Kraft's Cheesy Pasta is the dish of the evening. 

So far:

Young is likely competent LB cover.

Dick is questionable CB cover, but needs time to bed in with Berra if we’re gonna do that, before we decide. Tentatively, not seeing it working ideally.

Arnott is ready to play, seems a natural follow on to Tait.

Mitchell is a juicy looking morsel that needs starting time somewhere, and could easily be another Bowie. I think we’d hinder his development if we try to keep him at SP this year, but we need to offer the lad a full-time contract NOW.

Murray is going to use a base 4-3-3 this season, so I’d guess any forward coming in would have to be a CF/ST rather than a winger.

With Matthews and Spencer out for at least a couple of months, we will likely see some midfield assistance, but will it be a winger dropping back or a new loan/signing.

Did anyone mention we need CB’s?

22 minutes ago, grumswall said:

I'd be surprised if we signed another midfielder even on loan. Yes the two injuries leave us a little short in there but we can change the shape to suit what we have available should the need arise.

I’d rather we used Scott Agnew as a stop gap to cover injuries than waste a loan on another centre midfielder.

4 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

Whats all this horseshit some Falkirk fans are spouting about Ethan Ross on their forum, about him playing as a trialist for them 

It's a running gag, I wouldn't worry about it.

36 minutes ago, TxRover said:

So far:

Young is likely competent LB cover.

Dick is questionable CB cover, but needs time to bed in with Berra if we’re gonna do that, before we decide. Tentatively, not seeing it working ideally.

Arnott is ready to play, seems a natural follow on to Tait.

Mitchell is a juicy looking morsel that needs starting time somewhere, and could easily be another Bowie. I think we’d hinder his development if we try to keep him at SP this year, but we need to offer the lad a full-time contract NOW.

Murray is going to use a base 4-3-3 this season, so I’d guess any forward coming in would have to be a CF/ST rather than a winger.

With Matthews and Spencer out for at least a couple of months, we will likely see some midfield assistance, but will it be a winger dropping back or a new loan/signing.

Did anyone mention we need CB’s?

I don’t think young is tbh Tx not at the moment anyway, better loaning him to a league 1/2 club for this season. Dick can cover cb/lb but isn’t my first choice in either position tbh just don’t rate him. Would be happy if we sign a starting cb and Brody Paterson and cf . Midfield I think give arnott a chance tbh so no cover 

Just now, Jilted John said:

I’d rather we used Scott Agnew as a stop gap to cover injuries than waste a loan on another centre midfielder.

Yeah: Stanton, Brown, Arnott, Easton and at a pich, Agnew all capable of playing in there.

I suppose there is zero chance of getting at least an able CB in before we inevitably lose to Kelty on Saturday to ratchet up the panic levels further?

I had completely forgotten about him as a player. Agreed.
I didn't see the game yesterday but from what iv heard millen didn't look up to much and with dick as our starting lb we definitely need to get the cbs right. There and a striker is where the budget needs to be going. We're fairly well covered in every other position.

1 minute ago, grumswall said:

I had completely forgotten about him as a player. Agreed.
I didn't see the game yesterday but from what iv heard millen didn't look up to much and with dick as our starting lb we definitely need to get the cbs right. There and a striker is where the budget needs to be going. We're fairly well covered in every other position.

I don't think Millen has been terrible so far but he isn't going to be one who's turn of pace can carry him beyond the winger. Then again, Murray may prefer a shape where the width comes from the wide players with the back 4 sitting deeper.

With several key signings still to make it's hard to get a sense of Murray's style.

7 minutes ago, Jilted John said:

Yeah, we have Arnott and potentially Agnew available to see us through until Matthews is back.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Agnew get a run out in one of these last two matches actually.

32 minutes ago, grumswall said:

I'd be surprised if we signed another midfielder even on loan. Yes the two injuries leave us a little short in there but we can change the shape to suit what we have available should the need arise.

Hence suggesting we’ll perhapssee a winger or two bunged into the midfield role.

9 minutes ago, Jilted John said:

Absolutely agree.

8 minutes ago, Been going too long said:

I don’t think young is tbh Tx not at the moment anyway, better loaning him to a league 1/2 club for this season. Dick can cover cb/lb but isn’t my first choice in either position tbh just don’t rate him. Would be happy if we sign a starting cb and Brody Paterson and cf . Midfield I think give arnott a chance tbh so no cover 

That was my take on Young AND Mitchell before we started…but Young seems OK and has developed nicely behind Dick last year. Fair enough view of Dick, but I still believe he’s a fair or better LB when not required to push up. Brody is a crap shoot, but you don’t win by not betting. As it stands, we have 4 mids, so Arnott is getting his chance.

11 minutes ago, renton said:

Yeah: Stanton, Brown, Arnott, Easton and at a pich, Agnew all capable of playing in there.

I suppose there is zero chance of getting at least an able CB in before we inevitably lose to Kelty on Saturday to ratchet up the panic levels further?

Sure, why not. Who manufactures blood pressure meds, and has out BoD got an investment there?

7 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Yeah, we have Arnott and potentially Agnew available to see us through until Matthews is back.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Agnew get a run out in one of these last two matches actually.

Plus Ross and Connolly both have played midfield roles before, as additional cover.

He was very quick and direct and got in behind them a couple of times. I would be worried if that was our full team out there but it wasn’t nowhere near it and we will add to the squad. Murray wasn’t that fussed about winning the game obviously given changes etc he wanted minutes for the players and to try a couple of things like young at LB and Gullan as CF. 
I'm sorry but we shouldn't need to try Gullan as a striker. He was brought in as a striker. He's not good enough to lead the line.

2 minutes ago, foreverarover said:
16 hours ago, Been going too long said:
He was very quick and direct and got in behind them a couple of times. I would be worried if that was our full team out there but it wasn’t nowhere near it and we will add to the squad. Murray wasn’t that fussed about winning the game obviously given changes etc he wanted minutes for the players and to try a couple of things like young at LB and Gullan as CF. 

I'm sorry but we shouldn't need to try Gullan as a striker. He was brought in as a striker. He's not good enough to lead the line.

He maybe has never been the main striker before was he not classed as a wide player at hibs ? He definitely plays better in a 2 than as a solo striker