The New Raith Rovers Thread

[emoji849]
I'm sorry but the price of a season ticket is cheap when your paying £20 to get In. I remember the times if you missed one or at most 2 games it was pointless buying a season ticket. If you bought the early bird you will probably afford to miss 4 or 5 games and still break even. I'm sorry but that's the way it us. The club need money to pay wages (cough)

1 hour ago, foreverarover said:

I'm sorry but the price of a season ticket is cheap when your paying £20 to get In. I remember the times if you missed one or at most 2 games it was pointless buying a season ticket. If you bought the early bird you will probably afford to miss 4 or 5 games and still break even. I'm sorry but that's the way it us. The club need money to pay wages (cough)

It’s a steal compared to East Fife, can’t believe what their board are charging for League 2 football. 

5 minutes ago, raith_94 said:

Would it not make sense to continue to take orders/payments/notes of interest for the strip online, rather than guess at how many more to order? The iron is hot right now.

Got a feeling that was suggested last time this happened but I might be wrong. It’s definitely something the Rovers should consider in the future though. 

I think our sitting midfielders are going to be very important for us this season as unless we get a loanee in, we WILL be going with Berra/Dick until Lang is back . 

Much like last season, one of our full backs will also sit back a little, though it'll be the right hand side this time with Millen, IF we sign Brody Paterson.  So Dick will cover the left channel as teams counter-attack us with effectively 3 centre halves and 2 sitting midfielders. 

Mibbes 

2 hours ago, raith_94 said:

Would it not make sense to continue to take orders/payments/notes of interest for the strip online, rather than guess at how many more to order? The iron is hot right now.

Orders are placed months in advance for kits.

13 hours ago, foreverarover said:

I'm happy with the deal for the season ticket, no complaints at all. All I'm saying is I'm not forking out another £20 to take the kids to a friendly game against a team from the league below. 

38 minutes ago, Double Jack D said:

I'm happy with the deal for the season ticket, no complaints at all. All I'm saying is I'm not forking out another £20 to take the kids to a friendly game against a team from the league below. 

Pretty much my thoughts.

My laddie is now classed as a young adult, despite still being at school, and therefore would be charged a tenner as well.

I would have had to go straight from work, therefore would probably have bought some food, a couple of soft drinks in the 200 club and some 50/50s, meaning I'd probably spend somewhere between 10 and 15 quid.

The reality is that the £20 admission money would be better kept for a cup tie / important away game later in the season, therefore I'll be giving tomorrow a bodyswerve.

On 27/06/2022 at 06:51, Raithie said:

Absolutely size up. I'm generally XL in most t-shirts. Last season I tried both XL and 2XL and they were still helluva tight. Have had to plump for 3XL now. I can't say there's much difference in size from last seasons top and this seasons top.

image.gif

Just picked up my top order, didn’t get either kits last year to wear as such, the girlfriend got me the home kit signed by the team for birthday but wasn’t too fond of either last season. This home kit really grabbed me though, no over the top shite, also good to see no stick on sponsor on the back for the carrs seen as all my other rovers tops are now missing them. Surprised not to have seen any transfer talk recently? Is Murray really thinking dick and Berra at the back until Lang is back?

17 hours ago, raith_94 said:

Should do that before ordering them. Find out shirt size of people who want football tops. That would save on being left with tops and running out of popular sizes.

15 hours ago, gav-ffc said:

Orders are placed months in advance for kits.

If they put a survey up asking folk 1. Do you buy Rovers tops? 2. What size(s) do you require? 

Then they’ll at least be sorted for this time next year. 

Unless the sizes are all to f**k, as some have mentioned. Then they’ll be left with a lot of stock.

I find a Large in football tops is usually 40” to 42” and fits fine, but some Larges are 41” to 43” and look a bit baggy. Not into those ones.

36 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

If they put a survey up asking folk 1. Do you buy Rovers tops? 2. What size(s) do you require? 

Then they’ll at least be sorted for this time next year. 

Unless the sizes are all to f**k, as some have mentioned. Then they’ll be left with a lot of stock.

I find a Large in football tops is usually 40” to 42” and fits fine, but some Larges are 41” to 43” and look a bit baggy. Not into those ones.

They won’t need a survey, just a count of what they have sold this year🤷🏻‍♂️

He doesn't want to train full time which is why he left us in the first place so can't see it happening. I would definitely take him back though.

I get the impression that Murray would be much more accommodating to players than McGlynn, if he get they would improve the team.

Murray’s new interview would also suggest that no new players are due in, and it’ll be Trialists for the foreseeable - which is refreshing to hear that Murray will only sign someone who’s the right fit.

I get the impression that Murray would be much more accommodating to players than McGlynn, if he get they would improve the team.

Murray’s new interview would also suggest that no new players are due in, and it’ll be Trialists for the foreseeable - which is refreshing to hear that Murray will only sign someone who’s the right fit.
I'm not sure how the training worked for macdonald at Hamilton? He was definitely better going forward than defending as well but would be an upgrade on what we have. It will depend on how Murray wants his fullbacks to play etc but aye I'd be up for macdonald coming back if possible.

I didn't know there was a new interview out with Murray so cheers