The New Raith Rovers Thread

I really don't understand the clamour for signing Paterson and I'm hoping Murray is just using him as a stop gap for these friendlies while Dick covers centre back. We need a couple of centre backs, not a left back, and it would be madness for Murray to waste more of our budget on a position we are already covered for. 

6 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

I really don't understand the clamour for signing Paterson and I'm hoping Murray is just using him as a stop gap for these friendlies while Dick covers centre back. We need a couple of centre backs, not a left back, and it would be madness for Murray to waste more of our budget on a position we are already covered for. 

At present the left back position is a weakness. I'd hope that we are looking at Paterson and that Dick would eventually be back up when Lang returns to full fitness.

21 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

So you’re happy with Dick at left back??? “Really”

We need a lb but the obvious priorities are elsewhere. I took what Murray said in his interview possitvely. Looking outside of the usual pool of players and talked about how clubs in England who will loan players are just back training. Bring Bowie home...

1 hour ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

He's let 2 serviceable centre backs go without much of a fight to keep; we ain't bringing 2 in. 1 on loan maybe.

On a different note I see our average attendance last season was our lowest in the last 12 years.

Several mitigating factors like derby games being played outwith Saturdays and games being covered on BBC Alba. Add in the DG fallout too I suppose.

https://www.transfermarkt.com/raith-rovers-fc/besucherzahlenentwicklung/verein/2795

7 minutes ago, Scottydog said:

On a different note I see our average attendance last season was our lowest in the last 12 years.

Several mitigating factors like derby games being played outwith Saturdays and games being covered on BBC Alba. Add in the DG fallout too I suppose.

https://www.transfermarkt.com/raith-rovers-fc/besucherzahlenentwicklung/verein/2795

Is that not almost entirely because we played two home games (including a derby) in front of 500?

2 minutes ago, Against The Machine said:

Is that not almost entirely because we played two home games (including a derby) in front of 500?

Well, to equal the season before, we’d need 33,102 over 18 matches. Since we had 27,658, we were short by 5,444 attendees, which would mean we would have had to have 2,722 plus the 500 at those two matches. So 3,222 average attendance at those two matches, I doubt we’d have made it all up, but we’d likely have been reasonably close.

If it’s based on the total from last seasons fixture list on the same website then it’ll be wrong, as two of the games don’t have any attendances filled in at all.

Won’t add that much on right enough, but would mean it isn’t quite that bad. 

If it’s based on the total from last seasons fixture list on the same website then it’ll be wrong, as two of the games don’t have any attendances filled in at all.
Won’t add that much on right enough, but would mean it isn’t quite that bad. 

Your assumption is correct.

Using the attendance figures given on the Raith website our average attendance last season was 1695.

In the 16 games where capacity wasn’t restricted to 500, the average was just short of 1850.

If both Pars games had been on a Saturday with no crowd restrictions I think we’d have got around 4K for each.
And the Arbroath game would have got 1600+ instead of 500.

Those three games would have added about 6k to the gate between them so average over the season would be around the 2k mark.