The New Raith Rovers Thread

Getting to play on the pitch with the first team players would have been great for the kids and that might be all it takes to get a supporter for life so. 

We are lucky in a way that they can have access to the team like that and doing all the kids coaching at starks bigger teams can't give that to supporters. 

New top is cracking and I think get one quick I'd you want one I can see it selling well. 

It's great to see a club put on all these things for children to get involved with and enjoy. Fair fucks, Rovers. 

Too many sides (and players) just give out signatures and photos which - whilst decent - are far, far eclipsed by things like you had on today.

25 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Seen on twitter they had a green screen where kids could be mocked into a wee film where they sign for Rovers and get their debut. That's an absolutely brilliant idea. Overall the event seems to have been a really good success.

Yeah saw them retweet that and thought it was a good idea

New kits nice but would be better without the red strips for me personally 

19 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

It's navy blue with red stripes, here to help 👍😝

Edited by keyser_soze

Yeah saw them retweet that and thought it was a good idea

The red stripe on the collars are the only issue I have with it. I'm a fan of our new strip overall though. Hopefully the away kit is of similar quality. It will most likely be like last seasons effort if what enigma said is true though.

Really not bothered in any way what a strip looks like.
Much more importantly is the quality of player inhabiting said strip.
This one is definitely retro, especially around the neck and sleeves with the red and white bands.
Exactly the same as that of the early 1960's when worn by folk like Dennis Mochan, Willie Wallace, Bobby Stein, Willie Polland Et al.🙂

46 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

No idea how the season will go footballing wise, but for Raith Rovers to have a positive vibe and feeling around the club given what went on not even 6 months ago, is frankly remarkable. Fair play.

I really do feel a fresh start management wise was best for all concerned, just feels like there's a sense of renewed enthusiasm for the season ahead.

This 👏🏻

Don’t care for the top…white stripes, OK…dislike the red stripes.
It looks alot better in person. I thought the same as you with that until I went up close to Tom lang and then I fell in lov... Wait what was I talking about

5 hours ago, CALDERON said:

No idea how the season will go footballing wise, but for Raith Rovers to have a positive vibe and feeling around the club given what went on not even 6 months ago, is frankly remarkable. Fair play.

I really do feel a fresh start management wise was best for all concerned, just feels like there's a sense of renewed enthusiasm for the season ahead.

Definitely feels like a clean break from the old regime. Or as close to it as we could get. 

I was really disillusioned back in February but now I'm feeling all Rovers-y again. 

32 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Murray saying in the Courier today that Matthews and Vaughan should be back in 6 - 8 weeks. 

Yeah seen that luckily we’re well covered In midfield for Matthews and Vaughan hopefully he comes back and gets managed correctly then kick on for the rest of the season 

41 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Murray saying in the Courier today that Matthews and Vaughan should be back in 6 - 8 weeks. 

Matthews was hobbling about on a set of crutches Saturday, and Vaughan clearly in a bit of discomfort after his wee op last week as well.