The New Raith Rovers Thread

13 minutes ago, Rovers_Lad said:

Agree but excellent turn out though and great to see so many kids running about after the launch with the new top on

Its a cracking strip, I’m 52 and I want one even if I do look daft🤣🤣

I'm a bit concerned that we'll end up with leigh Griffiths on a trial basis, given that he has links with Murray and is hooring himself again. While I've no doubt a fully fit Griffiths would score the goals, I'm not sure we'd want him given his lifestyle off the pitch. Thoughts??

I don't think that's the case. I reckon he gets fit he does an excellent job in this league.
Is Goodwillie still on your books?
Is he actually going to get fit though? He doesn't appear to have the drive for it. Yes he is but doesn't even train with the club. There was talk about him looking to move abroad but no idea if there's any truth to it.

Not against giving Griffiths a second chance, he’s a fud but he’s no DGW.  Get what you’re saying regarding us and any baggage with players we bring in especially while DGW is still picking up a salary. 

Edited by San Starko Rover

Not against giving Griffiths a second chance, he’s a fud but he’s no DGW.  Get what you’re saying regarding us and any baggage with players we bring in especially while DGW is still picking up a salary. 
Aye if we hadn't had the Goodwillie incident then I'd probably be OK with giving Griffiths a chance if he has actually turned a corner etc but it's just not worth it now imo.

Great turnout at the open day today however I won't lie, I was bored out my tits sitting in the North Stand for an hour whilst the players did their training session before we could get the strip reveal 😅 Big queues throughout the day for buying the new top, my laddie loves it and couldn't resist getting it for myself as well. Great to see so many bairns running about daft on the pitch sporting it and kudos to the players for not just milling around but actually grabbing a ball and mucking in with the kids blootering a ball about. So many smiling faces. 

1 hour ago, San Starko Rover said:

Managed two goals for Falkirk last season in League One. He's done. 

Grand day out at the open day, sure it was a bit chaotic but players were absolutely first class.

Kit is an absolute banger, to be fair the kits have been great for a few years but this is next level. 

Had a wee kick about on the pitch and a tour of the main stand. Hoping my commentary efforts with the TV guys "experence" will get me signed up and now wholly regret not getting my face painted.

#IMaRover

4 minutes ago, The Tiel Burn said:

Grand day out at the open day, sure it was a bit chaotic but players were absolutely first class.

Kit is an absolute banger, to be fair the kits have been great for a few years but this is next level. 

Had a wee kick about on the pitch and a tour of the main stand. Hoping my commentary efforts with the TV guys "experence" will get me signed up and now wholly regret not getting my face painted.

#IMaRover

You'd do better than the dodgy cameraman yesterday

@Zen Archer (Raconteur)