The New Raith Rovers Thread

There was a lot for Murray to be unhappy about with the goal conceded. Mostly for me was the amount of space and time the lad got to look up and take his opportunity to shoot from there. Ideally a keeper never gets beaten from that distance, but like Marshall in the Euros, it happens, usually because others don't do their jobs first. 

Overall a lot for Murray to be pleased with, the new boys bedding in well, looks like we're going to have options from the players across a few positions. Gullan getting a few goals and being very much involved is good for his confidence too. Wonderful strike from Easton too. Look forward to seeing the team on Wednesday against some bigger opposition in Queen of the South but yesterday was a good testimonial for a local lad who spent most of his career at Dunbar, well done to him. 

Edited by CountryBumpkin

A lot to like about yesterday (all with the pre season caveat) 

Hgh press, formation to suit players talents, a drive to maintain momentum, goal threat. Like the style of the managers direction and his interviews. Far less evidence of a siege like intensity.

Looking forward to seeing the strip today pity the advertising wasn't a bit more clear as I would have planned round the times when booking family cinema trip. 

49 minutes ago, CountryBumpkin said:

There was a lot for Murray to be unhappy about with the goal conceded. Mostly for me was the amount of space and time the lad got to look up and take his opportunity to shoot from there. Ideally a keeper never gets beaten from that distance, but like Marshall in the Euros, it happens, usually because others don't do their jobs first. 

Pretty much this.

It's one thing saying Thomson isn't up to it, but quite another trying to find a replacement of better quality and a goalkeeper coach within our budget.

Look around at the quality of back up goalies in the Championship last season - Antell at Arbroath, Mehmet at the Pars, McAdam at Ayr etc - in fact look at St Mirren in the Premier (Dean Lyness). Would you swap Thomson for any of them?

7 hours ago, TxRover said:

I’d say not a hope this year. Get a loan to Airdrie or Falkirk, if he looks ready, otherwise in League Two until January and we’ll see.

I’d rather he went to Airdrie. They have an awesome set up and a real team ethic. 

1 hour ago, CountryBumpkin said:

Overall a lot for Murray to be pleased with, the new boys bedding in well, looks like we're going to have options from the players across a few positions. Gullan getting a few goals and being very much involved is good for his confidence too. Wonderful strike from Easton too. Look forward to seeing the team on Wednesday against some bigger opposition in Queen of the South but yesterday was a good testimonial for a local lad who spent most of his career at Dunbar, well done to him. 

Tbf No one expected the strike from the lad and caught everyone including Thomson off guard there’s literally nothing he could’ve done 

23 minutes ago, RRFC_Liam said:

Tbf No one expected the strike from the lad and caught everyone including Thomson off guard there’s literally nothing he could’ve done 

That was my point really, but the players around him didn't do enough to close him down and stop his attempt. He was just left without any pressure. That's what Murray is likely to be more annoyed at I'd think.