The New Raith Rovers Thread

Hoping what Davie and co said is true and that the top we were wearing today was indeed just a training top. If it was a training top I'm suspecting the new top must have some sky blue in it somewhere. I've got the fear already. 

As for the game. Some good goals there. Eastons the pick of the bunch but good finishes by Mitchell and Paterson. 

Any ideas why Spencer and MacDonald weren't included in the line up? 

5 minutes ago, Raithie said:

Hoping what Davie and co said is true and that the top we were wearing today was indeed just a training top. If it was a training top I'm suspecting the new top must have some sky blue in it somewhere. I've got the fear already. 

As for the game. Some good goals there. Eastons the pick of the bunch but good finishes by Mitchell and Paterson. 

I was hoping we had left the sky blue nonsense behind us when we moved to Joma. The home top should be navy and white. No other colours necessary. 

10 minutes ago, Raithie said:

Spencer don’t know, and I’m sure Jamie MacDonald was away to family wedding or some family event 

31 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Liked what Mitchell showed, a head for finding a spot near the goal mouth and took advantage. At Bo’ness he was most often played in on a deep pass and used his speed to get to it and score, nice to see he has a feel for poaching too. I’m hopeful for him next year.

Hopefully he can prove that’s he’s worth a shout in the first team. 

9 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

I was hoping we had left the sky blue nonsense behind us when we moved to Joma. The home top should be navy and white. No other colours necessary. 

I’m hoping for the navy strip with white sleeves

sorry I keep forgetting to multiquote. 

Edited by baillieinleeds

12 minutes ago, Brashy's Boots said:

Thomson for that goal though....... Never been convinced by him I'm afraid, and that hasn't helped. We need a solid back up for JM.

Sorry what was wrong with Thomson at the goal.  His starting position is exactly where you want him to be when the ball is at the half way line, It was a good strike by the boy.  

Ffs It was the first pre season game and people are moaning already 

3 hours ago, Roverss said:

Cut above, offers a lot going forward

Speaking about offers, Brodys Mum and Dad were stood next to me said that hes considering his options with a few offers on the table already wouldn't say if we were one of them but the fact he got game time would indicate we have.

Looked very good going foward, despite Liam Dick constantly having a go at him for pushing up.

Decent run out to get some minutes in the legs and some nice goals. Was never going to be a tough game due to the difference in player standard but it was nice to see the Dunbar lads play football instead of just sitting in their own 3rd. Thankless day for their striker up against someone with Berra’s experience. Thought their Keeper made a few good saves and their goal was a cracker, Thomson was caught napping but the finish was excellent, I doubt he’ll score a better one all season.  Nice ground and a good wee setup down there, new stand is looking good, end of the day it was a testimonial for their captain and it’s great to see we were accommodating for him as a Rovers fan.  Impressed with both BOD and Dunbar’s setup small clubs but well run. .  

38 minutes ago, Hadji said:

Speaking about offers, Brodys Mum and Dad were stood next to me said that hes considering his options with a few offers on the table already wouldn't say if we were one of them but the fact he got game time would indicate we have.

Looked very good going foward, despite Liam Dick constantly having a go at him for pushing up.

Would love it to be us and maybe the Murray factor could convince him as he looked a cut above, Kieran MacDonald Esq going forward, beating his man and putting in a good cross, not been challenged defensively yet so we’ll see on that front but he did look good and composed on the ball 

Ross Millen can’t really judge his performance as he never had much to do, he did put in a few good cross and got forward but against lesser opposition he was never tested, be interesting on Wednesday to see him defensively as Queen of the south is a lot better than what Dunbar are 

4 hours ago, baillieinleeds said:

Hopefully he can prove that’s he’s worth a shout in the first team. 

I’d say not a hope this year. Get a loan to Airdrie or Falkirk, if he looks ready, otherwise in League Two until January and we’ll see.

8 hours ago, The Stig said:

Sorry what was wrong with Thomson at the goal.  His starting position is exactly where you want him to be when the ball is at the half way line, It was a good strike by the boy.  

Murray was clearly less than impressed by it also. 

7 hours ago, RRFC_Liam said:

Would love it to be us and maybe the Murray factor could convince him as he looked a cut above, Kieran MacDonald Esq going forward, beating his man and putting in a good cross, not been challenged defensively yet so we’ll see on that front but he did look good and composed on the ball 

I wouldn't be offering anyone a deal on the back of a match against Dunbar. Especially coming on with fresh legs against a tiring team. 

I'll be interested in seeing how he does against QoS and Kelty. 

Eh, sorry for having an opinion at odds with yours Stig. Ian Murray seemed irked by it too but maybe we're both wrong and you're right.