The New Raith Rovers Thread

1 minute ago, RRFC_Liam said:

Judas has signed for Hartlepool, Hartley is raiding the Scottish leagues leaving nothing for others, he’ll be after McAllister and Megginson next 

He said that was his plan and he's going for. Tumilty, Sena and now Murray; all players that would have got another club in our league.

I'd be raging if he came after some of our players! Ours are all under contract, which might deter. Mitch and Rory won't leave the Aberdeen area imo. Other than that Fyvie would be the only player he might come after. 

9 minutes ago, grumswall said:
18 minutes ago, RRFC_Liam said:
Judas has signed for Hartlepool, Hartley is raiding the Scottish leagues leaving nothing for others, he’ll be after McAllister and Megginson next 

Hopefully. Megginson was a player I liked when he was with us.

Mitch is top class, a match winner. Agile, creative and a natural finisher. Plays best with a target man next to him.

Edited by CoveRangers1922

31 minutes ago, RRFC_Liam said:

McAllister is in his mid 30s now I think. 

I'm interested to see how Mitch gets on this season. He always gave his all with us but it just never worked out. 

21 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Mitch is top class, a match winner. Agile, creative and a natural finisher. Plays best with a target man next to him.

I liked Mitch but for some reason didn’t work out at us, but he’s been fantastic for cove, be interesting how he does at championship level this time round 

I liked Mitch but for some reason didn’t work out at us, but he’s been fantastic for cove, be interesting how he does at championship level this time round 
I may be misremembering his time here but I always felt he never got a fair crack at it with us. As I said, he was a player I liked and I'm not surprised to see him doing well with cove.

20 minutes ago, RRFC_Liam said:

I think it's something ridiculous like 170+ goals in 5 seasons with us, granted 2 seasons in the HL.

Top scorer in L2 and L1 both times. Last season was 22 goals and 14 assists in 42 games.

Think he'll do well this season upcoming. A few in the league might underestimate to start with. We need some creative AM's, of which you have plenty!

Edited by CoveRangers1922

3 hours ago, Been going too long said:

So a striker on loan then ? Don't think we will get Hamilton but Matej is a handy player don’t get the lack of enthusiasm for him tbh

3 hours ago, pub car king said:

I think it might be a case of  Murray is just being careful with his budget. He needs to rebuild the defence for a start, then we need to find the elusive striker everyone is after. He's got to take into account Vaughan and Lang to an extent are gambles and there is the loan market to utilise as well. 

Not necessarily a loan I believe but would make sense.

I think PCK hits the nail on the head, it's more about funds than anything else. No lack of enthusiasm for Pop's as I'd love to see him with us as part of the strike force for next season, but if it ends up being one striker in and only one, then I just don't think he would be the best bet.

31 minutes ago, Scottydog said:

Not necessarily a loan I believe but would make sense.

I think PCK hits the nail on the head, it's more about funds than anything else. No lack of enthusiasm for Pop's as I'd love to see him with us as part of the strike force for next season, but if it ends up being one striker in and only one, then I just don't think he would be the best bet.

So sounds like  a reduced budget then, I hope Murray has a plan because if he is going to wait all window for a certain player and doesn’t get him, our strike force at the moment isn’t strong enough. Going to be a long frustrating summer for me 🤦🏻‍♂️ 

So sounds like  a reduced budget then, I hope Murray has a plan because if he is going to wait all window for a certain player and doesn’t get him, our strike force at the moment isn’t strong enough. Going to be a long frustrating summer for me [emoji2359] 
Obviously the actual playing staff budget is reduced. We're still paying the rapists wages. We're what two weeks in to pre season? It's perfectly normal for squads to not be completed at this stage.

9 minutes ago, grumswall said:
1 hour ago, Been going too long said:
So sounds like  a reduced budget then, I hope Murray has a plan because if he is going to wait all window for a certain player and doesn’t get him, our strike force at the moment isn’t strong enough. Going to be a long frustrating summer for me emoji2359.png 

Obviously the actual playing staff budget is reduced. We're still paying the rapists wages. We're what two weeks in to pre season? It's perfectly normal for squads to not be completed at this stage.

Yeah but the other poster said earlier Murray has striker targets in mind and prepared to wait all window for them and may not get them in the end, just don’t like that way of doing things personally and what happens if we end up with hee  haw?  

1 minute ago, Been going too long said:

Yeah but the other poster said earlier Murray has striker targets in mind and prepared to wait all window for them and may not get them in the end, just don’t like that way of doing things personally and what happens if we end up with hee  haw?  

We rotate the pairings till we find one that works?

The same as has happened with every other manager. They work with what they have and maybe even pick up a free transfer similar to how mcglynn got Armstrong first time round iirc

1 minute ago, grumswall said:
6 minutes ago, Been going too long said:

The same as has happened with every other manager. They work with what they have and maybe even pick up a free transfer similar to how mcglynn got Armstrong first time round iirc

Still pisses me off when we have obvious holes in the squad that need addressed 

Aye definitely. Murray isn't stupid though and knows what's needed. It seems like a pretty poor market for players at this level so far. Just need to give him time and trust he will get the right players in.

1 minute ago, grumswall said:
7 minutes ago, Been going too long said:

Aye definitely. Murray isn't stupid though and knows what's needed. It seems like a pretty poor market for players at this level so far. Just need to give him time and trust he will get the right players in.

Yeah fingers crossed, at least the games are starting now so I will see in the flesh how we are looking