The New Raith Rovers Thread

18 minutes ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

Is Kellie Road OK for parking?

It isnt usually however when theres big events on it is so I imagine it would be okay, quite a bit of parking the other side of the railway at bleachingfield or countess road even just continuing along countess road u would reach the grammar school which is about a 10 minute walk and has plenty of parking 

1 minute ago, Against The Machine said:

Bit of Twitter chat that Euan Murray is another one going to Hartlepool. Paul Hartley really depleting an already slim market for clubs like us! 

Its an interesting phenomenon. The market has definitely been shrinking the last couple of years. 

Is it because English teams find it harder to jump through the hoops to bring in EU players (including ROI) and therefore are starting to poach Scottish players who otherwise would be hovering between Premier and Championship up here?

Are the bigger club youth systems doing better at identifying talent earlier and centralising it all - leaving lower league clubs waiting for central parts of their teams late into August when the loans start to happen?

More guys going PT earlier and staying PT as FT wages in the second tier are not attractive enough to shift?

All of the above? None of the above?

1 hour ago, TxRover said:

Because the poster I was quoting noted Lang’s return is not assured, as is the case with any major knee op return.

Top sports surgeon and progress great- and dedicated lad, be positive. 

19 minutes ago, JBJ said:

Top sports surgeon and progress great- and dedicated lad, be positive. 

I was, but the simple fact is a return from injury (complete, timely, whatever) is NEVER a sure thing…see, Musonda, Frankie.

Euan Murray? Oh great I can’t wait to see him in a Rovers shirt again, doing his backwards quickstep while the opponent picks his spot. I’d rather he pitched up at at Hamilton than Hartypool.

Poplatnik would be nice to have but we have a few luxury players already. Ian Murray has 3 striking targets but I was told it’ll likely be late in the window before he reckons he’ll land one…..if at all.

At present we only have LV who can operate as a main striker, Easton, Gullan and probably Ross or Zanatta could play the second striker role but we need a No9. If Jack Hamilton was in the equation would we still prefer Popps?

14 minutes ago, TxRover said:

I was, but the simple fact is a return from injury (complete, timely, whatever) is NEVER a sure thing…see, Musonda, Frankie.

Guess so but this lad is a machine…… really hope he stays on track and gets back in great shape. 

3 minutes ago, Scottydog said:

Euan Murray? Oh great I can’t wait to see him in a Rovers shirt again, doing his backwards quickstep while the opponent picks his spot. I’d rather he pitched up at at Hamilton than Hartypool.

Poplatnik would be nice to have but we have a few luxury players already. Ian Murray has 3 striking targets but I was told it’ll likely be late in the window before he reckons he’ll land one…..if at all.

At present we only have LV who can operate as a main striker, Easton, Gullan and probably Ross or Zanatta could play the second striker role but we need a No9. If Jack Hamilton was in the equation would we still prefer Popps?

So a striker on loan then ? Dont think we will get Hamilton but matej is a handy player don’t get the lack of enthusiasm for him tbh

13 minutes ago, grumswall said:
23 minutes ago, JBJ said:
Guess so but this lad is a machine…… really hope he stays on track and gets back in great shape. 

You're Tom lang aren't you...

Busted lol

I think it might be a case of  Murray is just being careful with his budget. He needs to rebuild the defence for a start, then we need to find the elusive striker everyone is after. He's got to take into account Vaughan and Lang to an extent are gambles and there is the loan market to utilise as well.