The New Raith Rovers Thread

While others are saying it’s still only June. To a degree yes it is. But the silence from the club. Or no info whatsoever on what the targets are is disconcerting. I’m sure the gaffer is keeping things close to his chest, as in not giving other clubs ideas is prudent. We can’t really rely on Vaughan, and that’s pretty much a fact. We have attacking midfielders, but they aren’t strikers. We’ve virtually let a full defence go. That’s my biggest worry. Somebody also mentioned we can get better than Poplatnik, name them??

4 minutes ago, baillieinleeds said:

While others are saying it’s still only June. To a degree yes it is. But the silence from the club. Or no info whatsoever on what the targets are is disconcerting. I’m sure the gaffer is keeping things close to his chest, as in not giving other clubs ideas is prudent. We can’t really rely on Vaughan, and that’s pretty much a fact. We have attacking midfielders, but they aren’t strikers. We’ve virtually let a full defence go. That’s my biggest worry. Somebody also mentioned we can get better than Poplatnik, name them??

There are no degrees to it. It's fucking June. Says so on the calendar.

Why should the club publicly announce who they are talking to anyway? 

Edited by renton

51 minutes ago, renton said:

Then again, to reiterate. It's still only June.

30 minutes ago, baillieinleeds said:

While others are saying it’s still only June. To a degree yes it is.

26 minutes ago, renton said:

😂😂😂

46 minutes ago, renton said:

Why should the club publicly announce who they are talking to anyway? 

Fucking calm yourself. 

58 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

Reading the Falkirk thread and it looks like McGlynn has taken his injury jinx with him 

Think McGlynns training is too extreme and the players physically can’t handle it? Like beyond there limits type thing 

1 minute ago, RRFC_Liam said:

Think McGlynns training is too extreme and the players physically can’t handle it? Like beyond there limits type thing 

Nah he just finds their extended stay in League 1 as hilarious as we do and is working from the inside to keep them there.

22 minutes ago, RRFC_Liam said:

Nah it’s all just “bad luck”

For anyone thinking about attending the game vs dunbar tomorrow, theres a lot of exciting things going on along side the football. The Dunbar Relay For Life in support of Cancer Research UK will be happening on the running track next to the stadium, there will be a few stalls and activities going on throughout the day for people to get involved in, I also believe people are allowed to walk a few laps around the track to help the teams involved. 

Not much parking will be available at hallhill as the main carpark will be closed an an overflow car park will be used instead though theres lots of random places you can park around Dunbar thats a short walk to the ground. Hallhill will also be serving food and drink before and after the game for anyone looking for pre or post match pints :)  the pies at the game are also unreal.

Weathers looking good for tomorrow a great chance to go down and get behind the boys in Murrays first game in charge and support a lifelong rovers fan in his testimonial. Spectators will be right beside the pitch so you get a great view of the action and a chance to hear all the talking on the pitch.

7 hours ago, JBJ said:

Why would you say “if”… he’s well on the way 

Because the poster I was quoting noted Lang’s return is not assured, as is the case with any major knee op return.

17 minutes ago, fnxNTC said:

For anyone thinking about attending the game vs dunbar tomorrow, theres a lot of exciting things going on along side the football. The Dunbar Relay For Life in support of Cancer Research UK will be happening on the running track next to the stadium, there will be a few stalls and activities going on throughout the day for people to get involved in, I also believe people are allowed to walk a few laps around the track to help the teams involved. 

Not much parking will be available at hallhill as the main carpark will be closed an an overflow car park will be used instead though theres lots of random places you can park around Dunbar thats a short walk to the ground. Hallhill will also be serving food and drink before and after the game for anyone looking for pre or post match pints :)  the pies at the game are also unreal.

Weathers looking good for tomorrow a great chance to go down and get behind the boys in Murrays first game in charge and support a lifelong rovers fan in his testimonial. Spectators will be right beside the pitch so you get a great view of the action and a chance to hear all the talking on the pitch.

Is Kellie Road OK for parking?

3 minutes ago, renton said:

Aye, f**k it - go out there and get him.

He's far from infallible, but I think he fits into exactly the right profile for the central defender we need to bring in, having lost Benedictus and Musonda. He's got a lot of experience at this level whilst still being a really good age, and he does most things well. 

I imagine there'll be a fair bit of competition for him (and he's probably already got a move lined up) for exactly the reason we should be going to fair lengths to get him; there aren't a lot of these guys out there at the moment. 

Am I the only one that remembers him being utterly shite pretty much every time we've played against him since he left us? In saying that, aye get him signed. He isn't a bad defender and can also play across the back line pretty well. Adds a bit of a threat at corners as well.