The New Raith Rovers Thread

The earlier you sign a player, the earlier you pay their wages.
At this time of year players hold the power, give it another couple of weeks and that swings back to the clubs

Then you have more interested clubs that haven't had to pay a wage for 2 months of kickabouts.

5 hours ago, Michael W said:

What's up with Matthews?

Rumoured to have been for an Operation. The procedure should have been done at seasons end but wasn't arranged correctly due to holiday being booked. I suppose this is the kind of f**k up that happens when the manager is leaving and there's nobody in place to take up the slack.

3 hours ago, South Stand Dynamo said:

I was hoping we could have brought James Maxwell in as a starting LB tbh. 

Me too!

I think we'd have to release Dick for that to happen though.

8 hours ago, RRFC_Liam said:

Anyone going to Dunbar on Saturday and what’s the best way to get there? My Cars off the Road so can’t drive through, what’s the train situation like? 

On the whole bus is the only option, no trains out of Fife but some Transpennine & Cross Country ones running to Dunbar from Edinburgh but none running back after the match.

15 hours ago, TxRover said:

Oh, I agree…but when/if Lang comes back, he would start over McKay or Bene, at least, and probably Musonda.  Instead, each is now starting for another team.

As for bare, Connolly at RB or Ross at LB would indicate we’re down to the nubs.

Why would you say “if”… he’s well on the way 

18 minutes ago, baillieinleeds said:

Should we sign Poplatnik. The guy was really coming on to a game for us. If the budget dictates right enough. The players we’ve signed could be the perfect foil for his style of play. 

I think we should tbh, great end to the season, team player, no drama with him and a good professional and if playing every week could hit close to 20 goals for us 

Can't help but feel he hit a purple patch. For every good game he had, there were games like the last 2 against Dunfermline where he was terrible, the extent of which he and Varian were poor in the new year game prompted the "our strikers dinnae score" response from Mcglynn which played its part in you know who signing.

A useful player, but not one that completes the strike force, for me.

42 minutes ago, Brashy's Boots said:
1 hour ago, Been going too long said:
I think we should tbh, great end to the season, team player, no drama with him and a good professional and if playing every week could hit close to 20 goals for us 

20 goals? What are you basing that on? Tea leaves?

No on his performances when he finally got a decent run in the team ,as he scored about 11 in all competitions for us last season 👍🏻

Edited by Been going too long

26 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

Can't help but feel he hit a purple patch. For every good game he had, there were games like the last 2 against Dunfermline where he was terrible, the extent of which he and Varian were poor in the new year game prompted the "our strikers dinnae score" response from Mcglynn which played its part in you know who signing.

A useful player, but not one that completes the strike force, for me.

Agree with this.

I wouldn't be against signing him but he's not the final piece in the jigsaw. If we are only looking at signing one centre forward I think we need to try and find better.

Yeah, Vaughan is a bonus player.  The club absolutely have to work on the basis that he isn't available.  If he's fit, great, it's a boost.  But hanging our hat on that and building a squad around him is foolish.

2 hours ago, Been going too long said:

Exactly, getting more game time is pivitol. He became a bit of a fans favourite. Murray get it done.

14 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

We should have enough fire power up front with what we have, two defenders are the top priority for the moment

Other than Vaughan, where is this fire power up front ?

Many seem to be writing off Gullan - maybe Murray thinks he can get a tune out of him up top who knows? 

Different tactics, personnel - who knows The Hammer could be the answer. 

11 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

Other than Vaughan, where is this fire power up front ?

I wouldn' t even have Vaughan in the equation ...... as yet, theres Ross, Gullan, Zannatta, Connolly and the two new guys in midfield, thats 6 more than we have defenders, I'm not saying we dont need an out and out striker but imho the defence is more important to sort first

Lets face it the problem last season wasn't so much putting them in but keeping them out 

Edited by SirJimmyofNic

31 minutes ago, RaithRyan said:

Many seem to be writing off Gullan - maybe Murray thinks he can get a tune out of him up top who knows? 

Different tactics, personnel - who knows The Hammer could be the answer. 

Jamie Gullan should be good enough to score at this level. Depends how we set up really. Even if Vaughan is fit we still only have two recognised strikers with significant first team action at this level.

We need at least one more striker and two more defenders. It's not a case of either/or... both are as important as the other to fix.

Then again, to reiterate. It's still only June.