The New Raith Rovers Thread

27 minutes ago, stevoraith said:

Exactly this.
People these days seem to feel they should be in the loop with everything.
The fact there are far fewer rumours this season than there have been in the past suggests that someone who has left the club (be that management team, board member or player) was the one with the loose lips.

For anyone to think that a lack of rumours means that the man who is paid to manage the football team is not aware of the teams weaknesses and/or is not actively trying to address them is just madness.

Of course that doesn’t mean we will actually end up signing anyone of the required quality but of course there will be lots of work going on in the background at the moment.

Time will tell bud, I just think it was stupid to let 2 cb’s walk out the club without something better lined up first. It may well be that he does have something but at the moment we don’t know and seems a very risky strategy considering we weren’t relegated. Looking forward to the game on Saturday and next week to look at the team in flesh 

6 minutes ago, RRFC_Liam said:

I’m sure he trained and got offered a deal at the pars before signing for us so he could go back and try his luck there, and he knows McGlynn well but have Falkirk really got the budget to get him apparently there money problems are bad, I liked Armstrong but I felt he tried to much when there was a better option to play 

Couldn’t care less where he ends up now, he thinks he is better than he actually is and has no affinity for us, I reckon Falkirk may take him

13 minutes ago, RRFC_Liam said:

That dodgey twitter account who said Musonda  was close to signing for Ayr is now saying Partick are hopeful of signing ex rovers defender Euan Murray, I know that he’s a dirty Judas and the way he left etc but who anyone be against taking him back even on a season long loan? 

He stays in Kilmarnock I’m sure, think he will look for a club through that way tbh,wouldn’t be against him returning just don’t think he will 

Just now, Been going too long said:

Couldn’t care less where he ends up now, he thinks he is better than he actually is and has no affinity for us, I reckon Falkirk may take him

I couldn’t care either tbh, I reckon like a Morton Ayr or maybe even QP he could well at them can’t see him moving back down L1 unless pars give him a good wage or a loan to Kelty 

24 minutes ago, Been going too long said:

Time will tell bud, I just think it was stupid to let 2 cb’s walk out the club without something better lined up first. It may well be that he does have something but at the moment we don’t know and seems a very risky strategy considering we weren’t relegated. Looking forward to the game on Saturday and next week to look at the team in flesh 

Three CB’s…

The problems were:

McKay - Competent CB, and fill in RB (with limited ability going forward), who needed to start playing every week if he is going to develop. Was not going to start at CB before Berra, Lang, or perhaps Dick, so was allowed to depart.

Bene - Aging Captain who never seemed the same after that nasty break. Looked alternately capable and vulnerable, and was never entirely settled paired with Berra.  Clearly inferior to Lang and Berra, probably inferior to Musonda at CB and not usable at LB.

Musonda - Still a bit of an unknown. Had a magnificent start to his Rovers time, but never got regular or consistent playing time upon his return. JMcG had indicated he wanted to convert him to sweeper/DM, but the shortened season and then injuries sank that plan. Almost certainly the best of the three we let go, perhaps tied to total costs due to housing, perhaps we wouldn’t match Ayr’s 2 year deal, perhaps Murray doesn’t rate him. Flexible player who could fill any role (a la Dick? I couldn’t resist).

As for the Dunbar game, I hope we see Young at LB and Masson at CB, along with some trialist CB’s. Seeing Masson playing with Berra for a little while would be quite useful for the Staff, as Berra would be coaching the lad right there and seeing how he reacts…otherwise, I’d rather not see Berra or Dick play much.

1 minute ago, TxRover said:

Three CB’s…

The problems were:

McKay - Competent CB, and fill in RB (with limited ability going forward), who needed to start playing every week if he is going to develop. Was not going to start at CB before Berra, Lang, or perhaps Dick, so was allowed to depart.

Bene - Aging Captain who never seemed the same after that nasty break. Looked alternately capable and vulnerable, and was never entirely settled paired with Berra.  Clearly inferior to Lang and Berra, probably inferior to Musonda at CB and not usable at LB.

Musonda - Still a bit of an unknown. Had a magnificent start to his Rovers time, but never got regular or consistent playing time upon his return. JMcG had indicated he wanted to convert him to sweeper/DM, but the shortened season and then injuries sank that plan. Almost certainly the best of the three we let go, perhaps tied to total costs due to housing, perhaps we wouldn’t match Ayr’s 2 year deal, perhaps Murray doesn’t rate him. Flexible player who could fill any role (a la Dick? I couldn’t resist).

As for the Dunbar game, I hope we see Young at LB and Masson at CB, along with some trialist CB’s. Seeing Masson playing with Berra for a little while would be quite useful for the Staff, as Berra would be coaching the lad right there and seeing how he reacts…otherwise, I’d rather not see Berra or Dick play much.

But we aren’t going to have Lang until October at the earliest, may break down again🤷🏻‍♂️ Berra had a bad injury last season who knows how he will be given his age. Right now at this minute we are bare in defence unless we play a centre mid there( brown) left back there ( your best pal 😜) or an untried kid in Masson who played at Thornton last season. Not great yeah we will get by on Saturday but be interesting to see how we do v Queens next week

Some amount of knicker wetting in here, coupled to some blinding insight. I hope Ian Murray reads it and sees we need defenders and a striker. Lack of anyone signing does not mean nothing is happening.

Can we just let the professional football manager do his job and wait patiently to see what he comes up with?

As for Musonda......Mehsonda.

There is a Q&A with Murray on Sunday at the Open Day. Granted it's a day for the kids but a chance for the P&B maws n paws to give the bairns a list of questions to ask the gaffer and report back 😛

12 minutes ago, Raithie said:

There is a Q&A with Murray on Sunday at the Open Day. Granted it's a day for the kids but a chance for the P&B maws n paws to give the bairns a list of questions to ask the gaffer and report back 😛

Sounds like a party for kids, who could we send along?

@Scary Bear

32 minutes ago, Brashy's Boots said:
40 minutes ago, RRFC_Liam said:
Anyone going to Dunbar on Saturday and what’s the best way to get there? My Cars off the Road so can’t drive through, what’s the train situation like? 

Start walking

Or swimming...