The New Raith Rovers Thread

After being the spare man last season it probably came down to 1st team football, if Ayr are offering it and we’re not guaranteeing it he’s probably taken their offer. He’s just been capped for his country and won’t want to be sat on a bench at this level. 

As I said previously, like Benedictus I'm not too fussed about him going. Not on last season's showing that - yes- was interrupted by injury but still didn't really hit the heights for me. He was third choice for me, behind Berra and Lang and McGlynn's 4th choice thanks to his unwavering loyalty in Benedictus.

If Lang was fit to play just now would we be so sorry to see him go? Or is it the general lack of CBs that has folk jumpy?

Was really good in his first season, of course and it's about how we replace him now that's the difficult bit.

I got the feeling the club grew cool towards Frankie and weren't too fussed if he went. I heard wee bit of an attitude and between injuries and his new found commitment to Zambia there was definitely a change in the air.

Re, favourite players, Murray McDemott is right up there for me too as he was part of the 1st Rovers team I watched H&A. McDermott, Brown/Houston, Candlish/McDonnagh, McFarlane, Taylor, Thomson, Urquhart, Hunter, Petty, Hunter, Wallace (Mk II), Harrow, Duncan.  Paquito or Hetherston may be the best of the ones I can remember as I've little recall of greats like Malky Robertson and Joe Baker as I was very young when I was at the occaisional game in the early-mid 70's.

As I said previously, like Benedictus I'm not too fussed about him going. Not on last season's showing that - yes- was interrupted by injury but still didn't really hit the heights for me. He was third choice for me, behind Berra and Lang and McGlynn's 4th choice thanks to his unwavering loyalty in Benedictus.
If Lang was fit to play just now would we be so sorry to see him go? Or is it the general lack of CBs that has folk jumpy?
Was really good in his first season, of course and it's about how we replace him now that's the difficult bit.
He can step in to any position across the defence which makes him very useful. If he can stay fit for Ayr, I wouldn't be surprised to see him being one of the best defenders in the league next season. He's also a genuinely decent guy who seemed to enjoy engaging with the fans. If Murray can bring in someone of similar or better standard then it's no massive loss but, we haven't actually had any rumours at this stage for cb, so it is a little worrying.

1 minute ago, Scottydog said:

I got the feeling the club grew cool towards Frankie and weren't too fussed if he went. I heard wee bit of an attitude and between injuries and his new found commitment to Zambia there was definitely a change in the air.

Re, favourite players, Murray McDemott is right up there for me too as he was part of the 1st Rovers team I watched H&A. McDermott, Brown/Houston, Candlish/McDonnagh, McFarlane, Taylor, Thomson, Urquhart, Hunter, Petty, Hunter, Wallace (Mk II), Harrow, Duncan.  Paquito or Hetherston may be the best of the ones I can remember as I've little recall of greats like Malky Robertson and Joe Baker as I was very young when I was at the occaisional game in the early-mid 70's.

Malky was brilliant in the air...

...leaping over the legs of CB's winning penalties.

Hearing couple rumours regarding some of the departures - seen and heard the same couple now too in relation to some of the players not being contacted by the manager at all- which ultimately led to them moving on elsewhere. 

im in the camp I’d have kept Frankie - and going by his tweet it would suggest we’ve not met his demands or not even offered anything at all and wished him on his way. 

Hopefully the gaffer has something up his sleeve - not getting into panic stations yet, but would have hoped for at least a centre back signing given our state of affairs in that area. 

Edited by RaithRyan

I'll wait to see who comes in before judgement, but at the moment I don't think he's a massive loss.
I'm guessing we weren't able to match Ayr's 2 year deal.

Paying for his accommodation may also have played a part.

It’s infuriating losing a player to a team you’ve outperformed for two years but for a lot of players they’ll take other factors into consideration before that.

It all depends on who comes in  doesn't it? Currently we are -3 in the CB stakes and have one fit CB. Whether that's feeding my annoyance at this development, I'm not entirely sure. But if we replace him with some scrawny 19 year old loanee, I'm not going to be best pleased. 

Not keeping him very much looks a poor decision at this moment in time. Maybe it's budget related, maybe it isn't. 

Hearing couple rumours regarding some of the departures - seen and heard the same couple now too in relation to some of the players not being contacted by the manager at all- which ultimately led to them moving on elsewhere.

They’re not really rumours though mate.

Ian Murray said, himself, on a Raith TV interview after it was announced that both Tumilty and Musonda were leaving that he hadn’t spoke to either player.

6 minutes ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

They’re not really rumours though mate.

Ian Murray said, himself, on a Raith TV interview after it was announced that both Tumilty and Musonda were leaving that he hadn’t spoke to either player.

Not just the aforementioned two though. 

id heard Bene hadn’t been contacted at all. 

maybe I’m old school, but I’d have at least thought out of common courtesy theyd have been spoken too. Especially someone who had been at the club for a lengthy period of time and was club captain. 

Edited by RaithRyan