The New Raith Rovers Thread

Due to any lack of decent rumours I had a look at who was freed in spl, I think we should have a look at Liam Fontaine , yeah he is old but very experienced and played over 30 games for Dundee last year, can’t rely on Berra every week plus he is a coach as well now, Jamie mccart is out of contract at st Johnstone might be worth a shout, up top nadir   Ciftci is free. I think we should get matej back if he is open to it as for a smaller guy he lead the line well and we need someone like that not a second striker imo 

Sorry if this this dismissive but i can't see any of those happening. No chance we'd get McCart given he was linked with Hibs recently. Fontaine seems to be perma injured and Ciftci seems to fall into the Griffiths category.

25 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Sorry if this this dismissive but i can't see any of those happening. No chance we'd get McCart given he was linked with Hibs recently. Fontaine seems to be perma injured and Ciftci seems to fall into the Griffiths category.

No worries mate I’m bored and just fancied a discussion, league is very quiet regarding signings in general at the moment 

8 minutes ago, Been going too long said:

No worries mate I’m bored and just fancied a discussion, league is very quiet regarding signings in general at the moment 

There’s no harm in that. Just watch the Record and the Scottish Sun might get their scoops from your post🤣🤣

1 hour ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Would like to take this opportunity to welcome him to the Rovers. 

I'd be surprised if we bring someone in from abroad. Pretty sure since Brexit the red tape and hoops you have to jump through is crazy. Looking down south is all well and good but you're then asking a player to relocate and might want their digs covered, something we were doing for Musonda I believe. That's a big expense on top of a monthly wage. 
I thought the club had local houses they owned. Maybe wrong though.

Due to any lack of decent rumours I had a look at who was freed in spl, I think we should have a look at Liam Fontaine , yeah he is old but very experienced and played over 30 games for Dundee last year, can’t rely on Berra every week plus he is a coach as well now, Jamie mccart is out of contract at st Johnstone might be worth a shout, up top nadir   Ciftci is free. I think we should get matej back if he is open to it as for a smaller guy he lead the line well and we need someone like that not a second striker imo 
We have a second striker in Gullen, we need the lamppost for him to play off. Players like Easton and Ross can play of then also.

17 hours ago, pub car king said:

I think the defence is more important than the strikers at the minute. We did not finish 5th last year due to a lack of goals, it was because we continued let them in at the back. 

Hopefully it won’t be too long before Tom Lang is ready. His and Berra’s stats when they were partnered together were pretty good. 

27 minutes ago, JBJ said:

Hopefully it won’t be too long before Tom Lang is ready. His and Berra’s stats when they were partnered together were pretty good. 

I heard we are looking at October/November all going well. May be that he has issues on his return and may not be fully available until closer to Christmas. We need a couple of CHs in.

3 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

I heard we are looking at October/November all going well. May be that he has issues on his return and may not be fully available until closer to Christmas. We need a couple of CHs in.

He’ll be back quick. He’s dedicated to his fitness. You have a good one there.

I have to say, I think it's a dreadful decision to let Frankie go. Whatever way round the decision was made, we should be able to compete with anything Ayr can offer. 

Murray might surprise us and bring in a couple of centre halfs who are incredible, but I think Musonda is exactly the kind of solid squad member you can rely on at this level, and I suspect he'll shine if he's given a prolonged run in one position. 

Initially, this looks pretty shambolic from our side. I could understand if he ended up at a club in the top flight, or who would probably be able to blow us out the water (Dundee). But to lose him to a team who finished below us seems like we've been caught snoozing. His tweet when he left sounded like he'd been waiting for some engagement from us with him stating "it looks like my time at Raith is up". It definitely didn't read as someone who was running for the exit door.

The Pars fans were celebrating taking our captain off us. Now they'll see what we're like when we're actually disappointed a defender goes. 

Edited by Broken Algorithms