The New Raith Rovers Thread

2 hours ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

If we've let Musonda go to turn up at one of our rivals when we ourselves are struggling for at least one CB after signing 2 midfielders that we didn't really need,  then the new manager has went down in my estimation 

Hopefully this is just a pile of shite doing the rounds, 

How did we not need to sign 2 midfielders. We lost Riley Snow okay no loss, Ben Williamson and we have to remember that McGlynn wanted to convert Musonda into a defensive midfielder. 

Although I would love to see us sign players we have to have faith that Murray is looking for the right players and will sign a couple of centre halfs, it may just take time. My concern is more in the striking department if Vaughan isn't fit. McGlynn struggled last season, other clubs look like they are struggling and we are rumoured to no one. There appears a distinct lack of decent strikers. 

I only thought Frankie was decent when we watched him on the streams every week. When we could actually see him in the flesh he had about 2 good games (away v Hamilton 3-0 for example), a few 'mares (Arbroath away 1-1 for example), but overwhelmingly meh.

Not worth much regret AFAIC 

Aye, I think this is probably what has happened as well.
We’ve offered something which neither of them were willing to accept, which is fine, but with the added caveat that we have to adequately replace them. That’s the the tough part. 

Murray said in an interview last week that he hadn’t even spoke to Musonda or Tumilty. Both players weren’t offered anything. In Tumilty’s case, he had already said that he was not wanting to stay at us.

Musonda had expressed a desire that he may want to explore other options as well but that to improve, we’d need to see changes anyway

14 minutes ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

Murray said in an interview last week that he hadn’t even spoke to Musonda or Tumilty. Both players weren’t offered anything. In Tumilty’s case, he had already said that he was not wanting to stay at us.

Musonda had expressed a desire that he may want to explore other options as well but that to improve, we’d need to see changes anyway

You’re maybe spot on, I just got the impression from what Benedictus and Musonda said, they’d have been up for staying if the price was right, and all things considered, I’d be very surprised the club hadn’t offered them anything, bearing in mind we could have offered them a deal long before Murray arrived. 

Tumilty on the other hand seemed very keen to move on, which is absolutely fair enough and I wish them all well. 

Regardless, we’ll probably never know, but hopefully we can replace them all with adequate reinforcements. 

6 minutes ago, McGuigan1978 said:

You’re maybe spot on, I just got the impression from what Benedictus and Musonda said, they’d have been up for staying if the price was right, and all things considered, I’d be very surprised the club hadn’t offered them anything, bearing in mind we could have offered them a deal long before Murray arrived. 

Tumilty on the other hand seemed very keen to move on, which is absolutely fair enough and I wish them all well. 

Regardless, we’ll probably never know, but hopefully we can replace them all with adequate reinforcements. 

Judging by his interview today, boredom was a big motivation.

I want to be annoyed by his comments but it's a fair point that playing teams at least 4 times a season is a bit boring.

Players will be on trial up and down the country and maybe hoping for a move to spl but then need to look at the championship, expect things to pick up soon but it is frustrating tbh as we were used to our business done early with Mcglynn .Murray is probably taking this time to give the players we have every chance but as a minimum we need a centre forward and a centre back 

Edited by Been going too long

12 minutes ago, McGuigan1978 said:

They’ve just signed Jai Quitongo and Grant Gillespie, who was awful for us in League One. Can’t say they’re screaming top four as it stands. 

Aye, but he's got luscious hair.

Now.

Edited by renton

I would rather Murray sign the right player not just signing someone for the sake of it to appease the fans, Looking at other teams in the league I’m not worried one little bit regarding signings so far in fact we are on par with any other team in the league.

I think Murray is looking down south or abroad for strikers as there’s a limited pool up here that is good enough and most play in the premiership or already been snapped up……… as for CHs I think he will get 2 permanent ones in but also there’s limited amount up here that is good enough

10 hours ago, RRFC_Liam said:

I think Murray is looking down south or abroad for strikers 

I'd be surprised if we bring someone in from abroad. Pretty sure since Brexit the red tape and hoops you have to jump through is crazy. Looking down south is all well and good but you're then asking a player to relocate and might want their digs covered, something we were doing for Musonda I believe. That's a big expense on top of a monthly wage. 

Due to any lack of decent rumours I had a look at who was freed in spl, I think we should have a look at Liam Fontaine , yeah he is old but very experienced and played over 30 games for Dundee last year, can’t rely on Berra every week plus he is a coach as well now, Jamie mccart is out of contract at st Johnstone might be worth a shout, up top nadir   Ciftci is free. I think we should get matej back if he is open to it as for a smaller guy he lead the line well and we need someone like that not a second striker imo