The New Raith Rovers Thread

That David Vize or whatever aye? he’s known to get things wrong 
Not so much getting it wrong. He just copies whatever the Red tops have on their transfer updates page and passes it off like he's in the loop. He's stopped with some of the Wilder shouts.

I was tempted to put something on here about Mark Stewart coming back to us as a player coach just to see if it got spewed back out in 15 minutes.

3 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Not so much getting it wrong. He just copies whatever the Red tops have on their transfer updates page and passes it off like he's in the loop. He's stopped with some of the Wilder shouts.

I was tempted to put something on here about Mark Stewart coming back to us as a player coach just to see if it got spewed back out in 15 minutes.

True, but I did see before he deleted the tweet that Brad was Defo off to Falkirk and that he agreed to sign and also made up a story about Imrie to Hamilton etc 

5 minutes ago, pub car king said:

Musonda to Ayr is surely a load of old shite.

Anyway back to us a d I think there will be at least 3 triallists featuring on Saturday hopefully at least one centre half. 

Just spoke to someone who is ITK and he said there's nothing imminent with it, this guy has jumped the gun, but there is interest.

It seems likely that Murray was happy enough to dispose of Musonda and Benedictus (or at least in the case of the latter, not try too hard to keep hold)

We still need two CBs so can only hope he has an idea of who he's bringing in to replace.

5 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

Just spoke to someone who is ITK and he said there's nothing imminent with it, this guy has jumped the gun, but there is interest.

Tbh I think he might go back down south as he’ll get better offers and probably wants to be closer to family 

Thing is, I can't imagine Musonda was cheap, particularly if we were paying digs for him (no idea if we were but not uncommon) 

I'd we assume some belt tightening has been planned then him and Bene probably did fall into the expendable category: good but not indispensable quality and higher wages.

39 minutes ago, renton said:

Thing is, I can't imagine Musonda was cheap, particularly if we were paying digs for him (no idea if we were but not uncommon) 

I'd we assume some belt tightening has been planned then him and Bene probably did fall into the expendable category: good but not indispensable quality and higher wages.

Aye, I think this is probably what has happened as well.

We’ve offered something which neither of them were willing to accept, which is fine, but with the added caveat that we have to adequately replace them. That’s the the tough part. 

If we've let Musonda go to turn up at one of our rivals when we ourselves are struggling for at least one CB after signing 2 midfielders that we didn't really need,  then the new manager has went down in my estimation 

Hopefully this is just a pile of shite doing the rounds, 

Edited by SirJimmyofNic

If we've let Musonda go to turn up at one of our rivals when we ourselves are struggling for at least one CB after signing 2 midfielders that we didn't really need,  then the new manager has went down in my estimation 

The manager will have went down in your estimations for making his own decision, before a ball has even been kicked? Have a word weirdo.

24 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

How do you prevent that though? You offer a player a wage that you can afford or think he deserves, and then you negotiate. If you can’t come to an agreement then that’s that. 

Whether he heads to Ayr, Falkirk or some English non-entities, it’ll be for a wage he’s happy with that we probably couldn’t afford. 

Murray has to work his budget accordingly. 

Edited to add, I can see you’ve called someone above a “fuckwit” for saying something similar, so there we are! 

Edited by McGuigan1978

31 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

Not sure any club at this level would turn down the chance to sign Easton after last season. Likewise in a midfield that last season often lacked a strong tackler during Matthews suspensions or injuries. I'd say Brown would count as something more than nice to have, if also less than essential.

I'm frustrated by the lack of CB signings as well, yet its likely Bene (by dint of time served) and Musonda because of the league he came from, paying digs etc. Probably were in the category that the cost sisnt quite add up to the quality in Murray's head.

He will be aware he needs CBs, and how necessary it is. Just didn't quite work out with the sequence of how he gets players in.