The New Raith Rovers Thread

12 hours ago, renton said:

There seems to be a general lack of transfers in the lower leagues so far, and of fairly patchy quality as well.

It's definitely a difficult market, there seems to be a real dearth of forwards, particularly for clubs at this level. 

In the last day or two, Caley have brought in Steven Boyd and Morton have signed Jai Quitongo. With a blank chequebook and all things being equal, I don't think anyone would've looked at either of those two as Championship strikers, let alone good ones. I think that probably speaks volumes about the quality that's available. 

I think the only other strikers that have signed for Championship clubs this summer are Dipo Akinyemi at Ayr (who's a complete unknown at this level) and Anton Dowds at Thistle. 

In a normal year, I think you'd be looking at multiple signings with the same approximate profile as Dowds. Ie, players from the division below who've either done well at that level or this one in the recent past. But for various reasons, there just aren't many of those kind of players around. 

Other than Tomi Adeloye and Matej Poplatnik, I can't think of any other "known" strikers who might resurface in this division, and there's every chance those two will go somewhere completely different. I think over the rest of the summer we'll see more Akinyemis, from down south or abroad who appear out of the blue and could be anywhere between excellent and dreadful, and then the usual raft of loan signings closer to the first league game. 

I don't think Jamie Gullan is a superstar, but I think if he'd run down his contract at Hibs he'd be incredibly sought after this summer. A lot of clubs, the Rovers included, are going to have to pin a fair bit of hope on a striker who's far from a guaranteed success. 

On Ryan Schiavone he started out as a winger, played at various youth levels with Scotland local lad from Lochgelly. 

Not 1st team ready but is a much better prospect than the likes of Coulson and Mahady. 

5 minutes ago, Hadji said:

On Ryan Schiavone he started out as a winger, played at various youth levels with Scotland local lad from Lochgelly. 

Not 1st team ready but is a much better prospect than the likes of Coulson and Mahady. 

Aye he probably is and as long as we bring someone else in ( matej🤞🏻) then he would be a decent addition to the squad and will probably get better 

52 minutes ago, Raith_Rasta said:

Gossip is Tumilty to Hartlepool.

I was going to post in here that that could be a potential destination for him. Hartley took him on loan about a month after he arrived at Falkirk. Gordon Young had him at Dundee United aswell. Clearly they both rate him and PH publicly said he's  looking to land some Scottish players.

Better him going down south than a potential rival. 

Edited by CoveRangers1922

10 minutes ago, Brashy's Boots said:

Has anyone received their season ticket yet?

Funnily enough was wondering the same.

Yesterday I checked my confirmation e mail and noticed it had an e ticket which mentioned it was to be used for entry.

Would suppose the bar code would be the same as you will get on card

14 minutes ago, DaveT said:

Funnily enough was wondering the same.

Yesterday I checked my confirmation e mail and noticed it had an e ticket which mentioned it was to be used for entry.

Would suppose the bar code would be the same as you will get on card

Yeah it is, they did the same last year.