The New Raith Rovers Thread

12 hours ago, Brashy's Boots said:

Is there any gossip or itk stuff about the new strip? Usually heard that it's a nod to a classic or it's a modern design or a copy of a Borussia Dortmund kit by 

the lack of any decent rumours this year is surprising, rovers must have tightened the inner circle or Mcglynn leaked everything, then again we had enough in February 

1 hour ago, Been going too long said:

the lack of any decent rumours this year is surprising, rovers must have tightened the inner circle or Mcglynn leaked everything, then again we had enough in February 

There seems to be a general lack of transfers in the lower leagues so far, and of fairly patchy quality as well.

On 17/06/2022 at 14:26, Against The Machine said:

Sound the @Jan Vojáček horn.

A brief search of Schiavone's name seems to suggest his 0 league goals in half a season in League One is underselling his abilities somewhat. The Dumbarton fans seemed to rate him higher than Stevie Farrell did, albeit as a supporting striker rather than an out-and-out number nine. 

Probably not a great sign that he spent the second half of the season at Gala Fairydean, although I can't find anything to suggest how he got on there. 

Sorry lads. Only just clocked this.

Ryan Schiavone looked like he might 'have something about him'. He's very quick, tall, strong, decent in the air and quite skilful for a big lanky guy. I thought he offered us a wee bit more up top than Kalvin Orsi, but I also wasn't fully sure he was up to League One football last season. And I don't think he's much of a goalscorer. That's not to say he won't be, it was maybe just too high a move too soon.

He played well enough in the games he started, and he added something from the bench. But I wasn't surprised when he went back to Hearts in January. And I'm also not surprised he ended up in the Lowland League last season.

He's the sort of player I'd probably be quite happy with us bringing in for the season in League Two. But I'd be surprised if he had much of an impact at this stage in his career in the Championship.

Edited by Jan Vojáček

3 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Sorry lads. Only just clocked this.

Ryan Schiavone looked like he might 'have something about him'. He's very quick, tall, strong, decent in the air and quite skilful for a big lanky guy. I thought he offered us a wee bit more up top than Kalvin Orsi, but I also wasn't fully sure he was up to League One football last season. And I don't think he's much of a goalscorer. That's not to say he won't be, it was maybe just too high a move too soon.

He played well enough in the games he started, and he added something from the bench. But I wasn't surprised when he went back to Hearts in January. And I'm also not surprised he ended up in the Lowland League last season.

He's the sort of player I'd probably be quite happy with us bringing in for the season in League Two. But I'd be surprised if he had much of an impact at this stage in his career in the Championship.

Cheers bud, he isn’t what we need right now imo and a waste of a wage at this point in his career, not saying he won’t develop into a decent player in a couple of years

See it's rumoured ICT are looking to sign Tumilty. Must not be getting any bites from Prem clubs and it'll be a bit of a pisser if we've not managed to hold onto him if he ends up signing for another Championship team. 

See it's rumoured ICT are looking to sign Tumilty. Must not be getting any bites from Prem clubs and it'll be a bit of a pisser if we've not managed to hold onto him if he ends up signing for another Championship team. 

Offskie down South, according to The Courier.

On the note of signings, I hope [emoji1593] emoji makes an appearance today…