The New Raith Rovers Thread

1 hour ago, roverthemoon said:

That’s what I took to be the whole point of the video. That we’re all in this together regardless of what we think/thought of Goodwillie, Sim, the Board etc. That’s why people criticising the folk in it seemed strange. Although on reflection, maybe hard men wasn’t the right phrase to describe that. So more than happy to retract it. 

AFS just ordered up the banners.

4 hours ago, Daz80 said:

Could well have been mate, I did think that, even Jim Foy was another that hadnt been at the club for years and years due to other things, but it’s good to see him back after all he has done for the club. 

Jim has been back for a wee while now. 

It doesn't really matter anyway. If Jim (or any supporter) fancies a bit of time away from going week in, week out, that's entirely their perogative. 

It doesn't make them any less of a fan, just like doing a bit more for the club than others doesn't make you a 'better' supporter either. 

We're a collective who all want the best for the club. 

Regarding the Goodwillie situation:

It's black and white for some and filled with grey areas for others. The sooner we respect the differing views and let people support the club the way they want to, the better. 

#MonTheRovers

13 minutes ago, Ebanda's Handyman Services said:

Jim has been back for a wee while now. 

It doesn't really matter anyway. If Jim (or any supporter) fancies a bit of time away from going week in, week out, that's entirely their perogative. 

It doesn't make them any less of a fan, just like doing a bit more for the club than others doesn't make you a 'better' supporter either. 

We're a collective who all want the best for the club. 

Regarding the Goodwillie situation:

It's black and white for some and filled with grey areas for others. The sooner we respect the differing views and let people support the club the way they want to, the better. 

#MonTheRovers

I agree with what your saying bud we won’t all agree all the time, only thing that annoyed me with some fellow fans was if you decided to go to the games you were some sort of rape apologist etc and some who were the loudest on this ( on here and Twitter) are back at the games now 🤷🏻‍♂️ Back on Subject I thoroughly enjoyed the video and it sums up perfectly what being a rovers fan is all about 

The first one was just a supporter of the club. He actually posts on here.

The second one, I’ve no idea who they are so they might be connected to the club in more ways than just a supporter.
If you don't know who Jim foy is then you ain't a Raith fan. Been around the club for the 30+ years I've supported them. The good old days of the supports busses from Glenrothes and Kirkcaldy. Jim used to run the Kirkcaldy busses.

Aye, I'm glad to see Jim gradually return back to the club. I've never spoken to him but he's another example who has put a lot of time and effort in to the club over the years without expecting much, if anything, in return. It's clear that volunteers are the lifeblood of the club. There's loads of good people doing some really good work whether officially or unofficially.

If you don't know who Jim foy is then you ain't a Raith fan. Been around the club for the 30+ years I've supported them. The good old days of the supports busses from Glenrothes and Kirkcaldy. Jim used to run the Kirkcaldy busses.

I’m not a Raith fan? Because I don’t know who another Raith fan is?

Whether he used to run the buses doesn’t matter to me as I’ve never been on a Raith supporters bus before and don’t plan on ever being on one.

I’m not slagging him off but to claim I’m not a Raith fan because I don’t know who another one is, is laughable [emoji23]

I’m at every single Rovers game home and away mate.

I'll admit I threw the dummy regarding goodwillie as well. I even went to a couple of hibs games, but I just couldn't do it. Within a few weeks i was back keeping an eye on the rovers, "peering through the curtains" if you like. Looking forward to next season already,  the most optimistic I've been in a while actually.

1 hour ago, foreverarover said:
20 hours ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

The second one, I’ve no idea who they are so they might be connected to the club in more ways than just a supporter.

Really?

1 hour ago, foreverarover said:
20 hours ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

Another P&B  hard man eh!? I have no idea who Jim Foy is, so im no a Rovers fan?